Well I guess it my turn

Max Speed

Registered
So I clean my baby a 2000 red and silver and I stand back and think... wow is she a great looker.... Back it out of the garage and turn to the left. I have done this hundreds of times on my gravel driveway on a slight hill. Over I go onto the right side and mess up the lower faring big time... In all my years of riding this is my first time causing damage to my bike... My question is this... what kind of price am I looking at here to fix this? Where is the best place to buy a stock faring painted at a good price? Guess Im very lucky it is only the one faring and the edge of the mirror... It would be a Sunday so I cant call the dealer and get a price...

Sorry to hear about the mishap, but don't feel alone. I did exactly the same thing while moving my bike in the garage a couple of wekends ago. Fell on the right side. Because of the smooth finish on my garage floor, there wasn't much damage.

I'd start looking on eBay for the parts. I bought a new stock replacement mirror on eBay. Oh, and a set of frame sliders too!
biggrin.gif

Several of us had similar incidents - mine was due to the STOOPID side stand. Anyway, a painted, stickered, lower fairing will cost a bit over $400.

Some of the guys here will tell you to keep your money and save for a custom paint job! Your call...

So far the Busa hasn't fallen over but I've done the same thing with other bikes. It all started years ago when I moved my Dads Honda CB750 in the garage. I walked away and BOOM, over it went
sad.gif
Garage Gremlins.

Everytime I get off the Busa, I look at the kickstand, rock the bike around, check the lean angle, etc. It must look like I have a compulsive disorder.

Sorry to hear Max S. Have not heard from you in ages it seems. I to am like FL-K when parking.
So now i park it on a downhill, in neutral, handlebars full lock to the right. NOT
biggrin.gif

If you decide to replace the fairing, give partsdepot245 a try.
They have an ebay store. Here is the link. Even if you don't see your particular year/color combo, give them a call. They probably can get it a lot cheaper than the dealer.

That's a bad feeling when you see your baby on it's side, I've seen the "undercarriage" of my busa while standing up in my grass and never want to see it like that again!

Sorry to hear about the mishap!
biggrin.gif

So I clean my baby a 2000 red and silver and I stand back and think... wow is she a great looker.... Back it out of the garage and turn to the left. I have done this hundreds of times on my gravel driveway on a slight hill. Over I go onto the right side and mess up the lower faring big time... In all my years of riding this is my first time causing damage to my bike... My question is this... what kind of price am I looking at here to fix this? Where is the best place to buy a stock faring painted at a good price? Guess Im very lucky it is only the one faring and the edge of the mirror... It would be a Sunday so I cant call the dealer and get a price...
Damn sorry to hear of your pain......

Not much of a consolation , happens to the best of us..
down.gif

Bummer!!! Could have happened to any of us!!! Things happen so fast and unexpectantly!!! I've come close a few times!!!

So I clean my baby a 2000 red and silver and I stand back and think... wow is she a great looker....  Back it out of the garage and turn to the left.  I have done this hundreds of times on my gravel driveway on a slight hill.  Over I go onto the right side and mess up the lower faring big time...  In all my years of riding this is my first time causing damage to my bike... My question is this... what kind of price am I looking at here to fix this? Where is the best place to buy a stock faring painted at a good price? Guess Im very lucky it is only the one faring and the edge of the mirror... It would be a Sunday so I cant call the dealer and get a price...
Boy, oh boy, Max. Sorry to hear, man.
sad.gif

So I clean my baby a 2000 red and silver and I stand back and think... wow is she a great looker....  Back it out of the garage and turn to the left.  I have done this hundreds of times on my gravel driveway on a slight hill.  Over I go onto the right side and mess up the lower faring big time...  In all my years of riding this is my first time causing damage to my bike... My question is this... what kind of price am I looking at here to fix this? Where is the best place to buy a stock faring painted at a good price? Guess Im very lucky it is only the one faring and the edge of the mirror... It would be a Sunday so I cant call the dealer and get a price...
down.gif

down.gif

down.gif

down.gif

down.gif

Well today I got my new lower faring from the dealer to the tune of just under $500.00 and my baby is back to looking as good as new. For the price its a perfect match..(better be!) now the only thing left is the mirror with the scratches on the edge of it... Thanks guys for all the ideas some I have book marked but I hope I never have to use... Thing is now Sue has seen how bent I got when the Busa got a little scuffed she said she will have to think about it before she rides it anymore. I told her she has the skills to ride it and not to worry about it.. She rides a 2000 Bandit 1200S and has never put that down.. She looks so good on the Busa.. I will have to work on her a little....

Wife_Sue_on_my_2000_Busa.jpg

NO!!!!!!!!!!!!! ahhhhh dang dude!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! haven't heard from ya in ages and now this!!!!!!!!!!! If you need a perfect stock can, I'll send it to you free of charge if yours is scratched. And tell Sue she's as cute as ever!! Now tell her to let them sexy straps drop just a little bit in that pic!
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

and if anyone ever needs some help putting a dang headlight back together.......Max is your man!!!!
smile.gif
smile.gif

biggrin.gif

smile.gif

And tell Sue she's as cute as ever!! Now tell her to let them sexy straps drop just a little bit in that pic!
[/QUOTE] LOL yep they did right after that picture but I got distracted and never took the picture...
cool.gif
I get distracted so easy....

Back