Went to a funeral today

monsterspeedfreak

Donating Member
Registered
Maybe it's not that dreary.
If you were to pass on today......what would you be most proud of......an accomplishment, a relationship, a posession, your job, or what ever.
I think for me.....it would have to be a combination of the fact that I recently married the girl I have been with for 15 years and been best friends with for nearly 24 years.......and I have a ton of very good friends and really close family.

Come on pansy tuff guys......lets hear those tear jerkers!!!

I'm proud of taking the plunge into married life again. She is a great girl and I am looking forward to being married to her. A lifetime together and all that jazz.

Also, I am glad that I took over the family business. Five generations on this family farm, including me. Though it is tough the connection to something larger than myself is very rewarding.

I'm proud of finishing school and continuing to learn everyday. I read constantly. Here's to adding more to the mental encyclopedia!
thumbs-up.gif

I'm proud of taking the plunge into married life again.  She is a great girl and I am looking forward to being married to her.  A lifetime together and all that jazz.

Also, I am glad that I took over the family business.  Five generations on this family farm, including me.  Though it is tough the connection to something larger than myself is very rewarding.

I'm proud of finishing school and continuing to learn everyday.  I read constantly.  Here's to adding more to the mental encyclopedia!  
thumbs-up.gif
You gotta be kiddin.....I'm on the family farm too.
What do ya farm.

sorry 'bout the funeral thing the Monsta Man ...

It's got ya thinkin' eh,
have a good day , my Canadian brother .

for me, it was making my mom and dad proud of me when I graduated college. My parents split up when I was 9 years old, and my mom raised me as a struggling single mother. Her dream was to see me graduate from a good college. She did everything possible, even taking on 2 or 3 jobs so we could afford to live in decent neighborhood so I could go to a good high school.

When I was in 6th grade, my head was really wrecked. Seeing my parents split up and going from middle class to poverty really built me up with alot of rage. I saw a school shrink, and they told my mom was told that I didnt have the smarts to get into a good college, and that I should begin looking into some sort of skilless trade.

My mom refused, worked hard and got me into a good high school. We even forged mailing address and I walked a mile a day to the bus stop. Getting me an education meant everything to her. So I worked my tail off in high school, got into a good college. Payed my way through college, and graduated with a business degree 5 years later. I hate school, and I didnt like college (other than the beer drinking, tons of hot chicks and parties and stuff), but I worked my ass off for her, because she deserved it

If I died today, the only memory that would burn into my mind is her face at graduation, one of the few times in my life I felt like I gave something back to her. It was her dream to see me walk across the stage with a dimploma, and I did everything I could to give it to her. Seeing how much that meant to her just gets me all teary-eyed

(sniff) you see what chu dun now?

Mike

I'm proud of taking the plunge into married life again.  She is a great girl and I am looking forward to being married to her.  A lifetime together and all that jazz.

Also, I am glad that I took over the family business.  Five generations on this family farm, including me.  Though it is tough the connection to something larger than myself is very rewarding.

I'm proud of finishing school and continuing to learn everyday.  I read constantly.  Here's to adding more to the mental encyclopedia!  
thumbs-up.gif
What do ya farm.
I didn't know you were into farming too, monsterspeedfreak. The family farm is north of Peoria IL in Marshall Co. Which is dead in the heart of corn and soybean country. Which is what I grow.

What about you?

I would be most proud of the people that I have met and know either online or in real life.

Just like the saying goes:

To take a mans time is to take a part of his life and I would like to thank each and every one of you that have shared that with me. Just remember to always live your life like it was gonna end tomorrow. That way you will not be disapointed.

monsters into berries an' such....i'll answer for him cause I know he's off buyin' furniture or somethin' .

You fuggin' farmers . Personally , I cant stand you dirtbags.

Hee hee hee , dirtbags , sometimes I just kill me . And I know Monster is gonna want to, when he see's my last few posts in Random/Post Whorin'.....hee hee hee .

Actually , farmers have bin gettin' %#^*ed over for years if ya ask me . We need farmers . We need to eat . I have no fuggin' idea why governments make it so shiddy for guys like MSF,FLCN72, and all the rest of the growers . I have had friends who worked an' grew up on farms . Farmers are real men . They truley are. Its a tuff life . It's been said that if you want to starve to death in North America , become a farmer .
Anyways...thats enuff thread-jacking for 1 day .

Thanks to all the farmers out there.....think about it for a second guys...where would we be....without 'em...

Fuggin' hungry...thats where we would be .

"We now return you to your regularly sheduled thread".

for me, it was making my mom and dad proud of me when I graduated college. My parents split up when I was 9 years old, and my mom raised me as a struggling single mother. Her dream was to see me graduate from a good college. She did everything possible, even taking on 2 or 3 jobs so we could afford to live in decent neighborhood so I could go to a good high school.

When I was in 6th grade, my head was really wrecked. Seeing my parents split up and going from middle class to poverty really built me up with alot of rage. I saw a school shrink, and they told my mom was told that I didnt have the smarts to get into a good college, and that I should begin looking into some sort of skilless trade.

My mom refused, worked hard and got me into a good high school. We even forged mailing address and I walked a mile a day to the bus stop. Getting me an education meant everything to her. So I worked my tail off in high school, got into a good college. Payed my way through college, and graduated with a business degree 5 years later. I hate school, and I didnt like college (other than the beer drinking, tons of hot chicks and parties and stuff), but I worked my ass off for her, because she deserved it

If I died today, the only memory that would burn into my mind is her face at graduation, one of the few times in my life I felt like I gave something back to her. It was her dream to see me walk across the stage with a dimploma, and I did everything I could to give it to her. Seeing how much that meant to her just gets me all teary-eyed

Mike
Jesus H Christ . Mikey....that was fuggin beautifull . If I had a soul , I'd be cryin' with ya .

Mikey's a lucky boy . Mikey's Mom is a lucky gal .

OK....where's Monster...I'm gonna kick his ass for startin' all this tear jerkin' crap .

thumbs-up.gif
What do ya farm.
I didn't know you were into farming too, monsterspeedfreak.  The family farm is north of Peoria IL in Marshall Co.  Which is dead in the heart of corn and soybean country.  Which is what I grow.

What about you?
We're actually quite diversified......Milk cows, blueberries, cranberries, beef, and a ranch that we run cow/calf on.

Mike
Sorry fer puttin ya through that Mikey.
One unbelievable Mom ya got there.......give er a hug fer all of us!!!!!

My daughter my wife my mom my girl (BUSA)those are my favorite things they make my life livable.I lost two friends this year both 33 years young I have done a lot of reflecting.Sorry for your loss bro.

Well I had to chime in on this one. First off, I am always thankful for family and friends (yes, even you guys). I have always been proud of my educational accomplishments. I currently hold three degrees (BS in Marketing, Management, and an Associates degree in Finance). Currently in school to complete my MBA. My only regret is that I had my son, Christian, out of wedlock. It's hard now that he has moved away with his new family (Jacksonville, FL). I just recently lost a nephew to Lukemia. He was only 32 years old. This situation had an impact on my life...especially the way I look at things now. One last and final note: Much love and props go to you guys, Monsta and FLCN72, for doing what you do. Agriculture has always been, and will continue to be, the backbone of this country.
inlove.gif
unclesam.gif
cool.gif

Brian

Well I had to chime in on this one.  First off, I am always thankful for family and friends (yes, even you guys).  I have always been proud of my educational accomplishments.  I currently hold three degrees (BS in Marketing, Management, and an Associates degree in Finance).  Currently in school to complete my MBA.  My only regret is that I had my son, Christian, out of wedlock.  It's hard now that he has moved away with his new family (Jacksonville, FL).  I just recently lost a nephew to Lukemia.  He was only 32 years old.  This situation had an impact on my life...especially the way I look at things now.  One last and final note:  Much love and props go to you guys, Monsta and FLCN72, for doing what you do.  Agriculture has always been, and will continue to be, the backbone of this country.  
inlove.gif

unclesam.gif

cool.gif

Brian
BA...Ur good people dude..
I love this place some really cool folks here.
Very sorry to here of yer Nephew losing his battle with Lukemia.
Bill

Lost my Mom in 1979 @ 52..rare illness...that hurt..My Dad's 77 and angry..so far never lost a friend to an accident..but my "best" friend lost his sister's husband on his Sportster..
NOT his fault...he was a nice guy...wrong place at the wrong time on a freeway..this chic merged three lanes smashed into a car which smashed into the group of riders....Careful out there.
Small SOB......

If I died today...

My greatest accomplishments...

Reaching the point in my short computer career where I was earning 6 figures with full benefits while not possessing a college degree.  Mr. Bush has seen fit to wreck that job with our wonderful economy now, but it was something I was quite proud of when I made it.

Digging myself out of the horrible debt that my first wife put me into before we divorced.

Serving my country for 6 years, even if it was only as a Weekend Warrior (National Guard) who was never called to duty.

Meeting and marrying a wonderful soulmate in my current wife.  All other factors were secondary, she and I clicked right from the first emails back and forth (met on match.com) and when we actually met a month later to begin dating, it was like we'd known each other for years, so much so that we moved in together 3 months later.

Most of all: The birth of my daughter this May.  Unfortunately, my wish of having my 4 grandparents see her (I'm the oldest, would have been their first great-grandchild) was not to be.  Grandma Gellenbeck died of pancreatic cancer last spring, and Grandfather took his own life 3 weeks later out of loneliness.  My other Grandmother went into a coma 2 days before my daughter was born and died 3 days after her birth, so she never met her either.  My only surviving Grandfather is in the final stages of Alzheimers and, as such, has had no concept of who I am for several years now.

My wife doesn't know it, but there is an unofficial add-on to the will that is hidden in the bank safety deposit box.  It basically asks, if at all humanly possible, please continue the search for my biological mother.  I only know that she was a single mother who already had 2 children and knew that she couldn't afford a third, especially after the father turned his back on her.  I have met countless women who gave up babies at birth who say that they sit each day at times and wonder how their baby turned out, whether they are safe and happy, etc.  All I want is for someone to find her (if still living), tell her about me and my life, and relay my thanks to her for loving me enough to contact Catholic Charities and ensure that I went to a good home, because the folks I was placed with went to GREAT lengths to make me feel loved.  I never knew or had any inkling that I was adopted until they told me at age 31, along with my two brothers, one of which was also adopted and did not know, but he was from a different couple (talk about exploding the foundations of your self-perception, etc, that took some months to fully assimilate and digest).

Holy CRAP FOLKS, Is this turning into a Freakin online support group or what?  IT IS?  Oh...cool...

Here it goes...

I think the single thing I am most proud of is getting myself here, where I am, by myself, And playing a key role in helping my wife get where she is today.  I know I know sounds tired but I had a really jacked up child hood, poor, single mother, yadda yadda...Lets just say that Fight Club speaks to me in a real unhealthy manner.  But, I graduated High School, Went to College, got married... quit school to pay for hers...

(Hold on now..I was an Art Major with a 2.8 GPA, She was the Math Physics Double Major with a 4.3 GPA or something due to honors courses.  Now you tell me who is going to drop out and pay bills...)  

I joined the worlds Finest Air Force, served proudly while she was getting her Bachelors and then Masters at Creighton University, She Graduated with a perfect 4.0 in Math.  I am proud of that as well, doing the right thing.  I was able to provide the stability she needed to succeed.  I got out of the Air Force,  followed my wife to Tampa where she started her career as an Actuarial Consultant and I got a job at Booz Allen Hamilton, and then where I work now.

I dunno, I just take pride in the fact that I really got myself where I am at, didn't have any help when I was young, I took care of my own and have been a faithful husband to my wife and a loyal friend to my friends (Hell I stared down the barrel of a skinhead's .12 gauge for my Bro Kyler...long story).  They are my family and that is all that I need.

Oh yeah and yes she did pay for most of the Hayabusa, she almost doubles my Salary... but I sold my first street bike to pay rent during her third year at CSU, Times were tough...(Ramen Noodles tough) the Return on Investment has been incredible though... Not braggin..well ok on her I am...but we have just come a long way, and we've done it together.  We Started with nothing, hand me downs, Salvation Army Furniture, and a 75' Cadillac Coupe De' Ville, and here we are... Feels really good, I thank the Heavens, and my luck for where I am today...oh...and a crap load of hard work...

Oh yeah, Mike...You Damn near had me tearing up...  

And if this is a support group where in hell are the Coffee and Doughnuts?
rock.gif

Holy CRAP FOLKS, Is this turning into a Freakin online support group or what?  IT IS?  Oh...cool...

Here it goes...

I think the single thing I am most proud of is getting myself here, where I am, by myself, And playing a key role in helping my wife get where she is today.  I know I know sounds tired but I had a really jacked up child hood, poor, single mother, yadda yadda...Lets just say that Fight Club speaks to me in a real unhealthy manner.  But, I graduated High School, Went to College, got married... quit school to pay for hers...

(Hold on now..I was an Art Major with a 2.8 GPA, She was the Math Physics Double Major with a 4.3 GPA or something due to honors courses.  Now you tell me who is going to drop out and pay bills...)  

I joined the worlds Finest Air Force, served proudly while she was getting her Bachelors and then Masters at Creighton University, She Graduated with a perfect 4.0 in Math.  I am proud of that as well, doing the right thing.  I was able to provide the stability she needed to succeed.  I got out of the Air Force,  followed my wife to Tampa where she started her career as an Actuarial Consultant and I got a job at Booz Allen Hamilton, and then where I work now.

I dunno, I just take pride in the fact that I really got myself where I am at, didn't have any help when I was young, I took care of my own and have been a faithful husband to my wife and a loyal friend to my friends (Hell I stared down the barrel of a skinhead's .12 gauge for my Bro Kyler...long story).  They are my family and that is all that I need.

Oh yeah and yes she did pay for most of the Hayabusa, she almost doubles my Salary... but I sold my first street bike to pay rent during her third year at CSU, Times were tough...(Ramen Noodles tough) the Return on Investment has been incredible though... Not braggin..well ok on her I am...but we have just come a long way, and we've done it together.  We Started with nothing, hand me downs, Salvation Army Furniture, and a 75' Cadillac Coupe De' Ville, and here we are... Feels really good, I thank the Heavens, and my luck for where I am today...oh...and a crap load of hard work...

Oh yeah, Mike...You Damn near had me tearing up...  

And if this is a support group where in hell are the Coffee and Doughnuts?
rock.gif
Awesome story Rev.......I'd be damn proud of that too.
Sounds like one incredible lady you have there!!!!!!
Bill

Guess the Coffee and donuts should be on me since I'm the one at fault fer this thread.
coffeecup.gif
coffee.gif
Couldn't find any donuts.....sorry.

Back