Went for a track day, but not with Busa

PandaNin

Donating Member
Registered
I was fortunate enough to be invited to Thunderhill's Customer Appreciation Day. Basically go drive all day for free. Yes please, I'll be there.

I opted to take the car since I've not had it on track yet and this was a great opportunity with little traffic. It did really really well. My passenger in session 4 said we were getting up to 112 on the front straight. I'm quite pleased by that.

I didn't have a lap timer so no clue what lap times I was turning.

The only ones that were able to pass me without a point-by were the Z06s.

img03.jpg

img53.jpg

img10.jpg

It was so nice taking a day from the office to go play.

Now that looks like a ton of fun dude! TH is a little narrow for cars to be passing without getting tangled up isn't it? I am amazed at how well some cars corner. I've watched them at our local track and some aren't that far behind the bikes.

TH is pretty wide actually. You can pass almost anywhere except at the top of 5. Was a ton of fun. I especially liked that there were maybe 10 cars on track at a time. I had lots of room to myself.

looks like fun.... so.. no tail end view of the ford in pic 1? :laugh:

(and what is a "point by" ?)

Last edited:
looks like fun.... so.. no tail end view of the ford in pic 1? :laugh:

(and what is a "point by" ?)

Unfortunately the batteries in my GoPro had died so I didn't get any awesome video passing the GT :(

A point-by is where you kinda slow down and point the other driver by. I was out practicing my line not going 10/10ths so I wanted a nice clear space. I don't like being in a conga line if avoidable. In the vids you'll see that I let an older Toyota MR2 go around. I didn't want him behind me. He was squirrely in all kinds of ways.

you just had to pass the GT... thanks pal..... devalued the car by 50% when you did that... :rofl:

so is the GT a less capable car or did you just mash him with experience? I know the Porche is very capable on a track but would have thought the GT could have held its own... dang.... need new dream car..

Now that looks like a ton of fun dude! TH is a little narrow for cars to be passing without getting tangled up isn't it? I am amazed at how well some cars corner. I've watched them at our local track and some aren't that far behind the bikes.

Thought cars were supposed to corner better than bikes especially the all wheel drives :dunno:

Bikes are just more fun to corner with:laugh:

:rofl::rofl: I can only dream of riding like some of you guys:bowdown::bowdown:

Last edited by a moderator:
Back