Well crap, left fork is leaking

twotonevert

Member of P.E.A.
Donating Member
Registered
Not sure what caused it, rode up to San Ramon a few weeks ago and she was fine. Parked it at home in Tehachapi and noticed oil on the floor. Thought it was a brake caliper but nope, sure enough the fork seal is leaking. I am going to pull the dust seal and see if I can clean it out, otherwise looks like I am looking at a fork rebuild.

Ahhh a 2 hour job,, i have the parts in stock. But your too far away

Not sure what caused it, rode up to San Ramon a few weeks ago and she was fine. Parked it at home in Tehachapi and noticed oil on the floor. Thought it was a brake caliper but nope, sure enough the fork seal is leaking. I am going to pull the dust seal and see if I can clean it out, otherwise looks like I am looking at a fork rebuild.

You are not rebuilding the fork with a simple service of changing the oil and replacing the seal. Since fork oil wears out just like engine oil, fork oil should be changed every 2-3 years anyway.

Happened to me too . Left fork leaking. Rebuilding is the way forward.Going to Change the viscosity of the oil a bit to see if it performs any different.

Going to build a set today, in a few minutes,
Take em off and send them my way 2 days to me, one day here 2 days back to you. And cheaper than the dealer, for stock.

Back