Well everyone..Lesson learned.

Why in the blue "F" would you leave a firearm in your vehicle overnight? I can understand if it was a mistake as in you forgot it was in there but it sounds like you knew and expected it to be in there the next morning. What a perfect excuse for a common car burglar who has ambition to decide to go from a petty criminal to a armed robber or worse. If you dont have a CHL get one. If you cant get one you shouldnt have a gun in your rig. If you have one and you left your gun in your rig you have broken one of the cardinal sins for chl holders. Unfortunately you just allowed someone who has no regard for property or possibly people to run around with a deadly weapon. Bad news bro. I seriously hope nothing happens with that weapon.

I have left a gun in my truck at home, woke up in the middle of the night and ran to the truck to get the gun. I hated that. Sometimes when one goes into an establishment and can`t carry, the gun is left in the truck/car. If you are not thinking of the gun it might spend the night alone, without the one that loves it.

Trust me, I feel like crap that this happened..I didn't think anything like this would happen.My gun was in no means in plain site, it was in my center console under my towel. Now, all I can think about is that my gun is out there and could potentially hurt someone, including me. I mean,hell, I could come home and get held up with my own damn gun. We just moved into this "quiet" neighborhood, and I am already trying to find ways for better home protection since this happened... I hate feeling like someone is watching me, waiting on me. For all I know,its my new neighbor. :down:

I had a detective call me today saying there have been multiple breakins recently with the same results in a stolen firearm only...I didnt ask the areas they were taken from, but he is in the same county as myself. Sad that this is happening..:(

Park you car at night where you can see it.
Take a rifle bag from home (the bait) slam door on way out, scream to wife loudly I'll be right back, walk slowly out to car, place bag in car and then return inside and wait.......watch......pounce and......

If you are going to leave a handgun in your car, you'd better find a better spot to hide it than the glovebox. A thief will not have enough time to destroy your truck looking for it *unless he's SURE that you leave one in it regularly and sees you do it*. I have become pretty inventive at finding hiding spots for handguns in vehicles. In your case, even locking it might have been sufficient. I wouldn't care about the insurance, but I'd REALLY care if it were used in a crime and brought harm to an innocent...

Hate to say this but my guess is someone you knew, that knew you had the firearm in your truck, either stole it or told someone else that you had the firearm in your truck. I base this off the fact that nothing was stolen or really messed with according to you. :(

Tell that to the police. Every officer I know marked or not unit leaves weapons in their vehicle. Yeah ok so to be safe and make sure my console pistol doesn't get stolen out of my car I'm gonna go to and fro unarmed. I will and have already taken the risk into account and I will still take it with me and leave it in the car when I have to. I guess you've never had to go to court, the post office, a rock concert, nfl football game and any of a million other places where you couldn't carry it inside and left it in the car because you left it at home, right? Or you smuggled it thru metal detectors at the Buffet concert? Maybe you don't remember the Leva Thutty Thutty in Granpas back window in the truck either? Criminal? Get real. Folks leave guns in their cars ALL the time.
As I said...I assumed you wouldn't like it. I wouldn't either if I left my weapons in my car for anyone to take at will as you do. You can throw all the smoke and mirrors you want Blanca, and I don't care about the number of idiot policeman you "know" who leave their weapons in an unattended vehicle, I stand by my assertion: ANYONE who can legitimately buy a gun has a responsibility to do all they can to make sure that weapon does not end up in the hands of a criminal. Otherwise you are part of the problem.

I have left a gun in my truck at home, woke up in the middle of the night and ran to the truck to get the gun. I hated that. Sometimes when one goes into an establishment and can`t carry, the gun is left in the truck/car. If you are not thinking of the gun it might spend the night alone, without the one that loves it.

Im not saying I haven't done that. I have remembered in the middle of the night after hunting and brought my rifle in. Ive also had to leave it under the seat a few times. Im never comfortable doing that and would never intentionally leave it in a vehicle for an extended period. Case in point on Sunday our Sherriff came to my house and said a guy who had been burglarizing the area was finally caught and had been stashing stuff in the woods right behind my property. Theres been a series of bad break in's in our area over the last few years but I've been pretty lucky so far. Or maybe they have been pretty lucky to not come to my place, probably that. Anyway theres not much in our vehicles overnight but my neighbor has had his wallet stolen from his truck twice and it's possible that someone has been in mine too. Good thing I don't keep firearms in them.

As I said...I assumed you wouldn't like it. I wouldn't either if I left my weapons in my car for anyone to take at will as you do. You can throw all the smoke and mirrors you want Blanca, and I don't care about the number of idiot policeman you "know" who leave their weapons in an unattended vehicle, I stand by my assertion: ANYONE who can legitimately buy a gun has a responsibility to do all they can to make sure that weapon does not end up in the hands of a criminal. Otherwise you are part of the problem.

Since you totally ignored my point ill ask you bluntly.
When going somewhere where you already know your Edc (everyday carry) cannot go do you leave it home or in the car?
My guess is you do what you criticize others for.

I bet no one would try and justify their idiotic actions if one of their own guns killed a family member after it was stolen from their unattended car and i cant understand the logic of why would you take something with you to a venue that will not allow you to take in jsut to leave it in the car.
I had a friend from Texas who had this happen to him with his nephew and although the little bastrd didn't die the whole family went into shaite mode and it destroyed them cause of his slack firearm storage habits,sad.
If,as Blanca is saying,this is something cops do than my sympathy towards them when they get shot on the job will diminish rapidly because as you all can read it seems to have a domino affect of dangerous stupidity making "some"think that its ok cause the ahole in the uniform does it,a monkey see monkey do scenario which more than likely will end tragically at some point down the line.

I can't take my pistol in with me to work and I'm sure most of my customers would not like it if I carried in there office buildings. For this reason, I keep one in my truck during the day. I have a special little spot for it that would make it hard to find yet easy for me to get to in an emergency. It comes inside with me at night and gets put into my safe....any other time its in my truck, there if I ever need it. I would hate for it to get stolen but it would take someone who specify knows about to find it. Hell will freeze over before I quit doing it too.... the last thing I want is to be out with my family and not be able to protect them.

I can't take my pistol in with me to work and I'm sure most of my customers would not like it if I carried in there office buildings. For this reason, I keep one in my truck during the day. I have a special little spot for it that would make it hard to find yet easy for me to get to in an emergency. It comes inside with me at night and gets put into my safe....any other time its in my truck, there if I ever need it. I would hate for it to get stolen but it would take someone who specify knows about to find it. Hell will freeze over before I quit doing it too.... the last thing I want is to be out with my family and not be able to protect them.

I can appreciate what your saying but without sounding rude you are assuming that you will have time to walk out,grab your firearm and walk back….. i would have expired everyone in front of me by the time you say muzzle flash let alone the time for you to get back while the pandemonium is going on.Please understand that im all for owning,carrying,fixing,loving adoring and getting a big woody for guns,what im against is dangerous storage habits and the dumb ass law that allows it.

I bet no one would try and justify their idiotic actions if one of their own guns killed a family member after it was stolen from their unattended car and i cant understand the logic of why would you take something with you to a venue that will not allow you to take in jsut to leave it in the car.
I had a friend from Texas who had this happen to him with his nephew and although the little bastrd didn't die the whole family went into shaite mode and it destroyed them cause of his slack firearm storage habits,sad.
If,as Blanca is saying,this is something cops do than my sympathy towards them when they get shot on the job will diminish rapidly because as you all can read it seems to have a domino affect of dangerous stupidity making "some"think that its ok cause the ahole in the uniform does it,a monkey see monkey do scenario which more than likely will end tragically at some point down the line.

I answered your question two posts ago. Sometimes I drive over an hour to Miami to see concerts, heat games, Fin games or to similar. SoFla is the Wild West. I am not going out unprotected. I already know I can't take it in the aforementioned events so I leave it in my car. Many many many officers leave their carbines in their trunks. Now of course the chances of a gun getting stolen from a cop car are much less than mine but I only used it as an example.
From everything to face eating zombies, MS13 Machete murderers and other bad things SoFla is just not the place to get caught with your pants down. Yes it will bother me very much, but it is no different than anyone here who has guns in their home that aren't locked in a huge safe. As you keep them in your closet and criticize others for leaving them in their car makes no sense. Calculated risk which I will take and have taken for more than two decades. Lastly I would venture to say more guns are stolen from homes than from cars. So we are really arguing over a silly point.

But to make everyone happy I have been in process of having a custom lock box with slide out drawer made for my trunk to keep the bag in.
Odyssey Weapons Security

I can appreciate what your saying but without sounding rude you are assuming that you will have time to walk out,grab your firearm and walk back….. i would have expired everyone in front of me by the time you say muzzle flash let alone the time for you to get back while the pandemonium is going on.Please understand that im all for owning,carrying,fixing,loving adoring and getting a big woody for guns,what im against is dangerous storage habits and the dumb ass law that allows it.

I leave it in my truck so I can use it when I'm in my truck in shady areas of town, or at gas stations at night. I take into buildings that allow and leave it in my truck when I can't. I was robbed last year at a gas station in a crappy part of town. IT WON'T HAPPEN AGAIN.

I leave it in my truck so I can use it when I'm in my truck in shady areas of town, or at gas stations at night. I take into buildings that allow and leave it in my truck when I can't. I was robbed last year at a gas station in a crappy part of town. IT WON'T HAPPEN AGAIN.

You were bodily robbed? I hope not.

It was 3 dudes with bats and knifes. They took something like $700 worth of cash I had taken out of the bank to buy Christmas presents but did not harm me. Next time I will be keeping my cash and they'll be running away with a fully loaded pair of pants..... That, or they continue to press forward and end up with lead poisoning.

It was 3 dudes with bats and knifes. They took something like $700 worth of cash I had taken out of the bank to buy Christmas presents but did not harm me. Next time I will be keeping my cash and they'll be running away with a fully loaded pair of pants..... That, or they continue to press forward and end up with lead poisoning.

Im a little speechless here. Obviously you looked like a easy target or they have no respect for the consequences. The consequences of three "dudes" with baseball bats and knives trying to rob me would be three dudes being buried in a few days. I dont know if it's the way I carry myself or something else but Ive never had that type of disrespect projected my way in public and Im not a large guy. Those guys got away with that and are probably emboldened because of it. I hope they try to rob someone like me, that would be three less vermin on the face of the earth.

Im a little speechless here. Obviously you looked like a easy target or they have no respect for the consequences. The consequences of three "dudes" with baseball bats and knives trying to rob me would be three dudes being buried in a few days. I dont know if it's the way I carry myself or something else but Ive never had that type of disrespect projected my way in public and Im not a large guy. Those guys got away with that and are probably emboldened because of it. I hope they try to rob someone like me, that would be three less vermin on the face of the earth.

Easy target or not, some people just dont care. I had 3 guys get off their motorcycles to threaten me because i got in front of their "posse" during bike week. Im 6'3" 350 and I wouldnt say im an easy target but yet, they had the balls to threaten me for something stupid. After that incident is when i got my ccw permit.

at 6'-2'' and 250lb I'm no easy target...that being said, it was my own fault and I made myself an easy target by being lazy and letting my guard down. I didn't fill up when I should have (the lazy part) didn't give the cash to my wife the night before (more laziness) used a gas station in a crappy part of town in the dark, AND parked at the one pump on the side of the building. I had my back turned cleaning out my car...by the time I saw them coming it was too late, they had me pined up against my truck... It was all my fault and a wake up reminder for me; I used it as a teaching lesson for my wife. The police said I was the 3rd person they had robbed in the area in the past month. So far they haven't been caught either

Back