Well, Revlis Finally Got Nailed by a LEO

Revlis

Re-Recycled, Busa-Less...
Donating Member
Registered
<span style='color:orangered'>AAARRRRRGHHH!!!!  I am SOOO ready to fuggin pull a 180 on my PRO-LEO Stance!!!!!  </span>

Yup, I GOT PULLED OVER AND WRITTEN A ticket because I didn't notice that my Tags on the car are 2 weeks expired!!!   WHOA!  Careful COPPER you certainly caught a law breaker here didn't you!

I mean are my tags 2 weeks outta date? YES,  Is it POSSIBLE I MAY HAVE JUST FUGGIN MISSED IT??? Yeah it is!   Yup, but was I showing intent, were the plates three months expired?  Was I speeding?  Was I driving eratically? NO!!!! NOTHING, MODEL FUGGIN DRIVING!!!!!

WAS THERE NOTHING BETTER FOR YOU TO BE DOING?
rock.gif
?
WTF?
rock.gif

All the way home I see wreckless, aggressive driving, all sorts of illegal poop going on, and this is where this POS decides he is going to make a buck?  FUG HIM, Please let me see this guy on the roads outta uniform...  Spineless little bitch!!!!  

This is the kind of pathetic policy that makes all LEO's look bad, pathetic Money grubbing bullshit!  He's the kind of officer that spends his shift staying the hell away from any real situations, forcing his fellow officers to absorb all the BS/Risky calls...  Soft, soggy, sloppy...  Pathetic... Makes every LEO out there look a little less Golden...

<!--EDIT|Revlis
Reason for Edit: "NOW 43% VENOM FREE!!!!!"|1087268781 -->

rock.gif

That sucks but atleast it wasn't speeding.
tounge.gif
How bad of a fine is it going to be.

That truly blows, Rev! On the bright side, it's not considered a 'moving' violation like speeding, or something along those lines.. as 'pissy' as this is, pay the fine and move on.. it's not worth the anxiety, imho. And it's prolly not going to cost too much, is it?
sad.gif

This sure is bringing back Dejavu.

I think it is the man trying to put us down!!

My wife and I have so many bills, they come in, we pay them, they go out. We have always relied on.. if we owed someone money, they will send us a bill and we send them a check.

Last month I am driving my truck, I get pulled over.... This was like in may... The officer asks me.. do you know why I pulled you over? and I said.. "yes, I was speeding, but as soon as I saw the speed limit sign I slowed down to that speed (it was a construction area and the speed limit had changed).

He replies.. "well that was one reason, but I mainly pulled you over for expired tags" I said "expired tags!!"

My tags had expired the previous October. I had been driving around for like 7 months with expired tags. I had no clue. I never checked my tags. (that is what I get for having too many vehicles)

So anyway, I go home that night and tell my wife we need to figure out a better system for making sure we are checking the tags, so I decide I am going to go out to all the vehicles and make a visual check and note the month they expire and I will put them in my calendar program to remind me when tags are due.

I go out and check the van, guess what!! I call my wife and said you are not going to believe this, and she said "don't tell me the tags are expired on the van!!" and I said, yep, check it out.

The point is, in the last 2 years, I have not received renewal notices from the DMV. two of my vehicles when I checked, they had the incorrect address in their system, the numbers of my street were off by 10

The funny thing is, the address on the most recent registration was correct. So something had happened at the DMV where my address was changed, and it seems I never received the renewal because they didn't have my correct address.

I even proved this to the DMV and they waved the last fees.

Everyone has their fricken hands in our pockets, the oil company's, banks, fricken banks go out of there way to ensure you gave bounced check charges so they can rape you for $20.00 for each returned check. We have had over draft charges reversed because we could prove we had deposited funds in before the account had been over drawn.

Most banks every day process the deductions before the process the credits. They do this to make sure they can nail you for overdraft charges.

City's are hurting for money, hence the amount of tickets being written. I have friends who work for law enforcement, they have flat out told me that... well yeah.. they kind of need to write what tickets they can so the city can make money

And then, if it isn’t bad enough that we are being raped by Oil company’s, banks and local City's and it isn’t bad enough we pay fricken 1/4 of our pay check in taxes, and my annual pay raises haven’t even kept up with the increase in fuel prices.

We have Charity organizations calling and coming by the house left and right trying to get money. I am all for charities and all. But after awhile you feel like crap for not being able to give to everyone, and at the same time frustrated about the pressure TO give to everyone..

Yeah, as I stated in the thread about Bulldozer Man, I can sympathize… I have not been pushed to that edge "yet" and hopefully never will (God willing) but I can totally understand where the guy was coming from. You get to a point where you just get tired of being screwed and pushed around by authority's that seem out of control and are allowed to do what they will.

Oh yeah!! Thank Rev for opening up THOSE old wounds!!!

Where is a fricken armored plated bulldozer when you need one!!!!

Uhhh disclaimer folks… just kidding….. no one needs to report me to he FBI or CIA.. they are probably reading this thread anyway, they will be at my door step before you could contact them anyhow.. lol

Ohhh that rant felt gooood…..
smile.gif

You nailed that one, man... I risk death from all the dirtbag, Jerry Springer guests all over U.S. 19 trying to run me off the road everyday and there is NEVER a cop to be found, and on these backroads where there are 10 cars a day in the middle of nowhere you can't open up the bike 'cause there are pigs everywhere!!!!! Sorry if I offend any worthless pigs who may read this.-I mean police officers.

A lazy as*ed, waiting for my early retirement, government employee who is unwilling to risk anything, try and make a difference or even just do their job? I can hardley believe it.

<!--EDIT|Krieg
Reason for Edit: None given...|1087255884 -->

A lazy as*ed, waiting for my early retirement, government employee who is unwilling to risk anything, try and make a difference or even just do their job? I can hardley believe it.
WAIT...HOLD ON... OH yeah, There it is, the sweet smell of sarcasm...
smile.gif

I don't want this to become a full fledged "Fug The Police" thread. I know lots of LEO's, hell I am related to many. Hell I think I am just close enough that I can recognize the sort of behaviour this Cop displayed... I have seen it before.

What really galled me is the Military Bent he put on it. he saw my ID and credentials and asked me three times if I was in the military and more specifically if i was in the Marines... WTF?
rock.gif
So If I had been a Marine I don't get a $60 fine? BS

Well just to Clarify, most of my friends are in law enforcement either local, county or federal. I have the utmost respect for the field officer, and most law enforcement officers in general. It is the system that is jacked up.

Most police officers are doing what they are told to do. The rookies are the ones that you have the most problems with, because they are following the letter of the law to the T, the police officer that has been on the force for awhile is usually the one that has weeded through the B.S. laws and is tired of screwing with people for no reason. they have gotten over the power trip most rookies are experiencing. But that is ok, it is normal,.any human being that is given any type of power is going to experience some sort of power hunger. Most get over it though.

So I just wanted to clarify, I blame the system and the government regulations that have been passed. Not the people that enforce it.

Just as the issue of military and war, don’t blame the soldier who is doing what they are told to do, and risk being brought up on charges of disobeying a lawful order, or unauthorized absence if they fail to do what they are told or go where they are told.

Too many people blame soldiers and look down upon them, most soldiers don’t have any choice of what they do or where they go. Once you sign the dotted line you’re a$$ belongs to the government.

And the same with Police officers, most of the time when they pull you over (to my knowledge) they have already called it in, that way if some freak shoots them and they are lying on the ground bleeding to death, someone knows where they were last.

And because they called it in and dispatch has a record of it, if they too often pull people over and never write a ticket (cutting the person slack) they are going to get in trouble with their superiors.

And one last parting shot. If someone doesn’t like a law, or think something is a bunch of crap, get involved, start a petition drive, try and get a bill passed. Do something about it.. Run for office..

Make a difference….. I will be the first to admit, I complain once in awhile, but it is more venting than anything.. I always acknowledge, that if I really don’t like something, I have the option to get off my arse and do something about it..

Most of the time however, I am just too busy or too lazy, so I just shut up and keep coloring with my crayons and keep drinking my koolaid
smile.gif

haha.. it's the cops fault cuz you forgot the tags on your car?

i don't follow...

no offense.. i just don't agree...

A couple of weeks ago i went out in the driveway to start my car..25mph limit here, and this pickup screams by at 45 or so..blows though a stopsign..I go to the corner gas station and same truck goes by........Then while sitting at the light an undercover Highway Patrol car sits behind me..and tailgates me for a couple of miles..I move over to the right lane and there he sits..not passing me..Oh well so it is nowday's. Timing is everthing....Got to ride the Busa today..WooHoo...
rock.gif

haha..  it's the cops fault cuz you forgot the tags on your car?

i don't follow...

NO NO NO, That's not the point and I think in my original thread I make that clear. I accept that my tags are 2 weeks out of date. OK Truth be known this is the wifes fault, we got a mail in renewal in the mail about 2 months ago, I passed it along to the wife to pay with the rest of the bills... Apparantly she forget it somehow, but thats not the point.

So NO, it's not me trying to say that my poop doesn't stink. It's just the way it was handled and that the jackass writing the ticket is simply raising money for the county. It's a joke, and makes the cop look like a joke... I get a $60 fine because I missed a deadline by two Weeks?
rock.gif
Where is the help there? How about a "Fix-It" ticket, you know a reminder to get it done or then I have to pay? How about an honest, "Do you know why I pulled you over?" You know, maybe actually fuggin be helpful instead of just an #######? It's not the money, I can give a poop about $60, it's the way it was handled. If my plates were a couple of months outta date I would be OK as well, but NO kiddin, two weeks late and I get a fine?

Oh and I know this sounds bassackwords, but I really do think there might have even been a little bit of racism involved... I know I know, but I got a real serious "I get to stick it to the man" I dunno...

Then the whole thing with "Are you a Marine?" What difference does it make? So I am not a fuggin bullet catcher so now I deserve a ticket? No, I don't think so, obviously he is operating under his own discretion, and he decided that...WHAT, I AM TOO White? I make TOO MUCH, AM I NOT SKEERED ENOUGH? NERVOUS ENOUGH? Seriously this is the impression he gave me... Hell, apparantly Air Force don't get a break...

Like I said Ego, Bullet, you all have heard me slam the shid outta folks who are not taking responsibility for their own speeding or wheelies or whatever, I know the difference, I accept that indeed my tags are expired. But I have a spotless record, nothin in over 10 years, and for this guy to actually go out of his way to pull me for an expired tag during rush hour, in a spotless car, (No super dark Tint etc...) no erratic driving, nothing, it just makes no sense. I think he is irritated that I didn't alter my driving habbits just because he was behind me. Light turned green and away I went, Not flying up there or anything just driving... I think he was pissed cause obviously I could give a poop he was behind me, I think he really was wanting to Flex... Like I said, it's just the way he handled it... It's just lame.

So don't go Fuggin implying that I am not taking responsibility for the damned tags... That isn't my point and I never said it was...

I am writing a letter to Sheriff in the AM, just laying out my concerns, and why this sort of Revenue ticketing does more harm than good... This isn't good relations, it's not fuggin protecting and serving, it's just money grubbing... Bad Policy...

It'll be pissing in the wind, but I'll just take a few moments, and I dunno, maybe get the Sherrif thinking about policy...

Ah well, Don't take offense Bullet, and the rest of you Board LEO's I'm better, I'm over it...

I have no problems with any of the laws and regulations that are out there. I think the system is pretty good. It's there to protect us...I have a problem with the dipshits out there enforcing it....I think the guy cutting everyone off in traffic doing 80 in a 55 deserves a ticket, not the guy doing 60 in a 55 on a backroad. I've had plenty of veteran cops pull me over for my window tint being too dark....I live in Fl.-are you f-ing kidding me? Most the cops in my gym take steroids and would be the first to bust me if they found some in my car. I really don't have much respect for them. Their superiors aren't forcing them to hide out in the woods and mess with poeple for piddly-poop while you can't see one anywhere at major roads and intersections where there's serious poop going on every 5 minutes-sorry too much sugar in my koolade tonight!lol!

haha..  it's the cops fault cuz you forgot the tags on your car?

i don't follow...

NO NO NO, That's not the point and I think in my original thread I make that clear.  I accept that my tags are 2 weeks out of date.  OK Truth be known this is the wifes fault, we got a mail in renewal in the mail about 2 months ago, I passed it along to the wife to pay with the rest of the bills...  Apparantly she forget it somehow, but thats not the point.

So NO, it's not me trying to say that my poop doesn't stink.  It's just the way it was handled and that the jackass writing the ticket is simply raising money for the county.  It's a joke, and makes the cop look like a joke...  I get a $60 fine because I missed a deadline by two Weeks?
rock.gif
 Where is the help there?  How about a "Fix-It" ticket, you know a reminder to get it done or then I have to pay?  How about an honest, "Do you know why I pulled you over?"    You know, maybe actually fuggin be helpful instead of just an #######?  It's not the money, I can give a poop about $60, it's the way it was handled.  If my plates were a couple of months outta date I would be OK as well, but NO kiddin, two weeks late and I get a fine?  

Oh and I know this sounds bassackwords, but I really do think there might have even been a little bit of racism involved...  I know I know, but I got a real serious "I get to stick it to the man"  I dunno...  

Then the whole thing with "Are you a Marine?"  What difference does it make?  So I am not a fuggin bullet catcher so now I deserve a ticket?  No, I don't think so, obviously he is operating under his own discretion, and he decided that...WHAT, I AM TOO White?  I make TOO MUCH, AM I NOT SKEERED ENOUGH?  NERVOUS ENOUGH?  Seriously this is the impression he gave me...  Hell, apparantly Air Force don't get a break...

Like I said Ego, Bullet, you all have heard me slam the shid outta folks who are not taking responsibility for their own  speeding or wheelies or whatever,  I know the difference, I accept that indeed my tags are expired.  But I have a spotless record, nothin in over 10 years, and for this guy to actually go out of his way to pull me for an expired tag during rush hour, in a spotless car, (No super dark Tint etc...)  no erratic driving, nothing, it just makes no sense.  I think he is irritated that I didn't alter my driving habbits just because he was behind me.  Light turned green and away I went, Not flying up there or anything just driving...  I think he was pissed cause obviously I could give a poop he was behind me,   I think he really was wanting to Flex...  Like I said, it's just the way he handled it...  It's just lame.  

So don't go Fuggin implying that I am not taking responsibility for the damned tags...  That isn't my point and I never said it was...

I am writing a letter to Sheriff in the AM, just laying out my concerns, and why this sort of Revenue ticketing does more harm than good...   This isn't good relations, it's not fuggin protecting and serving, it's just money grubbing...  Bad Policy...

It'll be pissing in the wind, but I'll just take a few moments, and I dunno, maybe get the Sherrif thinking about policy...
It's just that I see two sides to your situation. I see yours. Only two weeks out... I also see that you had two months to renew them and avoid the whole thing, bro. If he was a bobo, that's one thing. I can feel ya on that. I just can't feel ya on bein' sour about the "only two weeks out" thing. I think that's what ego was sayin', too.

It's yer basket of eggs, but I don't think I'd stress the "only two weeks out" argument too much, if I even mentioned it in my letter to the Sheriff. I can tell you from experience that the brass will usually dismiss the rest of your concerns if you're upset for gettin' charged with something you were guilty of. They usually assume that you're just mad about gettin' cited and you're tryin' to screw the officer.

If you were mistreated and can articulate how, just don't ruin your hopes of gettin' it across by pushin' the two weeks out point. Trust me, the brass reads that kind of stuff on a regular basis. Maybe daily. Someone got caught out, got a ticket and wants to point out how Mickey Mouse the charge is, and that the officer should have been catchin' real criminals. I'm quite sure all those letters go into the same barrel.
wink.gif

I'm not blastin' ya here, bro, just givin' you another perspective on it. Take it for what it's worth to ya.

Peace...

Nah Bullet, Your Point is well taken... I am not under the illusion of getting anything really done about it. But I do like to think that maybe if enough folks bitch about this sort of goofy assed revenue building that maybe it'll get looked into...

I'm sending them Black Helo's by his place at about 0430...
laugh.gif

Rev... Get your car registation updated. Then go to court. The judge
will then throw it out.

Then seeing as how you don't care about the $60...write me a check!
tounge.gif

<!--EDIT|RaiderDm
Reason for Edit: "962"|1087271891 -->

Rev... Get your car registation updated. Then go to court. The judge
will then throw it out.

Then seeing as how you don't care about the $60...write me a check!
tounge.gif
That was my thought, But according to the stuff I was reading last night, even if I get my registration updated today, it was still outta date at the time of the ticket and I still have to pay my $60. Then say I have to take two hours outta work to go sit in court (Optimistic figure) It will wind up costing me more. So I am feeling kinda stuck Bro...

Not the end of the world, I am heading to the DMV at Lunch today, I'll get my new tags on there and move on, more than likely anyway... I will still prolly type my little letter to the Sheriff...

Back