Justyntym

The Pessimistic Optimist
Donating Member
Registered
Just in time (get it..justyntym  
tounge.gif
) for football season  
biggrin.gif

I wont go into a whole lota details but as part of my Divorce, I gave the wife the house. I moved back into the "family" house (my parents house) which I own part of and Dad has passed a few years ago, my Mom is still alive and living in a pretty large house alone so she's welcomes the company and someone to take care of her (and someone she can take care of as well). Another plus side is it has a large garage and my baby stays warm and DRY (instead outside in this freaking rainforest of a state)

Anyhow, I'm back in my old room(s) (I feel like George Castansa ) and I had Dads OLD TV up here along with 100 year old cable. So I'm going from this....

IMG_3023.jpg

To this...

3x_tv_w3706mc.jpg

Dell link in case the picture don't come thru (click me)

37" high def and the direct tv man is comming this saturday with all the high def googly moogly, Sunday Ticket and 4 months of All channels free....
super.gif

That's a nice little upgrade aint it...
wink.gif

<!--EDIT|Justyntym
Reason for Edit: None given...|1156911569 -->

SCHWEEET! Nice upgrade!!

Dayum! We had one of them GE TV's!

I need to save that pic...my kids don't belive me when I say we had TV's with knobs...and NO remotes! (heck, my sister's and I were the remote! :p )

I just hooked my new computer monitor up tonight its a lg 42 inch high def lcd wide screen my eyes are getting tired from scanning back and forth
biggrin.gif

Heck my parents just got rid of the rotary dial phone a few years ago...the ones we have in house now still have CORDS (at least they're push button
tounge.gif
)

I just hooked my new computer monitor up tonight its a lg 42 inch high def lcd wide screen my eyes are getting tired from scanning back and forth
biggrin.gif
I love my Epson 57" LCD -Proj. As my computer monitor. Sit back 15 feet away and it still seems big. Plus welcome to the high def man. By the way if you cant get the waivers for the locals just tell them you want to use the receiver in your motorhome or cabin. It got me all the HD locals. he he he. I do have the cabin to back it though it aint much but they don't know that, mor of a hunting cabin really.

biggrin.gif
I love my Epson 57" LCD -Proj. As my computer monitor.  Sit back 15 feet away and it still seems big.  Plus welcome to the high def man.   By the way if you cant get the waivers for the locals just tell them you want to use the receiver in your motorhome or cabin.   It got me all the HD locals. he he he. I do have the cabin to back it though it aint much but they don't know that, mor of a hunting cabin really.
my main tv is high def as well (65 inch hitachi) but just wanted a better monitor on the computer plus the wife ties up the tv with all these reality shows recording two on the dvr and watching one so this way I can still watch what I want
super.gif

<!--EDIT|spkerhed
Reason for Edit: None given...|1156915201 -->

biggrin.gif
I love my Epson 57" LCD -Proj. As my computer monitor.  Sit back 15 feet away and it still seems big.  Plus welcome to the high def man.   By the way if you cant get the waivers for the locals just tell them you want to use the receiver in your motorhome or cabin.   It got me all the HD locals. he he he. I do have the cabin to back it though it aint much but they don't know that, mor of a hunting cabin really.
my main tv is high def as well (65 inch hitachi) but just wanted a better monitor on the computer plus the wife ties up the tv with all these reality shows recording two on the dvr and watching one so this way I can still watch what I want
super.gif
The epson does really well with being a comp monitor, have you tried the hitachi?

Heck my parents just got rid of the rotary dial phone a few years ago...the ones we have in house now still have CORDS (at least they're push button  
tounge.gif
)
If you still have the phones,, sell them on ebay, you'll be suprised how much you'll get for them!!!

doesnt have the hookups its about 4 years old kinda the starter of the high def sets
sad.gif
I work for a stereo shop so I jump on new tech when it comes out

just a local shop here in good ole sioux city Ia we do mostly car stereo but do some home gear as well Ive been there about 9 years now

just a local shop here in good ole sioux city Ia we do mostly car stereo but do some home gear as well Ive been there about 9 years now
I manage a store "Sound Pro"In Great Falls MT. Lot's of home and car, custom home install too, good meetin other people in the business. Curious who do you deal in.

US

JL Audio
Memphis Car
Alpine
JVC
Kenwood
Boston
Kicker
Yamaha Home
Jamo
Sony
LG
Panasonic
Epson
M&K
plus many others

jvc,polk,kenwood,audio bahn,pioneer,onkyo,nad,LG,hitachi,jamo, my brain is starting to hurt trying to remember all the brands and some of them go under two different names so we carry both
smile.gif

Do you actually like audiobahn? The only distributor in the area dropped them due to defect rate.  We run a 2 store set up and primarily ran JL, Alpine, and JVC.   But struggled with a 3 rd main line for our store.. Dropped MTX, directed audio, PPI, Orion, Viper Audio, MB Quart, that list hurts my brain than  the ones I,ve kept.  Memphis has actually surprised the hell out of me. Love IT IF it weren't for alpine head units, Mephis would be my #2 Car brand

<!--EDIT|DrBoom
Reason for Edit: None given...|1156917522 -->

I have a 32 lcd I use as a computer monitor and to watch movies on... perfect size for my desk. 42 would have been too much...

I wouldn't trade this in for anything else! Well, except for a better 32!

I like audiobahn we have had good luck with the product when its in stock you know what I mean we also carry mtx but dont sell much of it since they re vamped there lines and raised all ther prices we used to carry orion till dei bought them out then we switched to audiobahn we do some python but mostly autopage and astroflex
smile.gif

Back