What are minimum dimensions for an enclosed hauler for 2 busas'

Munchie

Registered
I went through searching the threads but do not see specific references to required dimensions to haul 2 bikes. Example: would a 6 x 10 haul 2? Would I have to stagger them?

6' feet inside dimension you would be fine...5' and you would need to stagger them :beerchug:

If you go that route make sure you look at the front and rear wheel chocks out there. :thumbsup:

If you go that route make sure you look at the front and rear wheel chocks out there. :thumbsup:

Man! Thanks BA and Do3...I knew there was a reason I liked you guys! Sorry so slack on getting back!
Checking into Craigslist rat meow! :)
Posted via Mobile Device

As said before...6 feet is plenty wide BUT you'll find that a 7 foot wide trailer makes life so much easier~!~

Depending on how you strap it down, you'll notice you have more leverage to hold it safer and also less stress on your plastics (if you go across the plastics like some do).

Mine is 8 foot wide inside, and I use canyon dancers, then go across the plastics as a back up and use seatbelt cushions from Walmart over the straps to help protect the plastics.

No matter how you strap it in, if you get a good sturdy wheel chock it makes all the difference in the world~!~

Anyway, 6 ft is fine but 7 ft is much better...plus leaves you a little breathing room.

My last trailer (sold it) was an enclosed 7x10 and worked out wonderful~!~

Last edited:
Do like i did. 7X14 vnose wich makes it really 7x16.5 and plenty of room for 3 busas and lots of gear...:)

If you run strapless stands it makes much more room inside. You wont have a bunch of straps/trip wires running allover the place.

Last edited:
I have a 6' x 12' v nose (6' x 14' with the vee). I can haul 3 Busas and gear... I'm using Baxley Sport Chocks....

6' is best. You can do it w/ 5', but I would put them facing different ways. I have a 6X12 & have about 5" from each handle bar & the wall. There is about 8" between the bikes & I have one chock staggered back about 1'.

Super sweet! Man I REALLY appreciate you guys all chiming in! I knew a little difference in size could potentially make a big difference in ability/aggravation...

Thank you so much for your input. :bowdown:

Now...time to see what the wallet will allow:laugh:

Do like i did. 7X14 vnose wich makes it really 7x16.5 and plenty of room for 3 busas and lots of gear...:)

If you run strapless stands it makes much more room inside. You wont have a bunch of straps/trip wires running allover the place.

I have a 6' x 12' v nose (6' x 14' with the vee). I can haul 3 Busas and gear... I'm using Baxley Sport Chocks....

Are the Baxley's strapless? Or...in general, are wheel chocks by nature considered to be strapless? From what I've gathered in previous post navigation, are straps still preferred for added security even with "strapless" chocks?

If you get the front and rear wheel chocks you shouldn't need to strap it, but added security never hurt anyone. By the way; I bought the canyon dancer for the bars and then bumped into a few friends that told me it was better to just go between the front fender and nose cowl and strap to the lower fork clamp. So you have many choices.

If you go with the front and rear chocks, I would just do a check and make a determination then.

Are the Baxley's strapless? Or...in general, are wheel chocks by nature considered to be strapless? From what I've gathered in previous post navigation, are straps still preferred for added security even with "strapless" chocks?

They can be strapless, however, two straps from the passenger pegs pulling forward will make the bike very stable.

HalHaulerBaxley.jpg

HalHaulerBaxley.jpg

If you get the front and rear wheel chocks you shouldn't need to strap it, but added security never hurt anyone. By the way; I bought the canyon dancer for the bars and then bumped into a few friends that told me it was better to just go between the front fender and nose cowl and strap to the lower fork clamp. So you have many choices.

If you go with the front and rear chocks, I would just do a check and make a determination then.

They can be strapless, however, two straps from the passenger pegs pulling forward will make the bike very stable.

View attachment 160635

Sweet! Thanks a ton guys...and I appreciate the pic. That does look like a pretty stable mount.
I have the 1" spacers under the tripletree top plate so I have been a little apprehensive about strapping to the bars. The rear pegs and lower fork clamp would be perfect alternatives.

Again...many thanks for your suggestions:beerchug:

Sweet! Thanks a ton guys...and I appreciate the pic. That does look like a pretty stable mount.
I have the 1" spacers under the tripletree top plate so I have been a little apprehensive about strapping to the bars. The rear pegs and lower fork clamp would be perfect alternatives.

Again...many thanks for your suggestions:beerchug:

That's the Baxley Sport Chock...

Gallery%20Sport%20Chock%20busa.jpg

That's the Baxley Sport Chock...

Man...that does look good too. :thumbsup: Definitely looking into those once I get set in on a trailer...

I'm gonna go broke before winter! Just bought a set of gold factory wheels off Takeuon's K8 blue and a Yoshi R-77 full from Greg/Terra at HPC...knew that Fall Busa Bash was gonna be trouble!:laugh:

Man...that does look good too. :thumbsup: Definitely looking into those once I get set in on a trailer...

I'm gonna go broke before winter! Just bought a set of gold factory wheels off Takeuon's K8 blue and a Yoshi R-77 full from Greg/Terra at HPC...knew that Fall Busa Bash was gonna be trouble!:laugh:

Dont forget the baxley comes in different colors :whistle:

I always kinda said, eh who needs it, the kick stand works... but now that I have one, I'm like why didnt I buy one sooner :laugh:

5x8 definitely is NOT enough.....there is NO breathing room in there and the bikes would for sure bounce off one another at some point.

omslaw.. i want your trailer... !! very nice!

The one in his pic is actually Hal's "Busa Hospital". And yes many folks here are envious of it :bowdown: You should see the rest of that thing, Hal has one helllova setup in there :thumbsup:

Back