Welcome to the new Hayabusa.org Gen II style!

Okay so let's start knocking issues out... Thanks for the replies with issues you have seen. We had a decision last night, wait to turn the site back on until it was perfect or turn it back on at 95% and fix the little things... Because of the constant bombardment of emails and help tickets we chose to turn it back on and just work through any problems... Let's start on the colors... Here is a screen shot of the old forum and the new forum.....

org.jpg
org new2.jpg

What needs to change?

org.jpg

org new2.jpg

Okay so let's start knocking issues out... Thanks for the replies with issues you have seen. We had a decision last night, wait to turn the site back on until it was perfect or turn it back on at 95% and fix the little things... Because of the constant bombardment of emails and help tickets we chose to turn it back on and just work through any problems... Let's start on the colors... Here is a screen shot of the old forum and the new forum.....

View attachment 230496
View attachment 230497

What needs to change?

With the colors I dont see anything. They seem to flow well?

View attachment 230496
View attachment 230497

What needs to change?
How about the ability to change the color ourselves? Doesn't have to be endless options, just able to adjust it a little.

I'm also having to sign in every time I leave the page, or if my laptop is idle for several minutes.

Several of us also seem to be having trouble posting pictures.

Observations, not complaints. Thank you.

Perhaps a link off the "new posts" page to get to your "subscribed threads". Currently, as far as I know you have to go back out to the main forum tab, then to quick links, then to subscribed threads. If we could get either subscribed threads or quick links on the new posts page, that would be cool.

Color customization would be nice. When I used to surf the GSX-R site, you could set it to white, blue or black background.

How about the ability to change the color ourselves? Doesn't have to be endless options, just able to adjust it a little.

I'm also having to sign in every time I leave the page, or if my laptop is idle for several minutes.

Several of us also seem to be having trouble posting pictures.

Observations, not complaints. Thank you.

I'm all about options.. BUT too many options begin to make it unmanageable.. I can tell you that there is no way that you can change the colors yourself. That is just not anywhere near an option. We can do skins but that has overhead with it too... Each skin color we want would run about 200.00ea... so if we wanted a red one, a black theme, blue theme 2, 4, 600.00 you get the idea....

Signing in, go clear your cookies and temp internet files and make sure when you login the next time that you choose the save button on the top by your login..

Posting pics, what kind of problems?

The only thing I really don't like about the new theme is the section when reading posts where the user info is - like the pic below. The user info seems to blend in with the background too much, and is a bit harder on the eyes to separate replies when reading.

haya.jpg

The only thing I really don't like about the new theme is the section when reading posts where the user info is - like the pic below. The user info seems to blend in with the background too much, and is a bit harder on the eyes to separate replies when reading.

What if we put a box around the user info? Just a small lineto make the seperation?

What if we put a box around the user info? Just a small lineto make the seperation?

I think the border around it would help it look cleaner. And maybe change the background color just a tad so it stands out more from the page background.

Cap i think the text needs to be darker. almost bolded maybe for the threads and what people type. That is one difference i see between the two pictures is font size and color. I just got to work here and hopped on the org and i can tell you there is a huge difference in load time now for each page. It is way slower then what it used to be here at work. The pages are sitting for 10 or more seconds before they load and it never used to be like that. It was always instant before. Now on my home pc it is noticeably slower but not near as bad as it is here at work. On that note my work pc is way faster and newer then my home pc.

I just got to work here and hopped on the org and i can tell you there is a huge difference in load time now for each page. It is way slower then what it used to be here at work.

One thing to remember is that when we integrate with other systems like facebook and Google + 1 we are pulling API's or connections from them.. Your work firewalls may be blocking or scanning these connections on the firewall and that is the reason for the delay. Most people are reporting a much faster experience....

cap

Thanks for taking the time to put in the work to update (and maintain) the site....I like the new look...different, but good. :)

Great the Site is back. I was away from my computer for the last week and Tapatalk didn't show any counter. The sight went down I and was wondering If Doug was pulling another what would happen if I took the sight down for 24 hrs stunt. If it had been another day I was about to send him an email wondering if he needed financial support, and if so, open the donation Line. I would have been 6th in line for that as my computer is about as quick as moldy cheese.

Glad the sight with it's great wealth of information and humor is back.

I'm all about options.. BUT too many options begin to make it unmanageable.. I can tell you that there is no way that you can change the colors yourself. That is just not anywhere near an option. We can do skins but that has overhead with it too... Each skin color we want would run about 200.00ea... so if we wanted a red one, a black theme, blue theme 2, 4, 600.00 you get the idea....

Signing in, go clear your cookies and temp internet files and make sure when you login the next time that you choose the save button on the top by your login..

Posting pics, what kind of problems?

Each time I post a pic it comes up spelled out as ATTACHMENT. I can click on each one and veiw it, but no one else can. I'm posting them the same way as before too.
Thank you sir.

Cap i think the text needs to be darker. almost bolded maybe for the threads and what people type. That is one difference i see between the two pictures is font size and color.

Exactly, precisely so! The previous version was (for me) considerably easier to read... and the only significant difference is the font size/weight. If the new style font can have it's size/weight increased a tad, that would be awesome.

That's about my only slight niggle with the new layout, aside from how the ads intrude on user photos.

Helleva lot of work doing this new layout.... believe me, I work in IT for a living, I know. Awesome work, Cap..... :bowdown:

Back