Went to the NY International Carshow, pics!

RYC1966

Donating Member
Registered
did you notice many cars being vinyl or other material wrap? It is cool to see those machines up close and talk to the owners.

Fastfrog007

Donating Member
Registered
did you notice many cars being vinyl or other material wrap? It is cool to see those machines up close and talk to the owners.
There was a good share that were wrapped, but even more notable was the number of OE cars being painted in matte finishes, Mercedes, Audi, Lexus and a BMW all had booth cars in matte. There were a few I had to ask if it was wrapped or not, even with the trunks open, it was hard to find where the vinyl ended.

frisbee

GODSPEED RACING
Donating Member
Registered
looking good !! Lov ethe Bugati . I know a guy here that does high end wraps and you can't tell at all even the door jams. I want him ti do my bike but gotta save some cash.

RYC1966

Donating Member
Registered
The wrap is great for a lease / saving oem paint...there are many choices for color / pattern...cf etc...the matte looks great also. The cost is still up there near paint but the stuff just peels off later for a color change / turn in date. It is amazing how much the material will pull and stretch...then you set the shape with a heat gun...and it looks very smooth.

semi

Whoooosh!
Donating Member
Registered
what did you buy me? :laugh: that red/black would look good parked next to Lucy (once i get her done) :beerchug:

Blanca BusaLess

Suffers from PBSD
Donating Member
Registered
No pics of cars I can afford like a Kia? :)

BMW charges a premium for their matte finish and you have to sign a waiver as it does not carry same warranty as regular painted ones. ???

GsxrBots

Motorboatin' Moonpies, Gangnam Style
Registered
You know what would have looked SWEET there?

A white STI pulling a dope trailer with a Busa on it..

:whistle:

Don't you have more important things to do than :drool: over cars?

:dunno:

:hide:

Fastfrog007

Donating Member
Registered
No pics of cars I can afford like a Kia? :)

BMW charges a premium for their matte finish and you have to sign a waiver as it does not carry same warranty as regular painted ones. ???
Wouldn't surprise me and made sure I only took pictures of dreams cars, I can see the rest back home :laugh:

Bots :moon: I'll be back in the shop tonight

That 911 looks like trouble!... I've been looking the DragTimes.Info channel on Youtube and man, that car is a beast in 1/4 mile. Not that great in the mile but it's a 9+ second car... Even the GT-R have some trouble reaching it in the 1/4 mile. Lambo. Not so fast. Ferrari neither... I love the look on the Lambo tough. Here. Look at it. Good channel.

DRAGTIMES - YouTube

zukracer

I'm somewhere but dont know where
Donating Member
Registered
Came all the way to NYC and didn't let folks know? Man coulda been a great chance to have folks meet the infamous frog

I still think the Buguti is so freakn ugly! looks like a stretched VW bug. the Lexus is simple yet classy lookn. was the C7 there?

Most likes - Past 7 days

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Loloudoudara