What are the changes from 2002 to 2003 busa??

Outerlimits

Registered
I am a week away from buying my busa. I love the 2002 Blue/Black busa, which my local dealer has, but what are the differences between the 2002 and the 2003?? Would it even be worth getting the 2002?

I am a week away from buying my busa.  I love the 2002 Blue/Black busa, which my local dealer has, but what are the differences between the 2002 and the 2003??  Would it even be worth getting the 2002?
The differences are as follows, TiNitrated Forks, Gold colored forks and Brake calipers, and a different (new) 32 bit ECU. I do not think there is anything else...I might be missing something though...

Significant changes? I don't think so, nothing to really improve performance significantly anyway.  I have an 02' SE and I love it.  The Black and Blue 02 was my second choice, it has to be the next best looking Busa out there.  
laugh.gif
 IMNSHO!

I would shoot for the 2002 Black and Blue out the door Tags tax, title, for no more than $10.2K It's a leftover and the dealer is going to be getting real itchy.  Work in some new gear and an extended warranty.  

Just my .02 But I dig the Black and Blue...

WRONG!

There are some crucial differences!!!
1. Starter Upgrade- Much Stronger wont grenade & crack the case!
2. New 32 Bit Computer.
3. Titanium Nitride Coated Forks.
4. More Acurate Speedo
5. Beafier Clutch
6. Gold Color Calipers.

G..silver,
You are right on about the posotive changes to the '03.  One thing that could be considered a negative is the upgraded Timing Retarder in the '03.  I don't know anything about it other than what I've read in others posts on this board, but I haven't heard of anyone sucessfuly building and/or installing a TRE for an '03.  Not that big a deal for me but worth mentioning. Also, do you know if the Power commanders work on the '03?

Whoa, Slow down there killer...There was no recall on the starters.  There was a service advisory.  The problems with the starter while serious (REAL SERIOUS) have also been attributed largely to bikes with higher compression pistons and or stroker kits.  I am not saying the problem doesn't exist, I am saying that if your that worried about it buy the extended warranty and don't sweat it.

As for "New Features?"  Don't fool yourself or let the dealer snow you....

2003 Upgrades...per Suzuki...
New Features:
[*]Titanium-nitride-coated inner fork tubes for reduced friction and improved appearance.
[*]Gold-colored brake calipers for improved appearance.

Now I know that they did upgrade the Starter gear, but of course there is no mention of it from Suzuki.

As for the other upgrades mentioned...Uh No, don't think I have heard anything about those...Where exactly are you getting your information from?  So Take your "WRONG" and keep it in your pocket until you can verify.  Clutch?
rock.gif
 Speedo?
rock.gif
Uh like I said where are you coming up with this?

rock.gif

Insider Info From My Brother.
There is more info on the future Busa that I could sell for big $$$$ but he would get fired.
Ahh, The "TOP SECRET" Insider Iggy Huh?
rock.gif
suspect.gif

My advice Outer, Get a good deal on the '02, that way if the "TOP SECRET" insider information results in a whoop assed '04 you'll have some extra scratch laying around when you trade in and upgrade.

The 32-bit ECU was introduced with the 2002 model year, BTW. They only lowered the top-end limit this year.

I'm still scratching my head, but i think i am now seriously leaning on the 2002 Busa in the color i want. The color is pretty much the deciding factor for me.

I'm still scratching my head, but i think i am now seriously leaning on the 2002 Busa in the color i want.  The color is pretty much the deciding factor for me.
I agree, I prolly paid about $800 more than I should have just to have a Black one...I figured it would save me from having to try and match up gear and accessories...But I just really dig black bikes...

There is more info on the future Busa that I could sell for big $$$$ but he would get fired.
Fine, don't name sensitive data, but back your "unproveable" statement by explaining:

1. Your brother's employment location
2. General department
3. Name of an unassociated co-worker in the same building for corroboration that this area/department exists.

There is no "Area 51" for Suzuki. Sure, future design changes are kept under raps, but by the same logic, I could claim to have designed the latest anti-gravitational propulsion units that the secret Air Force Aurora fighter-bomber uses too, and how could you disprove me either?

If you can't back it, don't claim it as a "proof" or justification. Unless you're working for the Bush adminisitration and trying to drum up a case for war...

this guy gsx1300rsilver.....he's a real bizare fug.....

pay him no mind rev...some religious,weirdo freak...
Yeah you and Four Lil freaks in the Bag, are on the same track here. I was trying to be polite but I do get a little torqued when folks come up with this weird stuff from "Secret" sources....

Making statements as if they are fact. Where's Howlin, Johny C, or Kerberos when you need them, folks that have more than a couple years on a Busa...or that work in the industry...

Ah well, I got a chuckle out of it....

Back