Went to the local mountains ...........saw a lot of bikes

BUBBA

Foghoon Leghoon
Donating Member
Registered
So I decided to go to the Mountains and get a few shots with the camera. (Not on the busa, I took my wife's truck)
I love taking pics but have not done any real shooting in a while and needed the practice.

Anyway, I was on this one curve for many hours and saw every kind of vehicle you could imagine. These are only a sampling (I took literally hundreds of pics).

There are 20 here so it will be two posts.

You would think with that many bikes and the hours I was there I would have seen someone I know.:whistle:

Bubba

IMG_5159.JPG

IMG_5177.JPG

IMG_5181.JPG

IMG_5196.JPG

IMG_5217.JPG

IMG_5218.JPG

IMG_5220.JPG

IMG_5222.JPG

IMG_5239.JPG

IMG_5293.JPG

What a cross section of bikes! Fun to view shots Bubba, why do Harley guys look so angry? If it's so unfun for them, why do they ride? Doyle

late entry.....hey, one of those guys is SCAR!

Last edited:
:laugh: You really were able to see a lot of scenery while you were there, weren't you, Bubba? :laugh:

Great to see you. It was a fanstastic day.

Jimmy tried to trick me into going to Engineer's Road again (today, Sunday)...but I was wise to his antics...and instead I went to Julian for pie.

:whistle:

Great pix, too...btw.

Last edited:
What a cross section of bikes! Fun to view shots Bubba, why do Harley guys look so angry? If it's so unfun for them, why do they ride? Doyle

late entry.....hey, one of those guys is SCAR!

:laugh: You really were able to see a lot of scenery while you were there, weren't you, Bubba? :laugh:

Great to see you. It was a fanstastic day.

Jimmy tried to trick me into going to Engineer's Road again (today, Sunday)...but I was wise to his antics...and instead I went to Julian for pie.

:whistle:

Great pix, too...btw.

raydog,
Yeah the Harley guys look mad but they were all very nice and even said hey and how you doing as they passed by.

Scar,
Ah pie at Julian, sounds like a blast.
I did not get out today at all, had some duties around the house.
Maybe next weekend.
I really did get to see some great scenery and brought back a lot of great memories.
Love Idyllwild
Thanks all
Bubba

Well, for everyone's edification, here are the other pix of the 'busa in the crowd; which Bubba shot yesterday.

Say, Bubba...are you going to tell the whole story about yesterday or :whistle: ??

Scar 243 (1).jpg

Scar 243 (3).jpg

Well, for everyone's edification, here are the other pix of the 'busa in the crowd; which Bubba shot yesterday.

Say, Bubba...are you going to tell the whole story about yesterday or :whistle: ??

You mean the fact that I was on that curve since 9:00am. I then thought that you must have had some trouble and I was going to leave at 1:15p when three young guys stopped on the curve and began to ask about the pics I was taking.
They were very nice and well mannered but they had virtually no gear on at all.
Anyway they asked if I would take some of them going down.

Now remember I had been in this spot all day waiting for Scar to come down and I had the money shots pretty nailed at this point and knew just where I was going to get the best ones.

After that I decided to head into Idyllwild and see if Scar was still in town,
as I am about half way up I spot the beuatiful 09 R1 that was leading and knew it was them, I did a quick U-turn after about four others went by and guess who is right on me trying to get around - yes Scar, I was riding the ditch to let them pass and waving my hands to let him know I saw him.

Short story long, I had to race to get back to my spot and by this time the shadows from the trees were in my best spot and I had not much time to reset the camera AV and TV and do tests.
When they did come back up I was ill prepared but got a few good shots in as they rounded the curve coming up.

When I finally made it up to town I caught them at a gas station and pulled next to them and said "Hey what a bunch of SQUIDS" Scar saw the Busa Kanji on the back of my wife's truck and was like "oh no this guy wants to talk Busa, huh" Then he saw it was me and had a good time showing the crew the shots I took.

Ever the gentleman, he apologized for being late, but I could not think of a better place to be for five hours then in the mountain air taking pics of motorcycles.
Thanks for the invite
Bubba

Here are the three guys and the shots I would have had.:laugh:

IMG_5340.JPG

IMG_5342.JPG

IMG_5381.JPG

Greats Pics ...Bubba :beerchug: ..next time thoo .. come up to my place and you can sit in my drvway..and take pics all day of bikes going up n down the road .. don't bother bringing a chair .. there's a reclinier you can sit in ..as you "snap" pics. ..
plus a refer in the kitchen ..amoung other amenities . :whistle: :laugh:

Greats Pics ...Bubba :beerchug: ..next time thoo .. come up to my place and you can sit in my drvway..and take pics all day of bikes going up n down the road .. don't bother bringing a chair .. there's a reclinier you can sit in ..as you "snap" pics. ..
plus a refer in the kitchen ..amoung other amenities . :whistle: :laugh:

Awesome shots, thanks for sharing!!:bowdown:

Thanks PADEROLIS its always fun to see the pics on the ORG.
Post em if ya got em, I always say.

theemrrdkill, Do you ever get to Idyllwild?
It is not far for you, and if you do let me know.
I am going to be heading to Crestline sometime soon and will let you know so we can do your mountain.
Bubba

Back