well, its official...heading to houston for debriefing

boazalmighty

Purple Rain - Dino
Donating Member
Registered
got my Itnarery details reguarding my new job thru KBR. flying down to texas on the 29th.
I've done this before and it was pretty rough. 2nd time around should be much better.
I got a call from a recuiter* a couple of month ago about some positions that 'became' open over in Iraq or that other sandbox.
i thought about it for a month and said ok only if its in Iraq. They would not disclosed the base but they are all similiar. I'd rather go to camp anaconda but got to be 'fluid'.
I will be working on the convoys that go in and around Iraq. Helping the mission. Im pretty sure they are moving alot of 'T-walls' lately and relocating some of the smaller bases.
I gave my 2 weeks noticed from this really good (pud) job ive been at for 2 years. I want to stay in good graces incase i come back sooner than planned.
I really im looking foward to travel and my R&Rs. I Will be heading to my home town in Israel and visit my sisters and many friends, than to some far east countries and renting the 1st busa i see and taking a huge road trip(done it twice before in thailand)

thought I'd keep you guys posted.
I am very anxious to get this advanture going with.

I hope there isnt a firewall on the bases internet that block this forum.
I would be awesome if i could still check in here from time to time as a 'get-away'. I know last time i couldnt.

Good luck! guessing you know what you are doing :) you can drop the busa here while gone :)

good luck my buddy just flew to houston last sunday to go to work for kbr in the box. him and his dad drive truck over there.

are you driving or mechanic or what?...

i thought about going over there but my company is sending me to nv this weekend for some work so ill take nv over iraq any day:laugh:

OH... working for RICHARDICK? KBR

Kick Back and Relax.. what they call it in the TAR SANDS:laugh:

Last edited:
keep your head down bro and we'll be ready to roll when you get back :beerchug:

p.s. if you need someone to start Barney up every once in a while during your tour, you know where i live :thumbsup:

I dont have to tell you this,but when you go "home" dont let them stamp your passport,it can and will cause you travel problems in the region.Take care and get back home.

Back