What am I missing to secure the end of the dash?

Kevin Jones

Registered
There doesnt seem to be anywhere to screw down the top outer corner of the dash. The windscreen screw doesnt line up. It is almost as if I am missing something. Sure gets loose and flaps a bit at high speeds. EDIT: It isnt the dash but the dash fairing.

DASH.jpg

I could put a pushpin through, but there wouldnt appear to be anywhere to connect that piece to anywhere else. There is nothing with a hole anywhere near there. The hole in that fairing doesnt line up to anything.

It looks like you might be missing the piece right below the first hole. I think that's where the pushpin secures to.

D4B473B8-DD22-43BA-8489-A1198518026F_zps87qy9nyp.jpg

That has to be it. I have never seen that piece before. The other two holes on that same bracket are for the mirror?

Best bet is to find a damaged nose fairing and take them off... if you can find one where they aren't already broken off... they are just plastic tacked on and come off very easily!

I found one that wasnt damaged, decided to go with painting it. I am ready to base coat my gas tank or I would have gone the way you said. I still want to go the way you said but that is an aftermarket nose on that bike and I see lots of differences already between the two. Lots more stability built into the factory. One thing that kinda sucks is its a two tone which I have to sand/prime, rinse, repeat.

fair1.jpg

fair2.jpg

Back