Well it's official...I leave for Thailand on Dec 22nd

Takeuon

Registered
As some of you know 2009 has been a very difficult, depressing year for me. However the one special bright spot was, I met the greatest, most beautiful woman flying back from St. Louis in April earlier this year. We sat next to each other on the flight back to Raleigh and talked & got to know one another. It turned out she was a Doctor who was doing an internship at UNC Hospital in Chapel Hill.

We have been dating ever since and we both decided it was time to truly test the waters. She agreed to fly me to Thailand and stay with her for 4 months. She'll take care of all expenses as she's not exactly hurting. Who am I to argue right!? Plus I don't have a job worth a sh*t right now, and I have been working on relocating to St. Louis to be closer to my Daughter.
This time in Thailand will be used for me to get in better physical shape, get my head straight and focus my energy on having a positive 2010. And to see where our relationship might go. So with-in 60 days of my return things are already in motion for me to move to St. Louis. *Look forward to finally riding w/ Dennis and the rest of the MO & IL crew :cheerleader:

We will do at least two full months of traveling, which will include Phuket Thailand for 2 weeks, Hong Kong 2 weeks, Singapore 2 weeks and possibly Tokyo. :woot:
This will be my 1st time ever out of the States, so I will be sure to take a lot of pics for everyone and share them along the way.

I will still be online & posting when I can, only thing is the 12hr time difference! That will take some getting used to. But at least I know I can count on DadOfThree to be online :poke: :laugh:

My unconfirmed return date is in April, a week before the Spring Bash. :laugh: Not going to miss that this year! Already reserved @ the Phillips Sun-Sun :thumbsup:

Keep in touch Y'all

passport.jpg

Last edited:
wow, sounds like exciting times ahead. Best of luck and God bless!
P.S. Guess telling you about the "happy" places in Thailand is out of the question since you will be with your honey :) But just in case you swing by Pattaya, I know some good places to hang out (though Phuket is not too shabby either)

Last edited:
I wish you the best of luck. Take LOTS and LOTS of pictures! I don't think we need to worry about you being sold as a sex slave when you get there :moon:

Enjoy the experience and seeing the world. It's a lot bigger than most people think.

:beerchug:

I am very glad to hear things are looking up bro. Let me know when you get back to NC so we can go for a ride before you head west.

wow, sounds like exciting times ahead. Best of luck and God bless!
P.S. Guess telling you about the "happy" places in Thailand is out of the question since you will be with your honey :)

:lol: I'm fully aware of the famous "happy massage" parlors :whistle:

I wish you the best of luck. Take LOTS and LOTS of pictures! I don't think we need to worry about you being sold as a sex slave when you get there :moon:

Enjoy the experience and seeing the world. It's a lot bigger than most people think.

Thanks PandaNin!

Back at ya... :moon:

:laugh:

This is one of the best stories I have read today. This is outstanding for both of you. The time away from everyone but each other will be one of the best times to learn more about each other.

You have some great places you will be traveling to... Godspeed to both of you and have a Very Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!!!:thumbsup:

I am very glad to hear things are looking up bro. Let me know when you get back to NC so we can go for a ride before you head west.

Definitely!

This is one of the best stories I have read today. This is outstanding for both of you. The time away from everyone but each other will be one of the best times to learn more about each other.

You have some great places you will be traveling to... Godspeed to both of you and have a Very Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!!!:thumbsup:

Much appreciated Eric. I'm very excited! :colgate:

Awesome! Congratulations! :cheerleader:

So if it does work out when you head back in 4 months she will becoming with you and getting a job in St. Louis?

Awesome! Congratulations! :cheerleader:

So if it does work out when you head back in 4 months she will becoming with you and getting a job in St. Louis?

She will begin to take the exam that will allow her to practice here in the States on Feb1st. This exam will take approx a year to complete :unhappy:
But once she has completed it, she will then start to send out her resume and begin to field incoming offers.
St. Louis is our 1st hope of course :please: But for a year or two, she may have to take an offer where it best suits her field of work you know.
But the plan is to stay as close to St. Louis as possible. Chicago is a viable option as well.

Have a great trip, Brian. Saw your photo, now I see what you mean:
Yeah, I do have more hair!:rofl:

congrats man! my favorite place i ever went was bangkok, if you get a chance take the train to chang mai, it is an amazing time and an unreal adventure. singapore was very cool, visit the raffels hotel long bar! home of the singapore sling! and have some soup at the marriot! be safe and hopefully you will make it up to chicago area sometime after you move!

Have a great trip, Brian. Saw your photo, now I see what you mean:
Yeah, I do have more hair!:rofl:

:laugh: :moon: :laugh:

congrats man! my favorite place i ever went was bangkok, if you get a chance take the train to chang mai, it is an amazing time and an unreal adventure. singapore was very cool, visit the raffels hotel long bar! home of the singapore sling! and have some soup at the marriot! be safe and hopefully you will make it up to chicago area sometime after you move!

Great tips Mike! We'll def look into those places :thumbsup:

Congrats and Good Luck!:thumbsup:

Thanks Heather

:thumbsup: Enjoy the opportunity to experience other cultures!

What is her specialty?

DUDE! ENJOY IT!!!! you deserve it. plus sounds like a good deal. Ive been in all those countries, and the experiences are awesome!!!! Dont go to Pataya though...not that I would know anything of that place....

Back