What´s up inside Suzuki JP 2012. Plans for busa.

Herpman

Registered
Random thoughts:

When the busa came it was a bomb. Suzuki made a new class called Hypersport. The bike with one mission. Fastest road bike ever.
Took until 2008 and the busa gen 2 came. Same bike with a little more of everything. In my opinion the update should have been greater.

Since then the germans found some other way to make ponies 2 years ago, coz the 1000rr whipped all the japanese litres butt. Almoast 20 bhp more than the blade, gixxer, r1 and zx10..... This year the kwackis came out with the new zx10 and my guess is that the others will have to drop some bombs this autumn.

Yeah, the busa has torque. But it also has mass. My guess is that the BMW and the zx10 gives you the same buttkicking rocketriding experience as the heavier 1300cc/1400cc gives you. Even the old k1300 from the germans is up ahead in some ways.

Love my busa. Great bike. Perfect combination of a sport and road bike. Supersmooth engine. Ok fuel consumption, good handling for a 220kg bike. You can ride it on track, you can take it for some high speed touring.

But...

I also like the fact that a non biker does know what a Hayabusa is. And it WAS the meanest focking thing you could ride when the last century ended. Not many bikes challenged it for maaany years. Kwackis tried and has a similar weapon out there. but not so many non bikers know about it...

So my guess is this for the future: Suzuki will drop a gixxer in 2012. All electric **** you could ever want on a track bike if your chasing Rossi. More than 200hp.

In 2013 we will see the next busa. (much earlier than I thought 2 years ago) But Suzuki can not wait because of one thing. HP sells!! Fastest sells!!
Back to where we were in 1998..... the reason why the busa is known outside the bikerworld. The reason why many of us bought this bike. Silly, but that is also a fact. And Suzuki knows it for sure. :please:

Personally I would also like to see a new B-King. That name will not pass on though...the concept bike will stay as it is. My guess is that Suzuki will make a new streetfighter like the new gsr 750. But double the engine size.... :bowdown:

Have a great riding season!! :thumbsup:

The Germans did make a nice bike with cool gizmo's and sweet power but I don't think it was the fastest thing out that year. Kawi's new liter bike looks real interesting but it will be neat to see if anybody actually wins on it this year.

In order for the busa to regain it's former glory it would have to drop about 50-100lbs and have a top speed of about 230mph. Probably not going to happen...

I really would like Suzuki to drop something totally amazing on us, on any platform, but I think they are happy where there at.

In order for the busa to regain it's former glory it would have to drop about 50-100lbs and have a top speed of about 230mph.

Wouldnt that be a dream!! I hope they do something soon but i would be kind of suprised considering how long the gen 2 took.

I love the Busa the most, but I also love the competition between companies because it keeps everyone awake and on their toes, doesn't let them get too stagnent being on top all the time.

Stop comparing HP and bike tests for all the top models. That's like putting a GT500 in the same catagory as a Bugatti Veyron. Both cars are great performers but are two different animals.

The Busa is a touring bike built for the open road. All those other toy bikes are built for lap times. Plus, I'm 6'4 and could care less what the fastest thing is at this moment. I like the Busa because it fits me and with the weight it has now, why? Because the bike is stable at speed. Want a Busa that's faster and weighs alot less? Buy a GSXR1K.

I want the Busa to get more features such as TCA, Better stock exhaust(Ti) and stuff like a multi-fuelmap hub. Heck, a better charging system with a 12v power outlet would be nice too.

I still don't see how suzuki classes a Hayabusa as a touring model. weird ( but helps with my insurance lol) i would love to see a GEN3 sometime soon. with all the bugs/defects worked out.

Back