Went for a ride today

stkr00

Slower Traffic Keep Right ! ! &#
Donating Member
Registered
The weather was nice today. Well, 41 degrees feels a lot nicer than 21 degrees anyway.

I got a Zero Gravity Sport Touring windscreen for Christmas, along with a Suzuki Gel Seat, and Joe Rocket Hard Drive boots. I had to go for a ride and check out all the new stuff.

ZG ST - So much better than the stock windscreen. I know everyone prefers the DB, but I like long rides, and higher speeds, so the ST helps more with the wind trying to rip me off of the bike. I did my typical quick run up to about 140+ and I was amazed that with very little tuck, I felt almost NO wind buffeting. There is more noise from the flow over my Arai Corsair, but nowhere near the amount I used to feel in my chest and helmet.
beerchug.gif
biggrin.gif

Joe Rocket Hard Drive Boots - Very nice fit and comfort. Not much for insulation, but a good pair of wool socks would take care of that. They look like space boots with all of the slider plates everywhere, but since they are racing boots, and they're all black, then I don't mind. I wanted them for the protection the provide. Looks are just a bonus! They are very flexible, but do feel a little weird walking around in them. They aren't made for all day walking comfort, but for riding they're fine.

Gel Seat - Not a long enough ride today to truely evaluate. I'll give an update in the spring.

It felt really good to get to ride again. Not the ideal weather for a long cruise, but good enough to enjoy a ride before winter really hits.

biggrin.gif

biggrin.gif

Glad you got one in.
wink.gif
I had seven days off for Christmas vacation and I don't go back to work until Wednesday. I got sick Christmas day and have had a few days that would have been great for riding but I'm so sick I can't ride. Haven't even felt like tearing her down for paint yet. Whatever I've got is kickin' my ass! I'm going to lay back down, now before I pass out...

Hope you get well soon BT! Got to start that paint scheme!
biggrin.gif

stkr00 - glad you got to ride! Isn't it great?! Winter is such a long time to not ride, so squeezing in some short trips here and there makes it more tolerable...so, where's the pic of your newly updated Busa?! I want to see this screen...
tounge.gif

I'm green with envy....sounds like BT's just plain green! Stryk...congrats! BT...get well soon. Pouring rain and 60 mph winds here in sunny Northern California...
mad.gif

Yeah...I hear the weather's not been good in Cali...it might be cold here, but we can ride if we have the warm gear! Hope it stops raining soon...

Rain, rain, rain, rain...............a bit cold also. That is all it wants to do here in Northern Cali.

Hope you get better soon BT.
My wife got a short version of the flu, only lasted about 36 hours. I am very glad she did not get the full blown flu.

At least in the cold you can ride and try out the new Christmas toys. I am hoping it will stop raining here to ride, at least for a bit.
Santa brought me some D & D black satan cans, some clear lenses back and front, and a new BMC air filter. It sounds and looks good............. in the garage.
Need a projector and screen, then I can shoot a video in the summer and re-ride it in the winter, in the comfort of my own garage.

Ride safe  
eyes.gif

I rode yesterday. It was in the 60's, pretty nice overall. Had a good ride until bike starting acting up. Found at had a mapping problem. Oh well better I found out now...
cool.gif

Oh by the way VaBusa, I rode with a Harley owner yesterday. Yeah I know when your'e desperate you'll ride with anybody. It was pretty cool,, the friend of mine has a V-Rod. He did good keeping up. I was going about 65 cruisin' ad he decided to blow by me. I laughed and let him get good and stretched out, then blew by him doing 165 or so...
cool.gif

Oh by the way VaBusa, I rode with a Harley owner yesterday. Yeah I know when your'e desperate you'll ride with anybody. It was pretty cool,, the friend of mine has a V-Rod. He did good keeping up. I was going about 65 cruisin' ad he decided to blow by me. I laughed and let him get good and stretched out, then blew by him doing 165 or so...
cool.gif
That's funny! He was thinking "damn, what was that? Jet?" and probably looking back for you!

Riding with Harleys is hard...not an ego thing...the bikes just accelerate so differenty (obviously) and brake so differently...plus, I'm getting tired of losing my hearing next to my hubby's 1200 Sportster!
biggrin.gif

Hope you get better soon BT.
My wife got a short version of the flu, only lasted about 36 hours. I am very glad she did not get the full blown flu.
Yeah, I had the little 36 hour flu a few days before I got the full blown Hayabusa class flu. I beat that and thought I was in the clear. Not that lucky. The bad mofo version has took me with a vengance.
wink.gif

Thanks for the well wishes all. I think maybe I'm on my way back up now. At least the fevers and chills have stopped (none since last night). That's a good thing.
biggrin.gif

Worst part is that I haven't been able to work on preppin' da' train for paint on my Christmas vacation like I had planned. Instead I've worn out my recliner, couch and remote. Hell, I haven't even been to the garage and laid eyes on da' train since Thursday of last week! At this point I'm not sure what is flu and what it withdrawal symptoms from lack of busa.
wink.gif

By the way, you wouldn't believe how long it took my Nyquilled up ass to type this post, goin' back and fixing my typo's. Hehehehehe...

Ok, back to unconsciousness for me... Talk to ya'll later.
biggrin.gif

wink.gif

biggrin.gif

Get well soon BT.
smile.gif

I'll get some pictures soon. I'm at war with my '90 Chevy pick-up right now. Major driveability problems.
mad.gif

Truck has been faithfull for 177,000 miles, and I think it's jealous of the bikes. It got beyond my diagnostic abilities, and it's now at the DEALERSHIP.
wow.gif
The service manager is a personal friend, so I know he'll be straight with me, but this is the truck's first time at a dealership since purchased new in 1990. Sad Times
sad.gif

Get well soon BT.
smile.gif

I'll get some pictures soon.  I'm at war with my '90 Chevy pick-up right now.  Major driveability problems.
mad.gif

Truck has been faithfull for 177,000 miles, and I think it's jealous of the bikes.  It got beyond my diagnostic abilities, and it's now at the DEALERSHIP.
wow.gif
 The service manager is a personal friend, so I know he'll be straight with me, but this is the truck's first time at a dealership since purchased new in 1990.  Sad Times
sad.gif
Sorry about the truck...all good things must come to an end...my little 'stang is getting high mileage now...hubby keeps talking about needing to replace it! I just can't...it's my baby...it's behind the Busa, but still my baby...

Okay...here's a few pics of the Zero Gravity Sport Touring windscreen. I have also added some convex adhesive mirrors to the factory mirrors to help with the blind spots. They're okay, but not the best in the world.

And no, I haven't cut my fender YET, or removed the rear reflectors, but they'll be done soon enough.

<span style='color:blue'>Overall View</span>

<span style='color:blue'>Front View</span>

<span style='color:blue'>Side View (Profile) Flash is off for silouette</span>

<span style='color:blue'>Rear View</span>

What is this board coming to? I posted pics...which everybody likes, right?...and not one comment.

Hmmmm?

Actually just bumping it up for VaBusa.
biggrin.gif

What is this board coming to?  I posted pics...which everybody likes, right?...and not one comment.

Hmmmm?

Actually just bumping it up for VaBusa.
biggrin.gif
I'm still shaking my head about the fender and reflectors still being on there!
poke.gif

Just kiddin'. The screen looks like it'd be nice for touring. Should really block the wind. If it's any smoother than riding with a Double Bubble I think I could fall asleep behind that screen.
biggrin.gif

biggrin.gif

I'm still shaking my head about the fender and reflectors still being on there!
poke.gif

Just kiddin'. The screen looks like it'd be nice for touring. Should really block the wind. If it's any smoother than riding with a Double Bubble I think I could fall asleep behind that screen.
biggrin.gif
Glad to see you back...Are you feeling any better BT?

When winter finally kicks in, I'll probably get the fender, and reflectors done. I got a center stand that I'll be putting on also, so I'll have plenty to do over the winter.

My battery leaked acid onto the swingarm/left exhaust the day after I picked it up, so Suzuki replaced the exhaust pipe and we agreed to trade some goodies instead of them replacing the swingarm. I didn't want them disassembling the bike, and they were able to polish it up to where you can't even notice it. Worked out all the way around. That's how I got the Tank Bra, Gel Seat, and Center Stand. The rest were gift at Christmas.

biggrin.gif

biggrin.gif

Thanks stkr.
wink.gif
I'm gettin' there. Better than I was but still runnin' on about 1/2 steam. Another few days and a couple more gallons of OJ and I should be up to par.
biggrin.gif

Back