What Are They Thinking???

HoboJoe

Registered
Cowboys. Just a quick commentary. After smoking half of Panama and snorting half of Peru I thought I had found all the best S**T from back in the day. Apparently there is something new and better. And whomever is peddling it has found nearly every person that has a Busa for sale. They all seem to think they have a one in a million when in fact they have one of a million. One guy even tried to squeeze me for an extra $150.00 for the cowl. Which we all know comes as standard equipment. Apparently they learned nothing from seeing these others list for weeks and months at a time. Hard learners. Have learned a lot from this board recently and have used that information in setting a price point. However, it might just wind up a cold day in Hell before I'm actually able to acquire one from somebody that knows which way is up. Thanks for letting me vent. All the best.

My kids will probably inherit my bikes but I almost wish the Busa was for sale for someone like you that's looking. I might ask a premium price due to my maintenance history (Amsoil since new for example) but the buyer would get just what they want, an unmolested Hayabusa. I'd bet that's a fairly rare example of a Gen I Busa these days.

Have you checked our classifieds? Our members have some very nice bikes for sale at fair prices.

Just like you fellas, always on the case. Thanks: and yes I have kept and I on your classifieds. However, since this is a completely discretionary purchase for me It is a want rather than a need. As such I have set my self a dollar limit. Price aside, it's just the conduct and attitude of so many people that disturbs me. Believe me, I make very fair offers but they seem to think they should win out in a big way. They are welcome to push it back into the garage. Tomorrow is another day. Thanks

Joe,

Reach out to TallTom. He has an unmolested beautiful gen 1 busa. See if it might not be right up your ally. Super nice stock and if i had the money right now i would own it.

Well you have to assume that Book Values are established by some accepted formula as banks and the like use them for valuation. I don't know what Jo is looking to spend and I don't know what he is looking at for sellers prices. I do see some crazy stupid high prices that people ask.

But I also get these dipsticks asking me if I'd take some stupid low money on a bike that is an excellent example of what is represented by a book valuation. And so it goes......you have bottom feeders looking for a steal on a gem of a bike and you have the owners that want to think there's is somehow special compared to all the other bikes.

Mr. Tall. You put it succinctly . Bottom Feeders, Low Ball, all the rest. Enough to make your Hair hurt. Since this is as I mentioned a discretionary purchase for me I have pre-set myself a dollar figure of $4000.00. Not fooling myself into thinking that will get me a pristine Gen2 but that's OK. Not here for a long time, just here for a good time. I'm being realistic. Not Pie in The Sky. Don't know if this falls where you need it to be but I'm always open to plan B. Either way I appreciate your input. PS Thanks to Mr. Viper as well.

I think I figured out your problem..."As such I have set my self a dollar limit." I don't think anyone is going to sell for a dollar! Haha what can I tell you? It's late ;<)

4000 can get you a bike. But it won't be a top notch bike. I doubt you'll get a Gen II at that, but you could find a Gen 1 that will be rideable at that price.

Hey Bailey, That's F-in Funny Bud.....and Tall, that's precisely my point. The number is irrelevant. Paid that top dollar thing for my GoldWing, but it was immaculate. Not a problem. I'm talkin bout the Jackass that's thinks his 15yr old MC is worth 5k simply because he thinks it is, with no real evidence to back it up. He says its so, so it must be true. We are becoming Stupider and Stupiderer!

Ya Joe, i hate to say it but unless its fooked up you will not get a gen2 for that price yet. Be at least another 3 years.

Of course not Viper. I know that. I was just being sarcastic. My point was that your MC, depending on its year, condition, mileage, Etc, is worth X. Not what you think it should be, because you say so. That's why they sit for weeks and months. Because the seller is to Pig Headed to see what's going on. I make a fair offer based on those items regardless of any limit I have set for myself. It's not my fault that your Bike is not worth what you think it is. Got a date with a guy on Sunday. He priced it exactly for what it's worth because he doesn't have his head up his Ass. Wish me good fortune......please. Thanks

Well I have mine at about 300 below book. Have new sprockets, chain, tires and a few things like a Muzzy fan etc.

Been for sale awhile now. I get offers of 2K below market.

Back