Welcome to the "woke" world....

I wasn't calling you out for the term the greatest generation. Just pointing out that we are all flawed people, the great people make the better choice when it counts. Before the 60's we were making everyone a hero and after the 60's no one qualified. I guess my point is we can be great too, it's just a matter of deciding to look at life from a less narcissistic perspective.
I know one thing, there was or is no real "greatest generation" in most senses....there were great and not so great people from every generation.

The so called "greatest generation" survived the depression, WW2 and pretty much rebuilt the world but at the same time were responsible for incredible amounts of pollution and social injustices.

Without turning this into a racial thread, as a military history buff, I read many articles of returning black service members having to use a separate gangway when exiting troop ships and how these same black service members were not accepted by the same white soldiers they served with once they were 'Stateside...

I know one thing, there was or is no real "greatest generation" in most senses....there were great and not so great people from every generation.

The so called "greatest generation" survived the depression, WW2 and pretty much rebuilt the world but at the same time were responsible for incredible amounts of pollution and social injustices.

Without turning this into a racial thread, as a military history buff, I read many articles of returning black service members having to use a separate gangway when exiting troop ships and how these same black service members were not accepted by the same white soldiers they served with once they were 'Stateside...
Have you seen the movie "Fury" with Brad Pitt? That's kind of what I meant. Look only at the good and people are angels. Look at the full person and you realize it was pride, determination, courage, and commitment that made them do amazing things. Another good movie to watch relative to today's events is "Crash" (watch the whole movie). We think in good or bad but most heroes are both.

Even with Jim Crow and the way women, Jews, and Japanese (Americans) were treated I would still call them the greatest generation simply for their accomplishments. An Amazing generation that will define this world for years to come.

I'm not being argumentative BTW, I think we agree on this and I was just trying to take the discussion a bit deeper. We were talking about cartoons in another thread. The powers that be in this country worked every angle to craft an image that everyone bought into as America. The hero worship was a part of that. Heroes were the examples, so the propagandists had to make them perfect. I don't see heroes as perfect. After all, just because Babe Ruth was a miserable drunk doesn't mean he wasn't one of the greatest hitters in history.

Have you seen the movie "Fury" with Brad Pitt? That's kind of what I meant. Look only at the good and people are angels. Look at the full person and you realize it was pride, determination, courage, and commitment that made them do amazing things. Another good movie to watch relative to today's events is "Crash" (watch the whole movie). We think in good or bad but most heroes are both.

Even with Jim Crow and the way women, Jews, and Japanese (Americans) were treated I would still call them the greatest generation simply for their accomplishments. An Amazing generation that will define this world for years to come.

I'm not being argumentative BTW, I think we agree on this and I was just trying to take the discussion a bit deeper. We were talking about cartoons in another thread. The powers that be in this country worked every angle to craft an image that everyone bought into as America. The hero worship was a part of that. Heroes were the examples, so the propagandists had to make them perfect. I don't see heroes as perfect. After all, just because Babe Ruth was a miserable drunk doesn't mean he wasn't one of the greatest hitters in history.
I rarely watch any war type movies with the exception being the "Band of Brothers" which in my opinion was a great series.

I know we agree and I know you are developing this thread into a more in depth discussion and I welcome this. The world was recovering from a few disastrous events (WW1 and 2, the pandemic, the depression) and I figure something had to be done to give people hope for the future. The economic, housing and baby boom all occurred at the same time.

I wonder if there will be Dr and nurse dolls sold in the near future or if there will be more and more movies made depicting the efforts of first responders in fighting this pandemic?? My first reaction is no but one can never rule out what will come I suppose....

We then roll around to the "cancel culture" crowd who want to eradicate all past symbolisms...people of yesteryear are being judged by the standards of today which in my opinion is the wrong approach.

Bad, even evil things have been committed in our past and we have to remember in order to not repeat (or allow to be repeated).

Here in Canada people are removing and vandalizing statues of our founding fathers. What these founding fathers did in their lifetime was common practice for their time, these practices shouldn't be judged by the common practices of todays society yet they seem to be.

Erasing the symbols of the past will not erase the events.

Last edited:
That was one of those "hair bands" they were known to be weird in their day....but for some reason the women went nuts for them...

My wife heard a news report yesterday on her way to work regarding a man who identified himself as female who was caught trying to molest a little girl in the ladies washroom....both my wife and I agreed this is a perfect way for some pedo to gain access to kids....

Gone are the days when a dad for instance can take his little girl to a public washroom and let her go into the ladies and expect her to be safe.
It's hard to find the true statistics anymore on the topic, but trans/gay males have a higher pedophilia rate than straight men even though they make up a small portion of society.

It's hard to find the true statistics anymore on the topic, but trans/gay males have a higher pedophilia rate than straight men even though they make up a small portion of society.
I'm 99% sure the statistics don't support this. pedophilia is ramped in the hetero community. Just look at the priest community..... Pedophilia is a separate issue, and it's not limited to any group. I'm not for or against trans/Gay people, just pointing out that they seem to be just as F'd up as hetero people, Lol!

I'm 99% sure the statistics don't support this. pedophilia is ramped in the hetero community. Just look at the priest community..... Pedophilia is a separate issue, and it's not limited to any group. I'm not for or against trans/Gay people, just pointing out that they seem to be just as F'd up as hetero people, Lol!
Most priest who touched little boys were closet gays I'll do a deep search their use to be lots of information on it years ago (university studies and govt studies), it's been scrubbed fairly clean now and "faced checked" over the years but their is a clear link between transgenderism and mental health issues (suicide, depression etc). Let me add on to this so I don't come across as bigot, I actually don't care what anybody is "sexually" I try not to judge anyone or cancel anyone, as long as their beliefs or choices doesn't affect me, or my families choices/freedoms/safety or anyone else have at it! What ever makes you happy!

Last edited:
Most priest who touched little boys were closet gays I'll do a deep search their use to be lots of information on it years ago (university studies and govt studies), it's been scrubbed fairly clean now and "faced checked" over the years but their is a clear link between transgenderism and mental health issues (suicide, depression etc). Let me add on to this so I don't come across as bigot, I actually don't care what anybody is "sexually" I try not to judge anyone or cancel anyone, as long as their beliefs or choices doesn't affect me, or my families choices/freedoms/safety or anyone else have at it! What ever makes you happy!
I agree that transgenderism implies an imbalance in the person's programming. That's the whole point they are trapped in a body of the wrong sex (according to them). This alone is probably going to manifest itself in many ways. But I don't think they are any more likely to be pedophiles than heteros.

That's from memory on my part so I would be interested in what you find.

We then roll around to the "cancel culture" crowd who want to eradicate all past symbolisms...people of yesteryear are being judged by the standards of today which in my opinion is the wrong approach.

Bad, even evil things have been committed in our past and we have to remember in order to not repeat (or allow to be repeated).

Here in Canada people are removing and vandalizing statues of our founding fathers. What these founding fathers did in their lifetime was common practice for their time, these practices shouldn't be judged by the common practices of todays society yet they seem to be.

Erasing the symbols of the past will not erase the events.

How will the people of the future feel about what's happening today... will the woke of 2021 be judged and persecuted post-mordem through the eyes of 2121? 2221? It's impossible to act today in a way that will be the norm 100 years from now... why are the people of today so hostile towards what was normal a century or more ago?

"Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it" - George Santayana

How will the people of the future feel about what's happening today... will the woke of 2021 be judged and persecuted post-mordem through the eyes of 2121? 2221? It's impossible to act today in a way that will be the norm 100 years from now... why are the people of today so hostile towards what was normal a century or more ago?

"Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it" - George Santayana
I'm sure one day somewhere in the future someone will be upset about how we treated the Taliban or ISIS....and any memorials we have erected to commemorate those events will have to be torn down.

I agree that transgenderism implies an imbalance in the person's programming. That's the whole point they are trapped in a body of the wrong sex (according to them). This alone is probably going to manifest itself in many ways. But I don't think they are any more likely to be pedophiles than heteros.

That's from memory on my part so I would be interested in what you find.
Hi. I am trans fluid, some times I am old some times I am young some times I am a boy and some times I am a girl. I am also trans racial and trans specie So some times I am a mail white cat who thinks that I am a female black cat and I demand a litter box the girls room. Am I normal now?

Hi. I am trans fluid, some times I am old some times I am young some times I am a boy and some times I am a girl. I am also trans racial and trans specie So some times I am a mail white cat who thinks that I am a female black cat and I demand a litter box the girls room. Am I normal now?
I don't know about the trans racial part, you're pretty consistent on that one, lol!

I have noted of late, sports associations are calling for trans athletes to be banned from sports....

A male born trans athlete competing against biological women is becoming to be a real issue as the biological women can't compete against a biologically born male who converted..

I have noted of late, sports associations are calling for trans athletes to be banned from sports....

A male born trans athlete competing against biological women is becoming to be a real issue as the biological women can't compete against a biologically born male who converted..
Hi. I think that if a guy thinks he is a girl they should let him compete, as boys and girls are 100% equal. Just think if Bruce Jenner scratch that Catlyn competed as a girl that would be fair to all of the other girls right.

Back