Went down for the first time today..

GreecianRocket

Registered
and it hurts my pride more than anything. The city has been doing alot of digging in my area lately (water pipes/ drainage etc) and they are leaving dirt all over the damn neighborhood. I was coming home from a late lunch on the bike--it had rained last night and the dirt turned into mud--i knew it was there, even saw it so took the corner nice and slow but the front wheel sunk into the muck and the back ended slid out. I ended up going over the right side of the handlebars and somehow managed to land on my feet.

Some nasty cosmetic damage to the lower fairing but nothing major. Freaking sucks man! The bike was absolutely perfect and now shes wounded until i can muster up some cash. :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

I guess it could have been worse :(

Always feels terrible - nothing serious by the sounds of it, but when it happens, the world crumbles.

Check to see if any jarring action might have caused some damage (chiro/dr)...

oh and is it too early to say your thread title makes me want to say, "That's what he said."?

:)

Best of luck dude...

At the track, the organizer says:

"ok, new guys, close your eyes"
"ok, everybody else, if you've crashed your bike at the race track, hold up your hand" (everybody raises their hands)
everybody laughs....

It's not a matter of if, more a matter of when. You live you learn to not make that same mistake another day. Parts are cheap, body parts are expensive...

the only way not to crash is don't ride and that is unacceptable! glad you walked away from it and it is only going to take some cash to set things back right :beerchug:

Get your city to pay for the repairs. They left the street unsafe for motorcycle traffic, by the sounds of it. ???

contact the city maintenance dept. all materials should be cleaned up at end of work day. Any material not removed has to be plated...

like most accidents they take place within a mile of ones house. I think we tend to be complacent when close to home.

Yep, going down really blows! The first time is a little weird but it gets easier over time, at least that's what I keep telling her, Over and Over!!!!

Back