we're ALMOST finished with the bags...

The bags turned out really nice. My problem is the pricing. I understand that they're probably great quality and may even last as long as the bike itself, but really? I know that they're designed specifically for the Gen II Hayabusa and all, but they're priced like a one-off custom job.

Anyway, I hope you guys sell a ton of them. Again, very nice product! :thumbsup:

Well said..
When the gen 1 bags came out they were 700 USD I believe, Now with no changes or upgrades there 1700 USD.. :dunno:
I will be buying a USED set for the Low Budget Busa someday when I get the funds rounded up.. :whistle:

Just a side note on Corbin and new products. I purchased their new convertable seat for my Harley and had to wait four months before it arrived. If anyone orders one of these I would negotiate a discount if they are not delivered in a timely manner. It is no fun paying for something and then waiting for what seems like eternity for it to be delivered. These look cool and they need a non-dual exhaust version with the bottoms extended. Price of fiberglass must have gone way up!

Well said..
When the gen 1 bags came out they were 700 USD I believe, Now with no changes or upgrades there 1700 USD.. :dunno:
I will be buying a USED set for the Low Budget Busa someday when I get the funds rounded up.. :whistle:

I don't think $700 is correct.

These bags are worth whatever someone will pay for them.

As for me, why ANYONE would buy a Busa then convert it to a Goldwing is beyond me.

Why not put a third wheel on it and maybe add a little trailer?

OMG, no wonder Corbin does not list the price till page 3.....haahah:poke:

At $1700, you would REALLY have to want the bags - no way for me!

Caugh. caugh, uuuuhhh ohhh boy, for that price I'll stay with the trusty soft bags and go on a few riding vacations.

Gorgeous!

But am I the only one to notice that the paint doesn't match?
The paint on the bags is less red than the bike.
Maybe it's the studio lighting. Maybe it matches in daylight. :dunno:
Nah, I saw the outside pic, I see the same difference in color.

Sheesh...what do you expect for only $1700? :whistle:

Gorgeous!

But am I the only one to notice that the paint doesn't match?
The paint on the bags is less red than the bike.
Maybe it's the studio lighting. Maybe it matches in daylight. :dunno:
Nah, I saw the outside pic, I see the same difference in color.

I noticed that too.
I don't paint, I'd like to, but I don't.. This is what I think has happened.
I think the stock paint isn't just 1 color, I think its layered.
Like there's coats of the orange metallic, then a thin red candy coat on top.
It is Candy Max Orange..
On my gas tank the outside is a different color orange than the underside.
Its regular orange metallic looking, but the side you see when the bike is together is red-er.

So I bet when PPG, or who ever actually mixes Corbin's paint, they match it with what it appears to be. I'd assume the computer would think it would be a mix some where between the base coat color, and the outside candy coated color. which would be why its lighter.

Either that or they're just matching the base color and not the candy.

Or maybe I took at a stab at this, and missed completely...

Just what I was thinking of when I noticed it originally, with my very limited knowledge of paint and color mixing.. stuff.. whatever

Paint Color Matching

You could always try to buy the bags from them unpainted, and take them to a Suzuki dealer to get them painted. If the dealers do that sort of thing for bikes, I know some car dealers do it.

Really cool bags, would love to get some...but deffinatly not for 1700 bucks. At that price I will also stick with my tank and soft bags.

These bags are worth whatever someone will pay for them.

As for me, why ANYONE would buy a Busa then convert it to a Goldwing is beyond me.

Why not put a third wheel on it and maybe add a little trailer?

Simple.

Because they are practical (and look stunning!) for those road trips and, once the trip is over you can covert it back to a Busa. Did I mention those bags look good? :whistle:

$1700 = A) Nice stylo Side box by Corbin and look great on my Busa.
B) A simple Bagster side pannier bag cost 100 buck with alot of spare cash for Beer and Great Meal......

I rather Choose B!!:moon:

Simple.

Because they are practical (and look stunning!) for those road trips and, once the trip is over you can covert it back to a Busa. Did I mention those bags look good? :whistle:

Doesn't look too easy to convert it back to me, but hey...it's your bike and your money mate!

Not everyone has to like them. So what? No need to bad mouth them just because you can't, or won't, buy a set. Stay with what ever works for you. I will stay with what I have on mine. Why? Because I'm the only one I need to please with my Busa, not anyone else.

Back