Welcome to the "woke" world....

Bumblebee

Donating Member
Registered
I’ve been watching the old Gunsmoke and Cheyenne tv shows lately. I never thought about it before but every episode of Gunsmoke begins with Marshall Dillon killing someone. And (everyone) drinks beer and whiskey like it’s water through every episode. Ever watch Popeye cartoons? All he and Bluto do throughout every episode is beat the crap out of each other. They also mistreat Olive Oyl every way possible in a cartoon setting.

looney tunes and the classic disney cartoons are still available on HBOMax if u want to watch them. i watched a few classic episode. this woke stuff is just a slang use by a generation that is different from the dictionary a definition. cool, hip, far out, heavy, sick, bad... it’s nothing new for a generation to look back at previous generations and try to do things different. kids use to get swatted in school and then a new generation of parents said they didnt want that anymore. back when walt disney himself was starting out, people didnt care much about using caricatures and now what older people didnt have an issue with younger people do. back in the good ole days harleys were leaking oil everywhere they went( they still do ) and were all bark and no hp. younger people demanded new bikes not to leak oil and actually move fast. now we got busas. disney’s own family said he was masagonist, anti semetic, and a racist so it’s no surprise some of his work has some of that splashed in. at the end of the day if u want to watch that kind of material u can easily find it online, no different that back when some of us would get magazines we didn’t want our mothers to know we had. getting worked up about younger people thinking different probably means u getting old haha.
stay woke.

I was watching the "Beverly Hillbillies" yesterday and before it came on there was a long disclaimer from the channel it was aired on. I sure felt old when that disclaimer came on.....

On another note, when my grand daughter was visiting, she asked to watch certain cartoons and those cartoons were pretty racy in their own regard...and just as violent as any Looney Tune cartoon I ever watched.

Once these "woke" people get into positions of authority, Heaven help us.......

I got a census in the mail to do on line yesterday and when I went in, there were 6 different selections for gender........I was born in the wrong generation.....

The last generation sure ruined us... my parent's generation was far to spoiled from my hard working grandparents generation. I can honestly say I know no one who worked as hard as my grandparents generations or previous generations, the spoiled/entitled behavior gets compounded more and more every generation but ultimately started with my parents generation, we go through more 40-60 year olds more than any other age group due to laziness and drug/alcohol abuse.

The last generation sure ruined us... my parent's generation was far to spoiled from my hard working grandparents generation. I can honestly say I know no one who worked as hard as my grandparents generations or previous generations, the spoiled/entitled behavior gets compounded more and more every generation but ultimately started with my parents generation, we go through more 40-60 year olds more than any other age group due to laziness and drug/alcohol abuse.
The greatest generation who fought in the 2nd war and lived through the depression can never be topped...

I was raised on a farm surrounded by farms and went to school with mainly farm kids...we knew what a hard day of work meant. Summer vacation from school only meant we could work harder around the farm-work never seemed to end.

My kids never really knew what a real hard day's work meant. I guess I spoiled them somewhat...now their kids are the "I want" generation who get whatever they ask for with not having to working for it.

Before I retired out of the military I started seeing more and more "entitled" people coming into it....they loved the money but sure didn't want to work to earn it.....If we informed them they were going to be deployed, the excuses sure started flowing....it got to be sickening to be honest.

At one time we could see the "slugs" amongst the keeners but now there are so many 'slugs' the keeners really stick out as they are so far and few.

looney tunes and the classic disney cartoons are still available on HBOMax if u want to watch them. i watched a few classic episode. this woke stuff is just a slang use by a generation that is different from the dictionary a definition. cool, hip, far out, heavy, sick, bad... it’s nothing new for a generation to look back at previous generations and try to do things different. kids use to get swatted in school and then a new generation of parents said they didnt want that anymore. back when walt disney himself was starting out, people didnt care much about using caricatures and now what older people didnt have an issue with younger people do. back in the good ole days harleys were leaking oil everywhere they went( they still do ) and were all bark and no hp. younger people demanded new bikes not to leak oil and actually move fast. now we got busas. disney’s own family said he was masagonist, anti semetic, and a racist so it’s no surprise some of his work has some of that splashed in. at the end of the day if u want to watch that kind of material u can easily find it online, no different that back when some of us would get magazines we didn’t want our mothers to know we had. getting worked up about younger people thinking different probably means u getting old haha.
stay woke.
Nice shot at moral equivocation and justifying what is clearly well beyond a generational shift in attitudes. If what is happening today doesn’t strike you as completely different then the oh my gosh’s over Elvis gyrating his hips and two piece bathing suits you are part of the problem…

6 selections for gender? Hmmmm. I must be old as hell. Male, female.
i thought it was 3, male, female, and hermaphrodites. unless you want to add in the androgynous groups from the 80s to make it 4. used to be 2, then 3, now 6. who knows where we will up. since u claim to be old as hell i figured id throw in a funny example of “gender fluidity “ from a time ago.

53BD894F-7665-4D95-A429-D562B7C1CFB3.jpeg

The greatest generation who fought in the 2nd war and lived through the depression can never be topped...

I was raised on a farm surrounded by farms and went to school with mainly farm kids...we knew what a hard day of work meant. Summer vacation from school only meant we could work harder around the farm-work never seemed to end.

My kids never really knew what a real hard day's work meant. I guess I spoiled them somewhat...now their kids are the "I want" generation who get whatever they ask for with not having to working for it.

Before I retired out of the military I started seeing more and more "entitled" people coming into it....they loved the money but sure didn't want to work to earn it.....If we informed them they were going to be deployed, the excuses sure started flowing....it got to be sickening to be honest.

At one time we could see the "slugs" amongst the keeners but now there are so many 'slugs' the keeners really stick out as they are so far and few.
Well, the "Greatest Generation" did some pretty awful things too. Pre 60's we made heroes superhumans with no flaws. Post 60's we tear down anyone who rises above the pack. The bottom line is even the best of us are flawed humans. We need to be able to see that imperfect people occasionally do perfect things and stop making them gods.

i thought it was 3, male, female, and hermaphrodites. unless you want to add in the androgynous groups from the 80s to make it 4. used to be 2, then 3, now 6. who knows where we will up. since u claim to be old as hell i figured id throw in a funny example of “gender fluidity “ from a time ago.

View attachment 1635422
That was one of those "hair bands" they were known to be weird in their day....but for some reason the women went nuts for them...

My wife heard a news report yesterday on her way to work regarding a man who identified himself as female who was caught trying to molest a little girl in the ladies washroom....both my wife and I agreed this is a perfect way for some pedo to gain access to kids....

Gone are the days when a dad for instance can take his little girl to a public washroom and let her go into the ladies and expect her to be safe.

Well, the "Greatest Generation" did some pretty awful things too. Pre 60's we made heroes superhumans with no flaws. Post 60's we tear down anyone who rises above the pack. The bottom line is even the best of us are flawed humans. We need to be able to see that imperfect people occasionally do perfect things and stop making them gods.
....Now, I made no reference to any mortal being a God......

The term the "greatest generation" was not coined by me, this link will describe them better than I can.

The Greatest Generation

....Now, I made no reference to any mortal being a God......

The term the "greatest generation" was not coined by me, this link will describe them better than I can.

The Greatest Generation
I wasn't calling you out for the term the greatest generation. Just pointing out that we are all flawed people, the great people make the better choice when it counts. Before the 60's we were making everyone a hero and after the 60's no one qualified. I guess my point is we can be great too, it's just a matter of deciding to look at life from a less narcissistic perspective.

Back