Well, guess I am ready.

twotonevert

Member of P.E.A.
Donating Member
Registered
Just finished changing the oil, got the new tires mounted up this past weekend. Just finished a test ride, no vibrations, no leaks, everything works. The only thing that scares me is I put an oem filter back on it and its a little smaller than the k&n I put on it last time. I got it as tight as I could get it by hand, and I never ever ever like tightening the drain plug. :laugh: Just need to clean and lube the chain and I will be ready to roll out with Cap next Tuesday to head for Robbinsville.

Oh, and for inquiring minds, I put on Dunlop Q-2's, and changed the oil to Mobil One full synthetic Racing oil for motorcycles. There is a definite difference from the dino oil I put in last time. Shifts are more a click than a clunk if that makes sense.

May your travels be safe and easy:please:.....Fair skies and tailwinds, Sir!

Sounds like you're good to go. Ride safe and we'll see you next week! :thumbsup:

Look forward to seeing you and Doug..... Twotone! I am almost ready like you are. Just got to pre pack and make sure I got everything I need.

Happy to hear it, lookin forward to meeting you, tho your likely dreading meeting that Frog guy:laugh:

woohoo, glad to hear you're ready...only 8 days from today :beerchug:

Thanks Daniel, looking forward to it. Tim, I have not even begun to figure out how I am going to pack for two, for a weeks trip. Should be interesting. Frog, I will be keeping my eye on you. :laugh: Semi, see you in or around Memphis next Tuesday! :cheerleader:

From Memphis, did you guys decide to take 72 across Alabama or are you going to stay on the interstate up through Nashville?

Thanks Daniel, looking forward to it. Tim, I have not even begun to figure out how I am going to pack for two, for a weeks trip. Should be interesting. Frog, I will be keeping my eye on you. :laugh: Semi, see you in or around Memphis next Tuesday! :cheerleader:

From Memphis, did you guys decide to take 72 across Alabama or are you going to stay on the interstate up through Nashville?

we still have 8 days, we haven't even talked about where and when we are going to meet up yet :laugh: that's the great thing about all of us having GPS, cell phones, etc. on the bikes...we can travel, communicate, and find each other at any point with just the push of a couple buttons...it will probably depend on how everyone feels and weather conditions but my vote if all else is equal is to take 72 and see some countryside...i hate the slab unless i'm trying to get somewhere as quickly as possible...the Bash starts for me as soon as i meet any other member and we start riding :beerchug:

I dont think we have got that far ahead yet, we may just wing it. Getting to Robbinsville from Memphis will the the longest of the two days.

Memphis/Robbinsville is a LONG ride. Stop in Nashville and I'll buy you guys lunch you are going within 2 miles of me.

Wishing you a fair weather ride!

We'll miss YOU too Dawn :heart-break: and maybe even that husband of yours a little :)

Back