What are the best racing bolt ons someone could have?

Do a search a member recently did a three issue mag write up. Search is your friend.

Turbo :laugh:

what type of clutch,mods,exhuasts etc..

oem clutch with mps clutch mod(comes with heavy springs). get the slave cylinder support(cheap insurance).

you choice of 4into1 exhaust. they are all good and everybody will tell you the one they have is the best.

air box mod with short velocity stacks

16 tooth front sprocket

air filter

pcV with dyno tune

air shifter

and on and on and on....

what type of clutch,mods,exhuasts etc..

I would say that depends on what kind of racing you are doing. If it is drag racing extend the swingarm to help hold the nose down and learn how it feels and bolt on some of the previously mentioned mods.

If you plan on doing track days you really don't need any mods. I don't know about your experience, but I'll assume since you are asking about track mods you would be new to the track game. If that is the case your best mod is common sense with a set of balls. This bike is faster than 95% of the people that own it. I've ran 2 track days and all I have is an exhaust, a 190/55 tire to give a crown for the twisties, and a map. I went through the whole "what to mod" process and after I left I realized I needed little. Yesterday I got very quick/smooth and destroyed my front brake pads. I hit the kink at mid-ohio running 140mph and had to slow for a hard right. Mid day the lever kept falling and falling. I'm also 230lbs so that didn't help.

So in summation if you had to do something get brake lines, upgraded pads, and drop some racing DOT 4 in the master cylinder resivoirs. All of those are sitting in my garage now awaiting install for the next track day. Luckily the Busa has all the ponies you need right out of the box so don't sweat it. After you get better and faster you'll probably look at suspension since that is a weak spot for this big beast, but again, no need to drop $600 on a rear shock if your not running the stocker to it's potential. Also look into the basic track mods like swapping out to a non glycol based coolant, safety wiring the drain plug, oil filter, filler plug, etc.

As time progresses experience will tell you what to need. Above all be safe and have fun

BTW Pashnit has a heck of a deal on Galfer Brake Lines right now so get in while you can.

https://www.hayabusa.org/forum/pash...us-galfer-stainless-hayabusa-brake-lines.html

I would suggest sprockets as the first money spent. If your heavy like over 230lbs, I would run a16/43 or just a 46 in the rear. Great gearing for both street, drags and road course(could vary for some track configs).

Do the free mods as well. Weight removal, airbox mod. If you think you need to do a tuneup on the bike just for your sake of knowing what maintenance has been done, change to Full Synthetic oil such as Amsoil or less expensive Rotella, change to Iridium plugs gapped a little more than stock and keep the chain well lubed. Don't bother with all short stacks in the airbox unless you are doing engine work. I as well as 100s of Busa owners have proven that the stock config will yield best results on a stock setup.

Once you have mastered what you have done as suggested, then you can start going forward in spending every dime you make on things such as exhaust, BMC Race filter, ECU editor flash module, dyno tune and anything else you can throw at it.

Hint: The stock clutch torque limiter is hard to modulate for drag racing but works really good for road racing when you downshift at ridiculous speeds and rpms....almost works like a slipper clutch and when blipping the throttle with it works great. Otherwise for dragging get the clutch mod.

I've tried and tested/dyno'd almost every exhaust on the market and I found that the Orient Express Sumo exhaust worked best for my gen 1 1397. I gained 11 HP over my Yoshi TRS pipe, not over stock. They make other exhausts for the Busa that are not Sumo so make sure it says SUMO BIG PIPE.

Ill second what was been said!

FIRST AND FOREMOST!
**********a complete lookover, Tuneup, and Replace all needed Consumable Items!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!*****************

Racetech front springs and 15wt Oil (depending on weight)
Gen 2 rear shock
+1 dog bones
180/55 or 190/55 series tire
Full Exhaust system (weight savings and power)
ECU Tune or PC5/tune
Frame Sliders Or 905 race armor
-1 front tooth sprocket (will fit on stock chain) as will +2/3 rear
air box mod (free)
BMC race Filter (OEM is fine i just prefer reusable)
SS brake LInes (HUGE Difference is feel)
EBC HH or Extreme Pro Pads (FRont only, Amazing braking performance)
Remove PAIR system
Buell Pegs

Those are the simple beginner things to make the motorcycle radically different! these mods combined make the bike FAR superior to stock! is power, handling, braking, and overall comfortablity

The really big question is: How much money you got/want to spend?

You can put thousands in a heartbeat if you want to bad enough. Some full exhausts upwards of $3K but not worth it.

just starting out you can weld the inner clutch hub get a brocks clutch cushion kit....lower the ass end front with a lowering strap....gear it up...do the pair delete air box mod of course a power commander and exhaust this would be a good starting point for a street/drag setup

Back