Went to the track today first time out.

jcook76

Registered
09 busa lowered, stretched, slip on yosi, shinko hookup rear tire, i way around 260 range best time was 6.66 with 1.69 60ft they wasnt giving mph so not sure on it thats 1/8th mile.we do not have any 1/4 strips around here what would be a good gear set up for 1/8th.i was planning on gear swap got a brc air cleaner and going with a pcIII controller.

9 inches over let me see if i can figure out how to upload some pics on here

jasonsbikes.jpg
jasonsbike.jpg

Last edited:
09 busa lowered, stretched, slip on yosi, shinko hookup rear tire, i way around 260 range best time was 6.66 with 1.69 60ft they wasnt giving mph so not sure on it thats 1/8th mile.we do not have any 1/4 strips around here what would be a good gear set up for 1/8th.i was planning on gear swap got a brc air cleaner and going with a pcIII controller.

The best gearing I have found for the 1/8 is to leave the stock gear on the back and drop one tooth (17) in the front. That puts me through the traps winding out 3rd gear.

260 265 I'm going to have to get new rear shock spring or new shock set up the rear tire is rubbing the under tail.

There are a couple of places you can send your shock off to and they will revalve and put on a new spring for you. If my memory serves me right one of the people that do it is Adam's performance. Runs around the $250-300 range. Another place that my friend had it done was in Georgia but I can't remember the name of the place.

do they make and aftermarket to take care of this or is it cheaper to have it sent off and done.

You can buy an aftermarket shock but you are looking in the $850 - $1000 range to buy a whole new drag shock. It's much cheaper to have yours re-worked.

The aftermarket shock is much better than a reworked stock unit. Hard to swallow the difference in price however. If I ever stretch one again, it will have an aftermarket shock or I won't do it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back