What’s Your Job?

I’m jealous hearing about people retiring. :laugh: I spent 8hrs today helping my aunt fix up her retirement house, a mobile home that she found for $40k (including the land). She just retired last month and is enjoying her grandchildren and time off. As 33 year old “young grasshopper”, it was interesting driving into this 55 and up community and seeing these people just walking their dogs and detailing their Harley’s in the driveway. All joking aside, hope you get to enjoy many more years of a well earned retirement. I Hope to be alive long enough to make it to retirement, as well.

It is good but all joking aside, you have to prepare for retirement or it will be short-lived. I'm pretty busy actually. After 32 yrs of serving in the military with deploying all the time as well as living in one place and my family in another, it sure was nice to retire and put down some roots. When I was a young "grasshopper" retirement seemed like it was a long way off, that time sure went fast.

I look after a couple seniors in my neighbourhood (cutting grass, odd jobs, clearing snow, etc) and the hardest part of that is trying to not let them pay me...sometimes they will slip money into my truck without my knowledge and I use that money to pay for things around their house or even things like windshield wipers for their cars without them even knowing it.

It is good but all joking aside, you have to prepare for retirement or it will be short-lived. I'm pretty busy actually. After 32 yrs of serving in the military with deploying all the time as well as living in one place and my family in another, it sure was nice to retire and put down some roots. When I was a young "grasshopper" retirement seemed like it was a long way off, that time sure went fast.

I look after a couple seniors in my neighbourhood (cutting grass, odd jobs, clearing snow, etc) and the hardest part of that is trying to not let them pay me...sometimes they will slip money into my truck without my knowledge and I use that money to pay for things around their house or even things like windshield wipers for their cars without them even knowing it.
That’s what I’m working on. I sure don’t want to work pass 60 at the most, if I can help it. If I stay on track, I’ll be mortgage free in 8 years and hope to be able to continue taking steps towards calling it quits as early as possible.

I work at a private school Sept to June , but this summer I am making electricity .

IMG_4614.JPG

I know what you mean. I Just retired at 62 and try to stay busy. I normally ride on good days. I have 2 dogs to take care of and a yard. I also exercise daily. I get up every day at 5:30 to get the wife out the door. She is almost 3 years younger and not retired yet.

There are some days when I get a little bored and eat too much. Especially if it is raining or in the winter. I am 6-1, 170 and would like to stay at that weight. I have heard that the average person only lives 5-7 years after retirement. I will try to exceed that...lol

Back