well my dash quit working today

greyrocket

Registered
i/am heading home on the 08 going about 90 or so and i look down at my gauges speedo says 0 tach is not working. the only thing that works now is my hi/low beam and thats it. no brake lights
wowold.gif
signals fuel gauge but the clock works
dunno.gif
. anybody else have this happen.

no i was takeing it in on tuesday to get inspected to see if it needs to be done. but now its safe to say i need it done.

all I can say is check your fuses, wire connections, broken wires....I am sure you are well aware of that though.

i have the same problem (almost) as my bike came with kilometers (not miles) and one day i noticed that it switched to miles! could figure out how to put it back to KM.
dunno.gif

Mine did the exact same thing a few weeks ago. It was just a blown fuse. Took all of 5 minutes to fix it. The first 4 was spent locating the fuse box.

Grey, Yo-check the problem topic for '08s, I'm on my second 10 amp instrument panel fuse. Rather than regurgitate it all here you can read it about it there. Suffice to say I'm not a happy camper-at frigging all. Also others have thoughts on it too. Its one of the listings under the heading of Important Topics;
"Report Your 2008 Issues Here"

I'm going to get the recall done probably later this month. So until then I have a small bag of 10 amp (red) fuses.

where is the fuse box is it under the seat next to the battery? i pulled the seat off and found a box that was the computer i think. any help would be great

where is the fuse box is it under the seat next to the battery? i pulled the seat off and found a box that was the computer i think. any help would be great
Generally speaking its below the left hand grip area, under the black plastic inner fairing pannel.  Its called the "upper pannel" -(left hand) in the book. You have to take out the black allen head and then pop one of those black plastic fasteners (just north of that allen) out, and wrestle the pannel out. It hooks under part of the left instrument meter pannel. The fuses have a cover that hinges over them. Its on the left, 10 amp, red. Hope this helps...

How many miles have you guys got on your bikes ? Haven't had any problems to this point. Glad you guys are reporting this stuff and Suzuki lurks here :thumbsup:

Back