What a DUMBASS!!!

FL Knifemaker

Registered
4 quarts of oil ALL OVER the fuggin place!!

Last week I did my frame sliders, screens and while I had everything apart, did an oil change. Between my Akra exhaust and my fat mits, I can hardly get to the filter to tighten it up so asked my Son for help............Long story short, the seal from the old oil filter STUCK to the block. I never noticed it, neither did he........We put the new filter on right over the old seal. I told him to keep turning it until it got tight, he did!! I was busy farting around with the frame slider on the other side.

After I bolted everything back together, we stood back and admired our work.........Then I hit the starter button
sad.gif

Long story shorter.......WHAT A FUGGIN MESS!!! It took me about a half hour to figure out what happened and just about the entire next day to clean all the FUGGIN oil up and put everything back together again.

Go ahead and laugh, I laughing now!!!!!

Pics of all the latest mods soon. Thanks to Johnny Cheese for my PC!!

We are all entitled a few mistakes in life. Imagine doing that on a car and watching 5 quarts of oil go all over the driveway. Did the oil cleanup completely or did leave an oil stain?

We are all entitled a few mistakes in life.  Imagine doing that on a car and watching 5 quarts of oil go all over the driveway.  Did the oil cleanup completely or did leave an oil stain?
The worst part was the oil up inside the faring and all over the front of the motor. It also soaked the right side of the front wheel. Just imagine the oil spaying out all around the filter like a firehose, that's what it looked like!! I used that orange citrus cleaner and that worked pretty good. It just took FOREVER to get it all cleaned up. I think the bike is cleaner now than when it left the factory
smile.gif
The oil in the garage and down the driveway was no biggie, LOL!!!

It can make quite a mess! Glad you got it done though. Let's see those pics!

Can't think of a snappy oil mess joke to put here.
biggrin.gif

Oh well, maybe next time.

Ooh ohh, i have one. "Oils well that ends well"
laugh.gif

I know, that was bad. (Long day at work)

Ben there, done that. So i can sympathize.

did something similar with my truck...except I forgot to put the drain plug back on the oil pan.

5 quarts of oil...FRESH oil....right out the bottom. Damn....

Musta been an interesting spectacle, though. "Alright son, let's start 'er up!" *click* VROO---FFFSSHHHHH! "What the?!?!"

At least you didn't ride it down the street,,,, and find that oil on your back tire!!! That wuold have sucked!!!!
wow.gif
wow.gif

<!--EDIT|GIXERHP
Reason for Edit: None given...|1131494538 -->

wow.gif

I did that one on my first oil change. I saw the other gasket on there but thought it was metal and part of the block. I heard a noise as soon as the compresion built up and boom out came oil. Just not that much for me thank god.
B:p

laugh.gif
We've all done stupid stuff...we'll forgive ya
wink.gif

still laughing though
laugh.gif

laugh.gif

Been there done that.
blush.gif
It does make a mess. Now what really sucks is when you drive the car to the auto parts store to get the supplies and start doing the change as soon as you get home. The oil is nice and hot and as it burns the sh#$ out of your hands you realize that you never took the plug out of the oil catch pan. As the scalding hot oil over fills the lip on the pan, the drain plug is submerge and there isn't a thing you can do other then burn yourself even more to open the catch pan in order to make as less of a mess as possible. NOT THAT I HAVE EVER DONE THIS.
blush.gif

blush.gif

Been there....done that. Dont feel like the lone ranger!!
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

laugh.gif

OOOPS... That'll learn ya ....
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

We've all done stupid stuff....

biggrin.gif

I did my first oil change on the 05LE last week and I probably would have done the same thing if I hadn't read about someone else on the board doing the same thing a couple weeks ago. Thank God for Hayabusa.org
smile.gif

Back