what all parts are made of aluminum

card16969

Registered
So today i found out from my father that one of his long time friends does anodizing i guess hes been doing it since i was a kid but i guess i just never put 2 n 2 together to me it equaled 11 or something lol. But im wondering what all parts on our gen 1's are made out of aluminum that i can send to him i mean obviously frame and swingarm and fairing allens but what else?

There are lots of aluminum pieces on your bike. Just run a magnet around and see where it doesn't stick. The case, block, and head are all aluminum. :thumbsup:

There are lots of aluminum pieces on your bike. Just run a magnet around and see where it doesn't stick. The case, block, and head are all aluminum. :thumbsup:

ok i guess better way of asking what visible pieces are aluminum lol in my opinion those pieces arent worth annodizing..... stator cover etc aluminum?

Almost everything you see is aluminum or plastic. Levers/pegs/brackets/handlebar tubes/rims/swingarm, heck darn near everything...

I think the stator cover is magnesium. I know for sure the valve cover is.

dadofthree yea, titanium valves on the Gen2. :laugh:

Anodizing cast does not turn out well
They get a bad color to them
And the stator cover is aluminum

Anodizing cast does not turn out well
They get a bad color to them
And the stator cover is aluminum

See this is why im asking, i know cast turns out horrible and i know some things on here arent aluminum so its easy to just ask what is lol. I havnt torn the bike apart other than plastics and exhaust tires etc and i know alot of you have had your bikes completely torn apart and know more than i do about our bikes. Better to ask and look like an idiot than to do something wrong and be an idiot.

The only problem is that 99.9 percent of the aluminum on the bike cast, not machined..

The only problem is that 99.9 percent of the aluminum on the bike cast, not machined..

see now theres a good point i hadnt thought of, so now the question is would the frame turn out good if you annodized it, if the rough texture would turn out good grounds mooth etc see now these are the things im looking for

Back