What A Crazy Evening Last Night!

busa_boy_69

Registered
Okay this is a pretty eventfull evening Im about to tell you about. But before I do let me share WHY Im telling this story. First of all I always say I think god has a reason for everything. Secondly and this is not aimed at all cruiser style bike riders. I have several friends that ride them but it can not be avoided to say that most of my experience with that type of rider is they are complete sugarbritches to me because I ride a "jap" bike or the better term "crotch rocket" when they want to belittle us. But heres what happened.

My wife and I were at the grocery store and as we were leaving we decided we didnt want to cook dinner lets go out. So we had a hard time choosing. We went from Taco Bell to Chipotle and finally agreed on Skyline. Well we went to the Middletown Skyline and it was closed. So next option was Monroe. On the way my wife suggests what about Richards? Which we never eat by the way. It sounded good so I said sure.....this ties in to the god placing people part.

So we get there and order our food. Guy says it'll take 20 minutes. So I suggest to her its nice lets sit outside. Which I never do. Lol. As we are sitting there I hear a bike pulling into Froggy Blues. I watch as he turns the corner and its a Chopper but its smoking really bad and the guy doesnt seem to notice. This ties into the Jap vs cruiser part.

So I debate whether to go tell him or not. Now normally I would say f that. He wouldnt stop to help me because I ride a sportbike. But I thought about it like what the hell. So I get up and walk down the parking lot tell him. As I clear the SUV hes parked beside smoke is just rolling off of his bike. Before I can say anything it literally goes poof and the engine catches on fire. He freaks out and looks at me panicking and yells water! I dont even ask. I run into Richards and just yell fire! I need water. The employee gives me cups and my wife fills them as I run out with em. She brings more behind me. I dump it on his motor and it almost goes out but it was an oil line fire and relights. I keep em coming with my wifes help and it just slows it. Finally a Froggy Blues employee sees whats going on and brings a beer bucket out full of water. I dumped that on there and it goes out. We sat there looking at the bike and trying to figure out what caused it for like 5 minutes. We figured it was over. Wrong!

While im talking to the guy I see sparks and it reignites. I was like thats it Ive had it. I ran in Froggy Blues and got an extinguisher. I go out and said man I hate to do this to your bike but I have to. So I sprayed the hell out of it. Finally it goes out. He shook my hand and thanked me of course and when all was done I went back to get our food. As i was leaving my wife said maybe you should see if he needs a ride? I said I think I have done enough. But again I put myself in his shoes and thought to myself poop! So I walked over and said "Hey bud you need a ride? I dont wanna leave you like this." He looked up and said "No thank you. I seriously live just around the corner. I could walk home if I had to. Besides you have done enough. This bike most likely wouldnt even be here if you hadnt helped me." He also shook my hand again.

You can see the extinguisher dust on the ground and fire damage to his engine in the picture.

The moral to me sharing this is we shouldnt have even been there and I most likely wouldnt have helped but I decided to practice what I preach sometimes. Jesus said to love one another. So I put differences aside and helped a fellow biker. So to all my friends that ride remember this story. We all ride and regaurdless of our choice of motorcycles remember we are all part of the biker "brotherhood". Also the guys that ride cruisers that seem to hate us sportbikers remember this as well. It may be one of us crotch rocket riding dumb asses that saves your motorcycle one day. And my fellow sportbike riders let my story provide an example to you as well. Treat people like you would want to be treated.

20170430_213232.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Way to go BB69. You saved all the wildlife there from an ecological disaster. you have a good heart.

Thank you for sharing, had to remove the F bomb- please watch the language.

Back