Well, its been a long summer installing, waiting, installing, and waiting...pics

merisey

Donating Member
Registered
So I saved up a bunch of mods over the last off season. By the time I got everything installed I had to wait for the extra body to get back from paint. Then... I discovered the oil leak that ended my summer (don't go to MPH in Oh if you expect quick turn around). Well a entire new top end later and a little extra umph. I figured I would post up some pics of her.
the upgrades this season new marker lights front and rear, switchbacks, Hi/Low HID with timer, New paint, supersprox and chain, new speed rotor (broke installing sprocket), new stator cover, new screen, carbon ram air covers, roadlok, res caps and levers... I think thats it.

ry%3D400.jpg

ry%3D400.jpg

ry%3D400.jpg

ry%3D400.jpg

ry%3D400.jpg

ry%3D400.jpg

ry%3D400.jpg

in the last pic you can see a little of the red pearl. Also new pads and a new headlight. I'm not sure if the engine was ever at full power. After getting it back I cracked the throttle and got the surprise of my life.

Sweet! Looks stealthy! Really like the CF inners!

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk

in the last pic you can see a little of the red pearl. Also new pads and a new headlight. I'm not sure if the engine was ever at full power. After getting it back I cracked the throttle and got the surprise of my life.

From memory the black '07 had the same.

Not sure about the color temp, but they are bright. I can see the light cross things in daylight. The ballasts have no info on them. When I bought the headlight it was shipped w the hid's, I just had to call back and have them send the ballasts.
i'm not sure about the color actually. I took the black paint code from the 02 black/blue but had him sub red pearl instead of blue.

Thanks for all of the kind comments!:bowdown:

I actually noticed the res. cap as I uploaded the picture. Key chains stay in pocket (I was just firing the HID). And the switch backs are easy to install! I ended up going with the 60's off of ebay.

So when doing the switcbacks, which ones did you get??The busa takes a 1156 bulb right??The 1157 is a dual element right, so how do you wire in the driving light or do you have to do any wiring??

Just buy rear signal sockets for a busa (ideal because they plug right into the front signal housing. or 1157 sockets from a parts store and run the extra wire to a ignition switched hot wire.

Well thats what I thought.You needed an extra wire to power up those lights.Will the 1157 sockets fit or is there some modding needed to the housing??I think I may just do it myself and save some money.

Back