Well it was bound to happen

The fact that it felt like you were hit by a baseball, you were very slightly envenomated by most likely a Copperhead.

"Copperheads often employ a "warning bite" when stepped on or agitated and inject a relatively small amount of venom, if any at all. "Dry bites" involving no venom are particularly common with the copperhead, though all pit vipers are capable of a dry bite. "

Cottonmouth's, Water Moccasins, are not that aggressive, they will NOT chase you. Different strokes for different folks, they get their name by employing the defensive strategy of showing the cotton-white mouths to predators in an effort to say HEY, BACK OFF...

The amount of hatred and misinformation about snakes in the south east is simply baffling, amazing even :whistle:

Glad you are okay bro. I just don't care for them my self. I have friends who have them as pets. To each is own I say.

that sucks i was cleanin out some old 55 gal drums like 10yrs ago picked one up the bottom fell out along with a rattle snake nest like 10 babies in it one tagged me on the way down right on the calf i thought it was ok since it was a baby but turns out babies are worse no venom control the just dump the whole load was walking back to the house (another great idea) leg started throbbing hospital was 30min away dont remember anything after that woke up with my calf the size of my thigh :thumbsup: good times

Dang... I know we laugh and joke together about it but it's not funny when you have gotten bit---very sorry to hear about that and I'm glad it seems to be ok... I always worry about them when outside working around the woods and yard but I can see why you have such a phobia with them since your job puts you in direct contact with them everyday... I think my nerves would be about shot after getting bit....

You're right...it's bound to happen.

Scary for certain!

Back