Well boys I didnt last as long as I'd hoped.

Blacksmith

Registered
I went down tonight. Wasnt fast, not even 60, but my rear tire slid out like I hit an oily patch or something. I've been feeling like the rear tire was hard on the sides and looking at what to replace it with and tonight it kicked out on me twice. The second time I couldn't hold her up. Pashence is banged up pretty bad all the plastic is trashed but none of the steel except the passenger grab bar and the stator cover got touched. My equipment held up great I'm very satisfied with my jacket and gloves, jacket is ruined but gloves look new and both hands are sore as hell so I know the gloves earned their money. My helmet is scratched bad but not ground down to much so idk if I need to replace it not just replace the visor. I do wish i could've found some riding jeans that fit over the weekend though cause my jacket rode up and I got rashed on the left side of my low back. I had on a brand new pair of Buckle jeans (they're just for looks no protection) but I'm amazed at well they stood up.

None of bike yet it wa raining by tnr time the rollback got her home

20190806_230628.jpg

20190806_230637.jpg

20190806_230651.jpg

20190806_230724.jpg

I just hope she's not totaled, I got a good deal but I've only been paying in her for a few months shook idk what the value vs cost is gonna be. At least the tow truck driver is a biker too and backed me up that speed wasnt a factor

Sorry to hear and glad your injuries are minor. You say you’re making payments, so full coverage insurance is in place to cover the bike I would assume. That may include some gear coverage depending on your policy. Replace the helmet.

Man , sorry to see this mate , sounds like you did get lucky injury wise but . Definitely junk that helmet , and get yourself some Draggin jeans or something similar when you can . Go for the highest safety rating they make as you can , with whatever company you chose . Even a good zip together set of leathers ( 2 piece setup ) might be a good investment one day bro , you could wear part setup with kevlar jeans , and full leathers when you are fast riding your bike once again .
Hope you get a good outcome for either your bike fixed or new steed . Be sure to keep us posted .

Yup as others stated new lid and all new gear. Dont even wear the gloves again. Once they have been down they have been stressed. The fail point has been lowered drastically. Glad your in one peice! Welcome to the club...aka those who have been down.

Thanks guys, yeah I've got full coverage. I'll replace the helmet then abs toy can very ill have riding jeans with kevlar wend armor before I saddle up again. I hate that mt jacket is toast, but I'm really impressed with the Sidici gloves they're worth every dime. And thanks to whomever it was that sarris to never ride without them, I didn't think they were all that important when I first started

Sorry to see this, but glad you came out ok. I’m with the rest of the guys, hang that helmet in the garage or man cave for display and get a new one. Hope the insurance company takes care of your bike and you can put her back on the road.
Also, not trying to take advantage of your situation, but I have a set of 2009 OEM pearl white/silver fairings for sale in the Tampa area, in case you don't mind a color change. Not dirt cheap, but cheaper than new if the insurance cuts the check directly to you and you want to fix her and save money. Keep us posted on your rebuild project. At least Florida weather is crap right now, so you are not missing out on nice riding weather.

Last edited:
Sorry to hear about your crash, I’ve been there as well. That gear saved you a lot of pain! Good luck with the bike, if you get a good deal on parts it may be cheaper in the long run to fix it and not involve insurance.

Back