Welcome Home Vietnam Veterans

PandaNin

Donating Member
Registered
http://www.theoaklandpress.com/articles/2011/03/27/opinion/doc4d8e3b45679f2631420362.txt

The U.S. Senate passed a resolution on March 7, 2011, declaring March 30 “Welcome Home Vietnam Veterans Day.”

I was still young when the vets came home but I remember it very well. All 7 of my mom's brothers volunteered for one or another of the services (4 air force, 1 marine, 2 army) and later 2 did 20yrs each in the coast guard. All 7 of them were in-country and all 7 of them came home safe.

Several of my uncles have now passed away and didn't live to see a day they should have seen 38 years ago.

For the .org members who served in vietnam or your relatives/friends, Welcome Home and Thank You.

My sentiments extend to our current service members. Thank You, Stay Safe and Godspeed on your journey home.

Did not know we had a 'Welcome home Vietnam vets' days?
Thanks for letting me know about it and thanks to all who were there.

:beerchug: I want to Welcome home and Thank my Dad , stepdad , and all those that were there ! Especially the ones still there , you are NOT forgotten !

I had an uncle that didn't come home. That is the reason I wear the POW patch on my jacket. Thank you to all that have served and are serving.

Yeah, our idiot governor did the same. I guess in case the House, for some odd reason, doesn't pass it into law then our state will always recognize March 30th.
Is that odd or do all states do that sort of thing? ???

To all the Vietnam Veterans out there, thank you for your sacrifices! :bowdown:

Thank you Don, that means a lot! Doyle

P1030057.JPG

P1000379.jpg

Thank you. Us vets appreciate it. And for those who have served, and are serving all over the world today, thank you for your service.:bowdown:

Back