Went to a funeral today

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO, NOT the SUpport Group Thread again....AHHHHHHH!!!!!!

DO I havta?
rock.gif

Well I'm not gunna...

So there....:p
Give it a rest tuff guy......yer not all that!!!!!
jump9.gif
What?  Maybe I don, wanna expose my sensitive underbelly...

And how do you know I am not all that?  I might be?  WHAT?
rock.gif
It could happen...

Umm...I am not really sure what the hell I am talking about
either....

OK You want a bit of truth... My Cat that I had since I was 14 died a couple weeks ago.  She was supposed to be my Moms cat but she kinda adopted me.  The little kitten crawled into my bed her second night in the house, curled up above my head and had slept there for the last 18 years.  She came with me to College, she came with me when I was stationed in Omaha, and she made the trip with me and the wife three years ago to Tampa.  

I know she was just a cat, but she was probably my most reliable buddy.  Allways there, curled up at the head of the bed, or next to me on the couch.  She would come when called,  and she was allways extremely vocal "talked a lot".

I am just now getting to where I do not keep trying to lay out food for her, looking for her when I get home from work, or reaching for her when I am sleeping.

She had a stroke, and was no longer able walk properly or get up on the bed.  Years ago that was the deal I had made, the yardstick if you will, of cat health, when she couldn't get up on the bed and couldn't really enjoy life then it would be time.  Well, I guess it was time...
down.gif
That same evening she took her last trip to the vet.
I think I know what ya mean a bit Rev......My wife finally convinced me to let her get a cat about a year and a half ago.......before she was even my wife.
I always hated cats and swore I would never let one in the house.
Over the last little while, I've really grown to like the li'l orange fluffball.....does the curl up at the head of the bed thing to........I'd deffinately miss the li'l bugger if something happened to him.
I lost my dog of 18 years a little while back.......man did that suck........Coyote came into my garage......yes, into the garage and all but tore him to shreads before I could get out to help him.
I've never been so pissed of in my life.........actually killed almost every coyote in the area that year, I was so mad.
13 in all, and 5 Coydogs Shep Coyote crosses......haven't seen near as many of them buggers round here lately.......and if there's any animal rights folks out there that are thinking of giving me $hi!.....don't bother.........I loved every second of revenge I got for them taking my dog.....but sure wish he was still here.
sad.gif
down.gif

rock.gif

down.gif

Wow. Ya'll really are squishy!  
ices_rofl.gif

I guess I might as well ooze with ya.

The thing I'm most proud of is the fact that I learned to appreciate my Father while I still have him. I was not so fortunate with my Mother. I am who and what I am today because of my Mother. While Dad was working his a$$ off to give me a nice place to live and all the necessities (and some great toys) Mom dedicated 150% of every second of her life to make sure that I was taken care of and that I had anything I needed. She made sure that I was the smartest kid in any of my school classes by spending whatever amount of time it took to help me learn what I needed to learn. She worried about me when I was too stupid to worry about myself. She had my back every step of the way and wouldn't have hesitated for a second to fight a grizzly bear empty handed if it messed with me.

Unfortunately, I lost her to bone cancer before I was smart enough to realize just how much she had done for me. My biggest regret is that she won't get to physically hold my kids, if I ever have any. I know she'll be there with me and she'll see them through my eyes. Still...

I'd trade my busa and every other worldly possession I have just for one more hug and a chance to thank her in person for everything she's done. I've made peace with her through God and I know that everything is right but what I wouldn't give for that one single hug.

Again, I'm so proud that I have realized how much my Dad means to me while I still have him. I meet him for lunch just about every day that I'm not working and spend all the time I can with him. I thank God every day that I learned to appreciate him before losing him.

If I went today the thing I'd be most proud of would be the relationship I have with my family. My Dad, my two sisters and the rest of the extended family are what really matter to me now. All the other is just fluff...

Ok, I'll quit oozing now. Back to the tough guy act.  
wink.gif
Sorry to hear about the loss of yer mother Bullet
down.gif
.......but great to hear that something good came of it.......all things happen for a reason.........cool that you and yer Dad have a good relationship now.
thumbs-up.gif

Thanks, MSF. And it's funny that you say, "all things happen for a reason". That happens to be my favorite phrase. I believe it is far more accurate than most people realize.
smile.gif

By all means, Broh. Sometimes that's the ONLY reasoning that gets me through a situation... Had one of those situations over the past few weeks. Won't go into it though. I've done enough oozing here. Don't want to give Michelle too much ammo.
wink.gif

as much as i have tried to restrain from posting i had to have in put in this one

I’m gona switch to a serious note here (enjoy it while it lasts) my grand father died October 17, 1995. My father died October 13, 1997. 3 years ago in December my grandmother died. I wasn’t really sad at my grandfathers or my father’s funeral I think the main reason was that I was too young to truly understand what had happened. When my grandmother died I was sad and depressed because I was really close to her.

After my grandmother died I realized how short life is and how important friends and family are I doubt I could have gotten through that and my mothers divorce 6 months later if it weren’t for my friends. Now that I know how valuable life truly is I wake up happy every morning because I’m still alive and I enjoy my life even the little annoyances in daily life. Iv’e learned that in times of grief we really know who are true friends are. They are the ppl who will stick bye you at all times no matter what they are the ppl who will try to cheer you up after a death or a bad break up. The are even the ppl who will give you a ride if your busa is broke. Pay attention to these ppl and do the same for them when they need your help it will be worth it in the long run.

Sorry its so long
~Jester~

as much as i have tried to restrain from posting i had to have in put in this one

I’m gona switch to a serious note here (enjoy it while it lasts) my grand father died October 17, 1995. My father died October 13, 1997. 3 years ago in December my grandmother died. I wasn’t really sad at my grandfathers or my father’s funeral I think the main reason was that I was too young to truly understand what had happened. When my grandmother died I was sad and depressed because I was really close to her.

After my grandmother died I realized how short life is and how important friends and family are I doubt I could have gotten through that and my mothers divorce 6 months later if it weren’t for my friends. Now that I know how valuable life truly is I wake up happy every morning because I’m still alive and I enjoy my life even the little annoyances in daily life. Iv’e learned that in times of grief we really know who are true friends are. They are the ppl who will stick bye you at all times no matter what they are the ppl who will try to cheer you up after a death or a bad break up. The are even the ppl who will give you a ride if your busa is broke. Pay attention to these ppl and do the same for them when they need your help it will be worth it in the long run.

Sorry its so long
~Jester~
Man that's alot of loss to deal with Jester........sounds like good came from it in the end once again though..........you now have learned to appreciate your friends more.......at least....the ones that are there for ya.
thumbs-up.gif

Wow. Ya'll really are squishy!  :rofl:

I guess I might as well ooze with ya.

The thing I'm most proud of is the fact that I learned to appreciate my Father while I still have him. I was not so fortunate with my Mother. I am who and what I am today because of my Mother. While Dad was working his a$$ off to give me a nice place to live and all the necessities (and some great toys) Mom dedicated 150% of every second of her life to make sure that I was taken care of and that I had anything I needed. She made sure that I was the smartest kid in any of my school classes by spending whatever amount of time it took to help me learn what I needed to learn. She worried about me when I was too stupid to worry about myself. She had my back every step of the way and wouldn't have hesitated for a second to fight a grizzly bear empty handed if it messed with me.

Unfortunately, I lost her to bone cancer before I was smart enough to realize just how much she had done for me. My biggest regret is that she won't get to physically hold my kids, if I ever have any. I know she'll be there with me and she'll see them through my eyes. Still...

I'd trade my busa and every other worldly possession I have just for one more hug and a chance to thank her in person for everything she's done. I've made peace with her through God and I know that everything is right but what I wouldn't give for that one single hug.

Again, I'm so proud that I have realized how much my Dad means to me while I still have him. I meet him for lunch just about every day that I'm not working and spend all the time I can with him. I thank God every day that I learned to appreciate him before losing him.

If I went today the thing I'd be most proud of would be the relationship I have with my family. My Dad, my two sisters and the rest of the extended family are what really matter to me now. All the other is just fluff...

Ok, I'll quit oozing now. Back to the tough guy act.  ;)
Chris...that is such a sad story...but I'm so glad you realize what you do now and you cherish your Dad so much now...

In the end, all we have is family...we're all guilty of letting things go sometimes for too long before we realize what's really important in life...don't beat yourself up for it...

Geez...I feel like Dr. Phil!
:D

Nah... What would be sad is if I had never realized what I had in her. I'm good with how things are now. ;)

Wow Chris! That took you long enough! I hate to burst your bubble, but I don't look much like that guy! Try again...

:D

Back