What bolts to remove dash?

FloydV

Donating Member
Registered
Hi,

I have a 2005 Busa. In a prior post someone said the easiest way to replace the headlight bulb was to remove the bolts holding the dash and stick my had through to reac the bulb.

I went out and looked, and I don't see any bolts holding the gauges in. Where would they be?

Appreciate any help.

it's been a while so bare with me. disconnect battery and lay a soft towel on your tank. on the gen1 you have to remove the plastic trim on both sides. remove 1 allen bolt in the center below your gauges that holds the left piece of trim. the cluster is completely exposed and there is a 10mm bolt on each side holding the gauge cluster that you need to remove. gently pull the cluster which is held in place by 2 fixed plastic posts that push into rubber grommets. one on each side and lay the cluster on the towel. unplug the 2 connectors on the back of the cluster and remove it completely. it's tight if you have big hands ,but i can get in there and pull the bulb which is held by a retainer spring. good luck!

Piece of cake bro. 30 min job. But u can do it from the bottom too, just remove the panel under the headlight an feel your way around, done it many times.

Keep in mind you can take the nose off the gen-I in a matter of minutes too.

it's been a while so bare with me. disconnect battery and lay a soft towel on your tank. on the gen1 you have to remove the plastic trim on both sides. remove 1 allen bolt in the center below your gauges that holds the left piece of trim. the cluster is completely exposed and there is a 10mm bolt on each side holding the gauge cluster that you need to remove. gently pull the cluster which is held in place by 2 fixed plastic posts that push into rubber grommets. one on each side and lay the cluster on the towel. unplug the 2 connectors on the back of the cluster and remove it completely. it's tight if you have big hands ,but i can get in there and pull the bulb which is held by a retainer spring. good luck!

Thanks for the help!

Piece of cake bro. 30 min job. But u can do it from the bottom too, just remove the panel under the headlight an feel your way around, done it many times.

This seems the easiest route for me. Now I have to go find the panel under the headlight. There are two bulbs, correct? What is the number for the silver star bulbs? I can search it if you don't know.

Back