Weird stuff you have worked on..

Mr Bogus

Trouble Makers Inc.
Donating Member
Registered
All the cool jobs around and the travel some do is amazing.. Guys flying around fixing aircraft etc is just cool... I have a lot of mechanical ability and so is where I found the most fun..

Was going through my "fail" pile hunting for that thermochiller and started to think about the stuff I had worked on over the years.. beside racing and spending way too much $$ I had to earn a living.. I had an automotive repair shop in Scottadale and detail shops in Mesa...

I also used to keep the "Big Flush" working in Tempe AZ (BigSurf).

I had to learn hydraulics, Industrial staitionary power units (1500CID natural gas, aftercooled Cat motors) with 40,000GPM pumps.

Also had to work with 5 giant sand filters and the 28000 gpm pump that they needed.

Learned how to maniupulate 1 ton cylinders of pure clorine and 400lbs of soda ash a day (1.7M gallons of water). Water treatment is pretty complicated and all I got was the PH/CL figured out.. Turbidity etc was pretty easy and learning about what chemicals cause the "stuff" to congeal etc.. (ammonium sulfate I think I used?)

Also entailed around 20 hours a week of diving to check gates and bearings.. (also found an average of $100 a day laying in bottom of back resevoir :) ) I was there for around 6 years.. just an incredible amount of stuff to learn every month..

and also worked the Ice rink next door doing ice (driving Zamboni) and fixing the stupid thing.. you have not had fun till you spend an entire night on the ice cutting down the ice to lay new stripes (sand bed rink).. Suks big time..

Add to all that lawn equipment etc, plumbing, painting (clorinated rubber) and also food service work (yea I slung hamburgers)

now what kind of odd ball stuff have you worked on?

Last edited:
This is about as oddball as it's been the last few weeks... :rofl:

FullSac Core Mod and TTS SOFTWARE TUNING INSTALL JOB..This 110 CI bike rocks torque/hp increase is stupid for the little money spent....

New Ebay 1616.jpg

What does it matter Bogus, We can't top all that.:laugh: My God man, What haven"t you done? Don't answer that, you may get Banned. Well, even though it's not as glamourous as what you've done, I've Changed tires, worked in parts at a KAWASAKI dealership, Body work, Auto mechanic, Senco fastening systems, And I'm a heck of a yardman here at the house.:thumbsup:

While in grad school I worked for the State Medical Investigator performing autopsies. Worked on over 3600 cases before graduating. I have seen some weird things there!:whistle:

This is not Weird, but the job I loved the most was Offshore Oil Drilling in the Gulf.

I once rode a Hurricane out on a work boat for 14 hours. Proud to say I was 1 of only 2 people that did not hurl.

But we all kissed the ground when we landed, AND I AM NOT KIDDING YOU!

Great work and good pay.
Bubba

I have seen some weird things there!:whistle:

Me too. Operated a Conv Hosp for 10 yrs. Patient came for LA Co gen hosp
with a case of Myiasis (nectrotic sinus, breeding maggots, flies crawling
out of nose). hard to look at.

BTW: when Thomas Noguci, LA Co Coroner, would get mad, he would threaten
to perform live autopsies.

Last edited:
i do cross country pipeline. these are some pics from wisconsin. pretty interesting i think see the wieght being moved around. ditches dug. 1-3k testing hydros and pneumatics.

worked in -40 below and 100+. mud snow rain. anything but nice days :laugh:

60klbsperconcrete.jpg

1011071433a.jpg

1030071241a.jpg

Last edited:
I worked in a cheese factory for 5 years after high school. Making Italian cheeses. Nothing quite like flipping 100 pound blobs of cheese for 10 hrs a day.

i do cross country pipeline. these are some pics from wisconsin. pretty interesting i think see the wieght being moved around. ditches dug. 1-3k testing hydros and pneumatics.

worked in -40 below and 100+. mud snow rain. anything but nice days :laugh:

60klbsperconcrete.jpg

1011071433a.jpg

1030071241a.jpg
That northern Wisconsin? Known as teh Pieline that us Forwheelers just love?

That northern Wisconsin? Known as teh Pieline that us Forwheelers just love?

yea the bottom two are about an 20min south of duluth if that. right past the jack links stop....

the other is by ladysmith. that was a section for the little jump river.

I worked as a telephone repairman for 20 years.
Anyone else out there?
Got to see it all literally.
Best education I ever had.
Every place there is a telephone, I was there, everyplace imaginable.
Some of the most memorable:
Inside the Brinks vault with huge sacks of money all around, killing floor of the slaughterhouse, jail with the inmate phones, mayors office, morgue at the largest hospital in town with dead bodies all around and autopsies going on, oil company presidents offices, university medical research facilities, all other university and tech departments, ladies of the evening house, strip bar (in the dressing room no less), military base, airport secure areas, remand center, RCMP detention facilities, coal mine (underground), bank data centers (now that is secure!), hospital operating rooms (had to gown up to go in), swimming pool change rooms (both sexes), every manner of: chemical plants, paint manufacturer, leather tanning, manufacturing, tire plants, etc etc.
I saw it all, right through every business (take the yellow pages and flip through) to find the telephone room, panels, tracing wire, locating the troubles. I saw it all.
Never knew it was such a diverse world until I saw all that, first hand.

I worked as a telephone repairman for 20 years.
Anyone else out there?
Got to see it all literally.
Best education I ever had.
Every place there is a telephone, I was there, everyplace imaginable.
Some of the most memorable:
Inside the Brinks vault with huge sacks of money all around, killing floor of the slaughterhouse, jail with the inmate phones, mayors office, morgue at the largest hospital in town with dead bodies all around and autopsies going on, oil company presidents offices, university medical research facilities, all other university and tech departments, ladies of the evening house, strip bar (in the dressing room no less), military base, airport secure areas, remand center, RCMP detention facilities, coal mine (underground), bank data centers (now that is secure!), hospital operating rooms (had to gown up to go in), swimming pool change rooms (both sexes), every manner of: chemical plants, paint manufacturer, leather tanning, manufacturing, tire plants, etc etc.
I saw it all, right through every business (take the yellow pages and flip through) to find the telephone room, panels, tracing wire, locating the troubles. I saw it all.
Never knew it was such a diverse world until I saw all that, first hand.

Wow, Mike
I never knew we had this in common. Although I have not seen the extremes that you have, I too worked as a telephone person just after Ma Bell broke up, and installed Business systems in offices in Houston. This was a very cut-throat business at the time and I saw my share of stuff, especially in the traders at Citibank during the trading hours. Pretty funny things going on in there.
Thanks for the memories,:beerchug:
Bubba

Wow, Mike
I never knew we had this in common. Although I have not seen the extremes that you have, I too worked as a telephone person just after Ma Bell broke up, and installed Business systems in offices in Houston. This was a very cut-throat business at the time and I saw my share of stuff, especially in the traders at Citibank during the trading hours. Pretty funny things going on in there.
Thanks for the memories,:beerchug:
Bubba

I might have guessed that, due to how we get along.
We called ourselves the "installation completion crew" and followed the installers around closely. :laugh:
I installed for a while, but liked repair better.
Got to move around a lot more.
We had to average 8 calls a day, so got to go out to 8 different businesses every day (on average).
It helped my troubleshooting skills too.
Greetings again brother! :bowdown:

I might have guessed that, due to how we get along.
We called ourselves the "installation completion crew" and followed the installers around closely. :laugh:
I installed for a while, but liked repair better.
Got to move around a lot more.
We had to average 8 calls a day, so got to go out to 8 different businesses every day (on average).
It helped my troubleshooting skills too.
Greetings again brother! :bowdown:

Yeah, I should have known.:laugh:
In all the businesses I have been in, this was one of the most extremely hard core bunch of guys I have ever seen. And I have worked at every thing from - Picking beans out of chili to - making satellites.:laugh:
Greetings to you too Bro!:beerchug:

tractors,cars,grain trucks,motorcycles,scooters,atvs,mowers,chainsaws,all sorts of farm equipment,jet ski (hate those). professionally just motorcycles,scooters,atvs ect.

Back