Well...this sure was interesting.

PACIFICBUSA

The Shaver Immortal
Donating Member
Registered
I know, I know...wrong forum. Me bad.

Got a quick question, though: got some interesting issues in either fuel delivery or engine performance.

1st gear: Fine until you start running at 6500-7500 rpms at a constant rate.

2nd gear: Same thing

3rd gear: didn't try...that's going a little too fast. No sense getting pulled over tryin to diagnose the problem.

This is not the first time it happened either.
rock.gif
Happened about 2 months ago...2nd gear, throttle consistent in keeping a 6500-7500 rpm range. Cut out, then surged a bit.

Today, kept it in 1st gear, riding at the same rpm range, same thing happened. Engine cuts out, rpms dropped to below 1000. Pulled the clutch in...just in case the engine decided to come back to life a split second after it cut out.

Don't really think I wanted to do another unexpected wheelie past the school zone.

At any rate, mods are as follows:

scorpion slip-ons

removed pair

block-offs (made from pair valve pipes, crushed, grinded over, and sealed with hi-temp epoxy)

16/42 gearing (not sure this is relevant, but throwing it in just in case)

not exactly the marble mod, but have a hose with a screw in it (to plug the open end) along with a tightly clamped clamp on the air box.

blocked off pair valve line on the TBs

Engine has close to 20K miles on it. Prolly somewhere around 17k, although that estimate could be off.

Whaddya think, folks?

I had an issue like this on an older 89 model Duke 851, although it didn't cut out completely, would run to 6.5k rpm then start mssing and all, but turned out to be a voltage regulator. Replaced and all was fine.

Worth a look, IMHO.

cool.gif

I think I've read about this before on here.

Wait for the experts Pac, here have some
lurk.gif

I'm gonna guess bad fuel pump. Bronc3 had an issue with his awhile back. Had pressure but only like 15 lbs. It would just fall on it's face. I guess just something to check.

JohnStein also had an issue that was fuel related. Turned out to be a washer somewhere in pump assembly. Here's a

(Dakkine2 @ Oct. 12 2006,06:40) I'm gonna guess bad fuel pump. Bronc3 had an issue with his awhile back. Had pressure but only like 15 lbs. It would just fall on it's face. I guess just something to check.
+1 on the fuel pump, if your not getting 42psi @ idle the pump is toast...

Pack-a-shaver!

Are you talking bout yer Busa?!?
SHOCKED.gif

Same thing (really similar anyway) mine was doing?
rock.gif

Maybe we both have the same virus?
beerchug.gif

New I should have use the keyboard condom!

(spkerhed @ Oct. 13 2006,20:48) sounds like a fuel issue maybe cloged filter
+1...Hey Pac, what year is your Busa? If its an earlier model you may have injector/tank/fuel pump filter probs. I believe the 02's and up have the revised filter system for just that reason. Its good to see you've been riding that beast but good lol
wink.gif

Back