Well I think this just ruined my day.... 2012

i saw a quick preview on TV..it just looks SOO bad.. ill watch your trailer later tonight.
The idea behind 2012 is just like any other end of the world movies. its been done so many times.

Wow, so many certain death moments averted in a 5 minute period...

I'll probably go see it :)

And to think of all the hoopla over Rio winning the 2016 Olympics...we will not even be here to enjoy them...

my fav part is when he says "the guys an actor hes reading a script when they tell you not to panic thats when you run" then they show Arnold doing his speech lol.... like I said I dont believe this day will be any different then any other but wow they sure do have the scare tactics down with this movie

my fav part is when he says "the guys an actor hes reading a script when they tell you not to panic thats when you run" then they show Arnold doing his speech lol.... like I said I dont believe this day will be any different then any other but wow they sure do have the scare tactics down with this movie

It might be just like any other day.

However i think it is worth noting more than a few ancient civilizations predicted the end of the world as we know it on 2012.

and I think current scientists have stated there will be a planetary allignment as never seen before in 2012 and they are not sure how the combined gravitational forces of all planets allinging will effect our planet.

Heck the moon's gravitational forces alone have effects on our oceans, no telling what will have when all the planets allign in such a way where the gravitational force of each planet can effect changes on the planets next to it.

Or as said, could be just another day with a little higher tides than normal :thumbsup:

Wow, that's amazing. Thank God they had an airplane to escape in.

But the whole premise is unrealistic. As a pilot, let me lay out how it really works starting with your arrival at the airport:

Find your gate key or punch in your number code - 10 seconds
Wait for the gate to open - 30 seconds
Wait for the gate to close behind you - 20 seconds
Drive to the hangar - 2.5 minutes
Unlock the hangar and open the doors - 1.5 minutes
Remove wheel chocks, any ropes, miscellaneous covers on the plane - 2 minutes
Pull airplane out of hangar - 1.5 minutes
Check fuel - 1 minute
Find phone number and call fuel truck - 1.5 minutes
Wait for fuel truck - 15 minutes
Fuel plane - 8 minutes
Drain fuel / water check - 1 minutes
Pre-taxi checks, start engines - 1.5 minutes
Listen to ATIS - 1 minute
Call ground control, get taxi clearance - 1 minute
Taxi to runway - 2 minutes
Call tower for takeoff clearance - 1 minute
Take off - well, that was in the movie, plus engine temps and pressures should be up and checked already

Already we're over 40 minutes.

And that was skipping bullsh!tt1ng with the guys in the terminal, putting air in the tires, performing a standard preflight check, doing engine runups, or lots of other things.

See? That whole movie is simply ridiculous just based on an analysis of using an airplane to escape disaster.

Sheesh, they should have at least talked to a pilot before putting that crap on film! :rofl:

Well, you know...being a movie and all :laugh:

They'll probably land at a regular gas station and fill up too~!~ :rofl:

Back