Welp, love it or hate, we made a change

twotonevert

Member of P.E.A.
Donating Member
Registered
It was time, we owned the 09 for 7 years and watched it born from the crate. It's only use as of the last couple of years were commuting to and from work. The rear pegs were uncomfortable for Juli and we needed something we could ride two up on again. We looked at a few bikes before making the decision to switch, including the Indian and the new BMW GTL. Ultimately we wanted a full on tour bike that we could relax and cruise on. Without further adue, may I present to you the newest addition to the family, a new 2017 Ultra Limited. She is way comfortable, heated grips, cruise, and host of other standard features that make this bike a pleasure to ride. Pictured below was the ride that took us over the break in miles, Pigeon Point Light House on HWY 1. We had a trip planned for this weekend to Monterey but the weather and work required the we reschedule for another time. Many more pics to come as we add to the collection of ride pictures. Love you Busa fam, not going anywhere, just posting pics of the new ride.

pigeon point 2.jpg
pigeon point 1 (2).jpg

I can see this bike eatin up the highway miles, relaxed and jammin to some tunes. I like the built in GPS and media center, blue tooth to the phone, but dont call me as I wont answer. LOL. On a plus side seems more cars move out of the way during the ole lane share, but I admit I am usually easing through traffic anyway and wave on the faster riders.

Nice scoot. Cool thing is you can have adventures on the road without leaving that lounger behind! (you know I had to get one jab in. Lol!) I hear negatives about these bikes but never from someone who owns one. Enjoy!

Very nice bike there. Rented one in Dec and was plesantly suprised how she road...twisties too!
Ride safe,
Troy

She does handle well in the turns, biggest thing is not forgetting the basics. The bars want to turn in the twisties, have to push the bar out and lean! The hardest part about this bike is the weight, 877lbs. Not an issue moving at any speed, but standing still she is a beast. I just have to get used to it.

Nice scoot. Cool thing is you can have adventures on the road without leaving that lounger behind! (you know I had to get one jab in. Lol!) I hear negatives about these bikes but never from someone who owns one. Enjoy!

There are positives and negatives to any bike or type of bike, what are you willing to live with and what makes you happy? No jab here my friend, that is the point of the bike, LOL.:banana:

Yes she would, need to get her out there so I can get a sticker at Deals Gap.

Had mine down there last year and it’s was an absolute blast :super:

Me and a buddy met down there and basically rode Sun up to sun down. The Dragon was definitely a workout slinging that 800 lbs Bagger through the turns! But man on the Cherohala skyway and all those long sweeping scenic roads is my Harley really shined!!!

Had mine down there last year and it’s was an absolute blast :super:

Me and a buddy met down there and basically rode Sun up to sun down. The Dragon was definitely a workout slinging that 800 lbs Bagger through the turns! But man on the Cherohala skyway and all those long sweeping scenic roads is my Harley really shined!!!

I don't see how you didn't grind the floorboards off, lol.

Alot of us have moved on to other bikes...but traded for a Harley!
...and yall are gonna let him stay?!
hahahaha!

Hope the bike treats you well TwoTone!

I don't see how you didn't grind the floorboards off, lol.

Well for starters I swapped out my floorboards for a custom forward control setup. Didn’t care for the standard position of the floorboards @ all. So now I gained a little more ground clearance.

I owned a HD NightRod before my Bagger so I scraped a bunch on that bike initially but after a while I kinda knew where I would and wouldn’t scrape in a turn. Eventually I was able to adapt my riding style and approach on turns to where I would rarely if ever scrape but still be able to hit turns with ease.

Back