went to court today

havoc

Registered
back in Oct me and buddy received a Neg2 ticket from WSP which carries a 490 dollar fine. got the ticket thrown out.
laugh.gif

Give us some details on your story.
three of us were riding down I-5 in WA. me and my buddy get pulled over.4 WSP with their lights on and 1 sheriff unit coming the opposite direction on the off ramp in Battle ground exit. once pulled over our third friend goes by us, about 3-4min later.the officer ask if we know him, we tell him no. the officer tells us that a Kelso radio to them that he saw 3 bikes going at a high rate of speed, now Kelso is 10 miles down the road from Battle ground where we got pulled over at. " he said we were doing well over 100mph." he runs our info in his computer, no problems there, so the senior officer that pulled us over, says he going to cut us a break, their not going to write us up for reckless or neg driving but issue us just a speeding ticket.so he hands it over to a officer that brand new to the force a rookie. he and the others take off and go look for our other friend that had just passed us, they never did get him. so the rookie officer comes back with the ticket that has NEG2 written on it $490 fine. we ask him whats this, the senior officer told us that we wasnt going to write us up for that but for you to write it up as a speeeding ticket, take it was the last one on the scene and had no idea what happened. we give him a hard time and hes getting hot, trying to flex a little bit saying ill tear it up and issue one for reckless driving, no problem will see you in court. once reading the ticket, there no radar or laser to proove what we did wrong. once at home, i call our third friend that got away what happened to you he tells me that the cop followed him for 2 miles and he was just doing the speed limit at that time. so the cop speeds up to catch the two of us.

i go to court with my attorney, while sitting there listening to other cases the judge is hammering people , not cutting them a break at all. im up next,my attorney tells the judge that this case should be dimissed because this ticket should never have been issued because the WSP officers were going on hearsay what the Kelso radioed to them. the judge, i do find that this legal defense is right "CASE DISMISSED."

I live in washington too, and have always found it easy to get a break in traffic violations. even my dui got reduced BIG TIME! just gotta be cool, and be real.
Good job Havoc.

What's up with that. Can they give neg2 just for speeding? Glad you got out of it.
\
brave.gif

Thinker

They got their case dismissed because the officer that issued the citation did not include the Kleso officer as a witness...Major oversight on the part of the officer...Good for you gents though...

STUNNAH

Even if they included the Officer as a witness. He would have to make a positive ID. They can not just pick bikes at random.

Even if they included the Officer as a witness. He would have to make a positive ID. They can not just pick bikes at random.
The way Havoc wrote his post I believe there was no question about the fact that they were stopped...I also mentioned that he would have been content with having received a citation for just speeding...A general description would have been sufficient in this incident...I don't recall Havoc mentioning any other bikes in the area at the time of this stop...

Even with Kelso officers as witness...no radar, didn't time them, had to be shakey case at best.

Back