What are my options for exhausts?

umairhashmi

Registered
I have a 2006 hayabusa and i wanted to know what my options are for a nice,loud full exhaust system.I have seen some loud yoshimura pipes but i have also heard that with a busa you need the full system or its better to stick with the stock cans.What should i be looking for if i want a loud system with maybe even a bit of horsepower increase? How much would it cost??? Thanks

oh, oh...
wow.gif

I think this has been asked quite abit. You should be able to use the search function to locate the information.

If you want just a loud pipe, the most cost effective would be slip-ons...or bolt-ons in the case of the busa. Most bolt-on sets will run you $400-$500 and you will not need a power commander.

Full sytem will cost you $800-$1100 and you will need to spend another $300 on a power commander, then another $200-$300 if you decide to go with a custom tune.

But first you have to decide if you want to keep the dual can look or go to a single.

BTW...the search button works wonders when you have questions like this.
wink.gif

I'm running the D&D cans in the jet black. I met Regular Joe this weekend and he has a 2006 with the carbon Microns'... Mine were signifcantly loudy according to him and RaiderDj who was also riding. I've never heard my own cans from behind but both these guys said they were loud when behind me. I thought mine were middle of the road but apparently not.

So how much am i looking at if i went with the r22 full system with the installation? I mean in general how much should i expect to pay? Also would it cause a significant horsepower/performance increase?

I have a 2006 hayabusa and i wanted to know what my options are for a nice,loud full exhaust system.I have seen some loud yoshimura pipes but i have also heard that with a busa you need the full system or its better to stick with the stock cans.What should i be looking for if i want a loud system with maybe even a bit of horsepower increase? How much would it cost??? Thanks
you only get to spend the money once...and nothing sux worse than spending good money after bad....do it up right the first time and go full system.

Akro, Yosh and Muzzy all offer up reasonably priced full systems in the $600-$900 range...and any of'em will knock about 30lbs off your busa's weighty stock exhaust.

"Dual Can Bolt-ons" won't give you the weight savings or performance potential of a full system and because you hafta buy'em in "Twin Packs"?...they ain't all that damn cheap either...many rivaling the cost of an inexpensive full exhaust system.

JMHO and good luck whatever you decide.

L8R, Bill.
cool.gif

So how much am i looking at if i went with the r22 full system with the installation? I mean in general how much should i expect to pay? Also would it cause a significant horsepower/performance increase?
This will not be the cheapest system you can buy I promise you.  

Type Yoshimura r22 in your search eng. and see what kind of prices you find.  Come on you purchased a busa, don't get cheap now my friend!!!

Plus your bike looks cool from both sides!!!!! BTW if not into dragging just how much power do you need? Busa is plenty fast just out of the box. If you like the look of duals keep um.

<!--EDIT|John 16:10
Reason for Edit: None given...|1141017745 -->

Dude I used to feel the same way. I bought a set of Yosh Bolt ons when I got my bike and LOVED the look and sounds. I began to lust for more power though and decided to go with a full system. Now that its on and I look at the single exhaust look more I have really grown to like it. Don't knock it until you try it.

I just recently bought my 06 busa and i had them put the yoshi RS3's on it and i really love the sound.I also had them put on a Power Commander and the throttle response is amazing.
I cant hardly wait for some warmer weather,i've only got 40 km's on her cause of the dam snow up here in the great white north(Canada)!

This might be a wee bit off topic but lets say i go for the full yoshi R22 system then where does the powercommander usb come in? i mean what does it do?

my dealer said arond 1000/1200 dollers i believe. unless you just have to have a little more push i would just do the cans. its nice to say check this out but i dont feel most people are going to take advantage of a stock busas power , unless your going to drag race it to me the cans are the most logical choice, imo
smile.gif

my dealer said arond 1000/1200 dollers i believe. unless you just have to have a little more push i would just do the cans. its nice to say check this out but i dont feel most people are going to take advantage of a stock busas power , unless your going to drag race it to me the cans are the most logical choice, imo  
smile.gif
So what kind of a horsepower increase do you get with the yoshi R22 full system?

There is no R22 Yoshimura dual muffler full system, only bolt-on mufflers. There is no Yoshimura dual full system...either here, or in Japan. They are all 4-2-1 or 4-1. The only manufacturers making dual muffler full systems are HMF, D&D, and Two Brothers in the United States...Renegade in the UK...LPA in Greece...and BEET, R's Gear, Yamamoto Racing, SP Tadao, and K-Factory in Japan.

Back