went to the local harley dealer for show and tell

jch364

Registered
I went with several other motor officers from surrounding jurisdictions yesterday to the local Harley dealer for a show and tell of the new dealership and to test ride the new 2012 police bike they are offering. we went through the new and improved aspects of the bike etc. I was left with mixed feelings about the bike. I dont know. I am reserving judgement until we get the new ones next year and I get some miles on it but its just that some of the features seem a little out of date while others seem state of the art. here is a pic of the new bike. There are things about the dealership that i think that zuk and others can learn from. its far and away more up to date than nearly any other dealer i have been in before thats for sure. but christ almighty they want a small fortune for these bikes. I just dont think i can drink the koolaid on this one. I mean for a police bike I think that they do well. Not sure about it being the best idea but good none the less. Other than that i dont know.

img_pl_flhtp_c0.jpg

BA just swapped to Beemers. Those are some cool bikes, but you cant beat the nostalgia of the Harley.

Last time I got pulled over they were still using Harley's here in Calgary. The BMW is a great bike and I think companies can learn some things from them but I guess only time will tell how good they are, The Harley is nice and like twotonevert mentioned, it's a nostalgia thing

hayabusa police bike 2.jpg
hayabusa police bike.jpg

Some cops have good taste :whistle:

Probably cheaper too :poke: Wish one of these officers would have pulled up and said lets see what you got??? :laugh:

Ok so the first isn't a legit police bike :rofl:

hayabusa police bike 2.jpg

hayabusa police bike.jpg

BA just swapped to Beemers. Those are some cool bikes, but you cant beat the nostalgia of the Harley.

Just wondered, why do the police use Harley's as their police bikes?
There are other faster more reliable bikes on the market these days and I really hope they dont make the choice simply on 'nostalgia'.

the BMW is just a much better bike all around but not cheap either. I think the only reason PD's go with HD is for tradition. my PD went to Dodge Chargers over the crown vic years ago and its just a way better car anyway you look at it unless ur a really big guy. those HD are like mini tanks. too big and too heavy. they serve little purpose for a police officer trying to manuver around all day long. especially if ur a city cop.

I wish the Florida cops used Harleys. I would never stop for them. Just normal riding will leave a Harley in the dust. How could they tell if you were running or not? It would all look the same..........:laugh:

Back