Welcome my new falcon!

AdrianVall

Registered
Hey all,

So after a some serious searching, I finally found my gem in the color I want. Here’s my new baby!

2015 with 3,600 miles. M4 exhaust and a supposed dyno flash and tune. Ended up paying $10k from a private seller.

I have been wanting one of these since I was 16 and it does not disappoint!! This thing is amazing!! Riding Harley’s for the last 12 years has been incredible but this is a whole new kind of fun. Thank you everyone for the help! Guess I’ll be staying a while! I’ll post better pictures soon enough.

5A95546F-1E36-4816-9C53-D729DA983B66.jpeg

Hey all,

So after a some serious searching, I finally found my gem in the color I want. Here’s my new baby!

2015 with 3,600 miles. M4 exhaust and a supposed dyno flash and tune. Ended up paying $10k from a private seller.

I have been wanting one of these since I was 16 and it does not disappoint!! This thing is amazing!! Riding Harley’s for the last 12 years has been incredible but this is a whole new kind of fun. Thank you everyone for the help! Guess I’ll be staying a while! I’ll post better pictures soon enough.

View attachment 1597834
Nice bike man! Love the color scheme!

Hey all,

View attachment 1597834
Congrat! Ride safe!

Welcome!!
That is one great lookin' Busa you have found for yourself!
As said already, the Harley chapter is closed . . . FOREVER!!

Now this is very important, take some time to learn to ride this bike, it is VERY fast and VERY powerful, unlike your last ride . . . oh and the people you meet on Busas are awesome too!

Any info you need, and I mean any info, just ask us, we have a shedload of technical and general knowledge on these bikes here among all the contributing members of the oRg.
We are all here to help in any way we can . . . this forum is the greatest !
And please get a pic up in that avatar . . I can not stand those generic letter based avatars :banghead:

Congrats man finally! Looks like it has a double bubble screen also

Thanks man! I really appreciated your help in all of this. Its pretty awesome how strangers can come together about something we love and be more than happy and willing to help.

Is this double bubble screen good? I had a tiny bit of buffeting at speeds above 80 but I would imagine that's going to be the case with any shield.

Welcome!!

Now this is very important, take some time to learn to ride this bike, it is VERY fast and VERY powerful, unlike your last ride . . . oh and the people you meet on Busas are awesome too!

Any info you need, and I mean any info, just ask us, we have a shedload of technical and general knowledge on these bikes here among all the contributing members of the oRg.
And please get a pic up in that avatar . . I can not stand those generic letter based avatars :banghead:

Thank you sooooo very much. I have always wanted one of these bikes since I was 16. Thank God I didn't get one at that age cause I doubt I'd be here to share stories. I am now 31 with two daughters, aged 1 and 2 so I will most certainly be riding VERY carefully. I very much respect the power this beast has.

I do have a couple questions though.. sorry for the noob type questions but this really is a completely different world for me and I feel like I have to relearn everything, which as you can imagine is a bit overwhelming.

1) I'm noticing some handlebar/grip vibration at higher RPM's, about 5,000 and up. Is that normal?

2) Is there supposed to be a radiator fan kicking in when this thing is running? This beast gets HOT. Perhaps it is running and I can't hear it?

3) What about the chain maintenance? Am I supposed to regularly lube it? It looks a bit dirty and dried out, almost to the point where it looks a tad bit like rust, but not really, if that makes any sense.

4) I believe I read somewhere about Heli bars for additional rider comfort. Is this accurate?

Thanks so much everyone!!!

No question is above asking.

1. Yes, typical Suzuki buzz-heavier bar end weights, thicker palmed gloves and/or gel grips will help somewhat.

2. Fans will kick in when needed, if the bike's ECU has been flashed it might have changed the set point the fans kick in (normally lower temps though)

3. Most definitely yes...there are a million threads on this subject and can be found using the search feature...

4. Heli bars and drop pegs will all adjust your riding position and place you a little more upright

All the questions you asked are common and have been thoroughly discussed on other threads-search is your best friend...

Your bike is near new, the small amount of vibration is normal.
The rad fans cycle on and off automatically according to the temp of the coolant, if they are not running at all it has a problem, unlikely due to how new it is.
Re the chain, clean it with kerosene and lube it with o ring chain spray lube every 300 miles
Heli bars are raised a little higher than stock, for comfort, yes!
Enjoy your bike man !

1) I'm noticing some handlebar/grip vibration at higher RPM's, about 5,000 and up. Is that normal?

3) What about the chain maintenance? Am I supposed to regularly lube it? It looks a bit dirty and dried out, almost to the point where it looks a tad bit like rust, but not really, if that makes any sense.

4) I believe I read somewhere about Heli bars for additional rider comfort. Is this accurate?

1) I came from HD as well and you know how those things feel so I was no stranger to vibration. One thing that bothered me a little is the factory grips so I did a bunch of reading and ran into these.
https://www.amazon.com/Grip-Puppy-Comfort-Grips-Original/dp/B00CP9ADD8
They are so basic and so cheap but let me tell you how much more comfortable the grips feel for me now. Even if I do wear gloves every single time. I think the material + thickness helps.

3)My cruiser is belt driven so I'm not used to chain maintenance either. I do it every 400-500 miles since I ride a ton it's actually a short period of time in between. I bought chain cleaner and chain lube.
https://www.amazon.com/WEFOO-Motorc...coding=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=074QJW7Z53XT8E6NRDDG
Grab these, these are absolutely awesome. My buddy with an R1 introduced me to them.

4)I don't have heli bars but on the subject of comfort I recommend drop pegs. The guys on here discovered that buell pegs are lower and help out leg comfort if you are tall. Search buell peg mod on here. I went aftermarket and using the Knight Design pegs. They are awesome and high quality but you can probably do it a lot cheaper.
https://www.amazon.com/Knight-Design-Hayabusa-Sidetrax-anodized/dp/B00ECHLC9A

Thanks man! I really appreciated your help in all of this. Its pretty awesome how strangers can come together about something we love and be more than happy and willing to help.

Is this double bubble screen good? I had a tiny bit of buffeting at speeds above 80 but I would imagine that's going to be the case with any shield.

Thank you sooooo very much. I have always wanted one of these bikes since I was 16. Thank God I didn't get one at that age cause I doubt I'd be here to share stories. I am now 31 with two daughters, aged 1 and 2 so I will most certainly be riding VERY carefully. I very much respect the power this beast has.

I do have a couple questions though.. sorry for the noob type questions but this really is a completely different world for me and I feel like I have to relearn everything, which as you can imagine is a bit overwhelming.

2) Is there supposed to be a radiator fan kicking in when this thing is running? This beast gets HOT. Perhaps it is running and I can't hear it?

On question number 2, the heat is one of the reasons people go to full exhaust. The catalytic converter is between the riders footpegs and gets HOT!!!!

Hey all,

View attachment 1597834
Welcome to the group! I love that color combo and like it even more with the 2016 red accent graphics. Be careful!! When the RPMs get up there, she can move :thumbsup:

Welcome!!

Kiwi is one of those awesome Busa riders you will meet!

Back