Weird question

Since I have put the Full system on my bike I have done 2 services and noticed something funny on each of them. The Akrapovic Headers are VERY closely wrapped around the oil filter. I can get the wrench in between the header piping to loosen the filter and get it off but I can't get the filter OUT of the piping area. The only way I have got them in and out of that space is to disconnect the oil cooler line on the right side. Do you all do this to or am I just being too stupid and overlooking an easier way to get them in and out?
never heard of having that much trouble changing oil filters.
Also, I never tighten the filter enuff to need a filter wrench

Also, I never tighten the filter enuff to need a filter wrench[/QUOTE]

Heh, I learned that the hard way. I now have a silver Sharpie marker that I use to make sure I don't turn it any more that 2 turns.

Since I have put the Full system on my bike I have done 2 services and noticed something funny on each of them. The Akrapovic Headers are VERY closely wrapped around the oil filter. I can get the wrench in between the header piping to loosen the filter and get it off but I can't get the filter OUT of the piping area. The only way I have got them in and out of that space is to disconnect the oil cooler line on the right side. Do you all do this to or am I just being too stupid and overlooking an easier way to get them in and out?
never heard of having that much trouble changing oil filters.
Also, I never tighten the filter enuff to need a filter wrench
according to the book you have to put it on finger tight then give it a whole turn more... i've not been one to question something like this... i always use a wrench...

I am however about to find out tomorrow what it will be like to change my oil for the first time with the full akro system on... i'm thinking that my oil filter wrench ( the one you put on the end and use a ratcht to turn it ) isnt going to work anymore so i may have to go buy a strap type.

i just got off the phone with the dealership and they are chargeing me half the oil change due to HMF high mount pipes 3 and 4 due to they could not get the oil filter off and had to remove the 3-4 pipes in order to change the oil filter....not sold on that concept yet

WOW!  Something is really wrong if they can't get the filter off without taking parts off.  
sad.gif

There is plenty of room if you use the right tool.....
wink.gif

You shouldn't have to take ANYTHING off to get the oil filter out (other than the right side plastics).  The filter will come out on the right side by itself just lifting it up and over the oil cooler.  Plenty of room just turn the filter the correct way guys......  
cool.gif

all_coholic.gif

Thats the only way to do it with a Akra full system my young Busa bretheren. Only use factory Suzuki filters. I have my oil analyzed after every oil change (1000 miles)and both times I sent it in with a K&N filter my metal contents were higher. There also was filter element material in my oil.

hey we sometimes have problems with exhaust and oil filters at my shop. most of the time we fix it by using 2 exhaust gaskets, everyonce in a while we might have an issue even then, but most of the time the filter comes right off.

(grabntwist @ Oct. 14 2006,11:20) Thats the only way to do it with a Akra full system my young Busa bretheren. Only use factory Suzuki filters. I have my oil analyzed after every oil change (1000 miles)and both times I sent it in with a K&N filter my metal contents were higher. There also was filter element material in my oil.
Grab,

Sounds to me like the K&N filter is catching more crap in the oil than the stock filter.  Unless you are talking about the oil itself in which the K&N's would appear to suck!  
sad.gif

For the rest of you guys using OEM filters.  Just turn the wrench a couple times to get the filter loose and then take the filter socket off.  You should be able to take it off the rest of the way with your fingers.  If you can't spin the filter off freely, you have a bigger problem than getting a wrench in there.....  

all_coholic.gif

For those having problems with the headers, don't pull the filter straight out the side.  Turn the filter at a 45-degree angle (threads facing out to the right so you don't dump oil everywhere) and lift the filter up into the larger opening where the headers attach to the head.  The filter will fit right through the hole behind the radiator hose without any problems.  It is a tight fit but you just have to get the correct angle and it's comes right out without removing anything.  Same thing when installing it but reverse the steps.....  
wink.gif

Back