What are you stuffing your Turkey with?

I dont stuff my bird, I dont like mushy stuffing. Here is what I do.

2 boxes of Stove Top Turkey Stuffing
Chicken broth
Stick butter
sliced almonds
white onion
chopped celery

Fix Stove Top according to directions on box. Substitute chicked broth for water. Mix stuffing with your preference for amounts of almonds, celery, and onion. Transfer to baking dish. Cut stick butter into patties and cover top of stuffing in baking dish leaving about an inch between butter paties. Bake at 350 until golden brown or stuffing is crusty.

I also cook my turkey in a roaster oven, usually have a ham in the slow cooker. That leaves my oven open for fixing bacon wrapped green beans, cookies, stuffing, rolls, etc.

For green beans, I take uncooked bacon and regular cut green beans. Bundle about 6 green beens together and wrap with half a piece of bacon. Just take the package and cut in half. I mix brown sugar with melted butter and drizzle the wrapped green beans with the brown sugar. Bake at 350 until bacon looks to be done and crispy, but dont over cook. Very good stuff!

I'm cooking the bird on the smoker this year so no stuffing in the bird. Diana is going to make cornbread stuffing for me and bread stuffing for her.

Well y'all are no help! :poke:

I usually cook it in a turkey bag and put an apple in there for a bit of flavor and moisture.

Ok, I've been giving this some serious thought then it HIT me.......you can stuff it with some Jive!:thumbsup:

I dont stuff my bird, I dont like mushy stuffing. Here is what I do.

2 boxes of Stove Top Turkey Stuffing
Chicken broth
Stick butter
sliced almonds
white onion
chopped celery

Fix Stove Top according to directions on box. Substitute chicked broth for water. Mix stuffing with your preference for amounts of almonds, celery, and onion. Transfer to baking dish. Cut stick butter into patties and cover top of stuffing in baking dish leaving about an inch between butter paties. Bake at 350 until golden brown or stuffing is crusty.

I also cook my turkey in a roaster oven, usually have a ham in the slow cooker. That leaves my oven open for fixing bacon wrapped green beans, cookies, stuffing, rolls, etc.

For green beans, I take uncooked bacon and regular cut green beans. Bundle about 6 green beens together and wrap with half a piece of bacon. Just take the package and cut in half. I mix brown sugar with melted butter and drizzle the wrapped green beans with the brown sugar. Bake at 350 until bacon looks to be done and crispy, but dont over cook. Very good stuff!

I'm gonna need an address and a time. :please:

I have always done a traditional stuffing recipe. One loaf of white bread moistened with chicken stock, celery, onions, chopped up apple, salt, pepper, sage, 2 raw eggs and a one pound tube of breakfast sausage all mixed together.....stuffed in the turkey and then baked.

This year will be revolutionary for my family.... I will be stuffing the turkey with WHITE CASTLE hamburgers !!!! (no pickles but extra onions) The recipe is available on their website.

crushed saltines, mushrooms, chicken stock, onions, salt, pepper, celery, apples, raisins, cranberries, a little sage, thyme and stuff away :)

alternatively you can stuff some hot peppers in there if you want the heat :thumbsup:

I have always done a traditional stuffing recipe. One loaf of white bread moistened with chicken stock, celery, onions, chopped up apple, salt, pepper, sage, 2 raw eggs and a one pound tube of breakfast sausage all mixed together.....stuffed in the turkey and then baked.

This year will be revolutionary for my family.... I will be stuffing the turkey with WHITE CASTLE hamburgers !!!! (no pickles but extra onions) The recipe is available on their website.

I saw that and was wondering how it would taste....please let us, Me know how it ends up.

That's kinda how I do my dressing except I don't add apple or sausage and I do half bread, half cornbread and I don't stuff the turkey with it....... that crevice freaks me out and I don't like sticking my hand in there!

As per a previous post, I just put a full apple in mine, it kinda sweetens the gravy you make and helps keep the breast moist.

However, I'm no expert, but it did taste good last year, best regards Stretch :bigsmile:

Back