what aftermarket parts can i install...

scooterlord

Registered
so far, i have:

K&N air filter
Yoshimura RS-3 Slipons

..and want more power! I DON'T want to change my exhausts (cause i love 'em!), and am about to install a powercommander (for which i will need your help to map hehe:)

besides these, what more can i change that is relatively not too expensive and can give me power without destroying the motor? (aka turbo is NOT an option, since it destroys it AND is too expensive)

You can go one tooth down on your front sprocket for harder acceleration. You can add a TRE to give you no timing retard in your lower gears. You can do the small airbox mod which gives you more airflow, thus increased HP. Oh yeah and the least expensive trick of them all....... TWIST YO WRIST!!!!!!!
laugh.gif

tre, doesn't add hp, so i'll pass..

if i change front sprocket will it still be able to give me 300kph (talking gauge-300kph not real)?

and airbox mod? where can i get info on this one? does it give a lot of power?

Here's some info on the airbox mod: <a href="http://home.tiscali.nl/hayabusaclubholland/fsj/mod_airbox.html">Airbox Mod<a>. A NOS boost can always help things! Or a full exhaust vice the slip-ons which while expensive is not as expensive as turbo.

nos boost? doesn't this damage the motor?

..if not, i wonder who's gonna install it here for me.. :/

full exhaust is out of the question (cause i'll have to lose the duals) and yoshimura doesn't produce headers for dual slip-ons :/

hm, looks like i didn't know what tre is until i read something elsewhere. i always thought that just lets loose the 6th gear but seems like it affects lower gears as well. is the gain noticeable?

full exhaust is out of the question (cause i'll have to lose the duals) and yoshimura doesn't produce headers for dual slip-ons :/
Just to let you know there are a few companies that make dual full systems for the busa. D&D, HMF, and a few others.

100_0253.JPG

yeah man change out the whole system. Not only do u get more power but you lose weight which is just like adding power. In fact when i used to be into cars they said you should lose weith vs adding power cause you'll have to get equipment that can handle the power. On the airbox mod i heard u lose low end accels but gain on the top. Hey are those tre's they sell on ebay any good? If they are than you can get a tre of ebay for like 20 sumtin bucks

well, i know that you lose weight with full systems, and i knew that hfm produce dual high mounts from headers (damn i wanted to have those but too expensive), but i happen to like my yoshis a lot, i want them to be dual, and since hmf or other solutions are far to expensive i don't even consider it.

as for tre's, noone answered if the gain is noticeable, and yeap, i looked over at ebay, but none of those sends it outside us :/

If you do a search for TRE you will find plenty of info here on this site. We can sometimes give the direction, but topivs like these have nbeen discussed at length and no one likes to retype it all over again. just search in bike talk for TRE, airbox mod etc. You will find hours of reading.
cool.gif

Like the others said, you might want to look into the HMF. But if memory serves me correctly, Yoshimura makes a duplex system that has both exhaust cans. Depends on what kind of extra power you're looking for. This will dictate what you will need to do. Changing the front sprocket is a relatively inexpensive way to go. Airbox mod is OK, but nothing real significant. A lot of the things that will definitely help seems to be out of the question for you. Big bore, NOS, or turbo is out of the question for you. If you want at least some noticeable or significant gains in HP, you will have to do AT LEAST a full exhaust, PCIIIr, pair removal, and air box mod. Not much else if going to help with all the restrictions you have. Good luck!

Brian

Power commander properly tweaked will eliminate the 8* of timing retard in 1st 2nd and 3rd gear.Requires full exhaust and that eliminates pair valve as metioned above.

And to answer your question about NOS and turbo. If installed and tuned correctly, you won't have ANY problems. You're right though, it does cost mucho deniero (sp?)...

hm... concerning the powercommander, that interests me the most, should i pciii usb or pciiir? couldn't find the differences on their site, although someone here mentioned something about the r being able to change timings also - which i have no idea what it means. (someone PLEASE care to explain advantages, etc)

does this mean that if i go with the pciiir i won't have to get a tre? and one more time: does tre make any noticable difference?
smile.gif

as for the money, i am only 24 so, can't afford to spend the big bucks without being absolutely sure that i won't have any probs. and i think it's a waste of money to change a pair of aftermarket exhausts to get another one for 3-4hp more...

seems like there aren't many options you can do (ehm, when i my shoes). cause some are far too expensive and the... ehm.. 'cheap ones' aren't that many

Back