Weights On The Foot Pegs

Tb3

Registered
Surely this has been asked many times before. I did find the same question asked here from several years ago, but the thread went into talking about the feelers on the end of the pegs, and didn't give the purpose of the weights.
It looks really easy to eliminate those heavy weights on the bottom of each foot peg. I'm guessing they are there to dampen vibrations?
Mostly just asking out of curiosity

Thanks guys!
I just now went ahead and removed the weights and feelers. I'm going for a ride tommorow. If I notice a differance in the pegs (too much vibration) I'll put the weights back on.
I reinstalled the rubbers using some shorter screws.
I doubt I'll ever lean far enough on my busa to utilize the feelers.
Either way, I'll save them like everything else for the next owner one day.
Removing them pretty much serves me no purpose but helping to "clean up" the looks.
You know how it is....sitting in the garage.... admiring your ride....o_O:beerchug:

I removed mine , then went after market pegs , then 2017 SV650 oem pegs , then Buel pegs .
Then vibration in the buel pegs ( as well as others ) was a bit noticeable especially in the right / brake side peg . So I placed the OEM weights on the buel pegs . Vibration gone . FYI I tour on my bird . Dropped 55 pounds off the bike from stock only to put 55 right back on in Givi cases / Racks .
That 55 lb includes my gear in the bags . I weigh a mere 132 pounds so 12 ounces to delete vibes on the foot was a win win choice .

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="
" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I removed mine , then went after market pegs , then 2017 SV650 oem pegs , then Buel pegs .
Then vibration in the buel pegs ( as well as others ) was a bit noticeable especially in the right / brake side peg . So I placed the OEM weights on the buel pegs . Vibration gone . FYI I tour on my bird . Dropped 55 pounds off the bike from stock only to put 55 right back on in Givi cases / Racks .
That 55 lb includes my gear in the bags . I weigh a mere 132 pounds so 12 ounces to delete vibes on the foot was a win win choice .

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="
" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

You only weigh 132? :bowdown:Holy cow! You gotta eat at McDonalds more! :D
A year and half ago I was 230 lbs. The heaviest I've ever been in my life. I lost 50 lbs and now feel better physically than I have in a long while. Lost it all in about 3 months too, and probably not the right way:redface:

I'd be all about trying a foot peg mod to lower them a half inch...but, they would have to visually match the rear pegs....
See....go ahead....just try and tell me I don't have "issues" :crazy:
OCD? I dunno. I refuse to see a psychiatrist :banana::lol::rolleyes:

Good talkin to you the other day c10:beerchug:

I'm only 5 foot 1 inch tall too ! My bird is not lowered , but sits a touch taller with the 190/55/17 tire . My brothers 2015 bird has blacked out buel pegs on black factory rear sets . Looks OEM .

here are some pics of my brothers bike , SV650 pegs , and me with a frind who is 6 ' 5" tall . Im on the table , and he reachs as high as I do almost

20170107_100519_HDR_zpsjxtypmzk.jpg

20170107_100529_HDR_zpsltumov4n.jpg

20161206_161653_HDR_zps4zkcdj2g.jpg

20161206_154519_zpsjeykrsrf.jpg

20161206_161320_zps2wzsx7g9.jpg

20161206_161330_zpstslwdgfs.jpg

20161206_154431_zps4xjrrmb5.jpg

20161206_154409_zpspbhfig5a.jpg

20161105_185233_zpstxujm5v0.jpg

I haven't noticed any difference in vibration since the Buell peg mod on my 06. No feelers either as my size 12s get kicked up in severe leans anyway.:)

rode 150 miles today. mostly back roads and twisties, and didn't notice one differance with the weights removed.
guess I will leave them off :beerchug:

kool deal :) fyi my phone broke , and I lost your cell # . I still have same #

That pic of you on the table is awesome btw:super:

To be fair on the pegs so far, I should point out that I am riding with proper motorcycle gear riding boots, so that may or may not affect vibrations. I'd have to throw on a pair of regular shoes and go for a ride, but I have no intentions of doing that if I can help it.
It also probably helps that I was constantly shifting from the balls of my feet on the turns, and back to the palms of my feet on the straights.
I'm trying to improve my riding technique, but force of habit keeps me from not staying on the balls of my feet on the pegs:banghead:

I feel like you have more control of the bike with rearsets. I put vortex rearsets on mine when it was a year or so old and have been running that every since. I put the OEMs back on briefly and I now just feel more secure with a solid peg. One issue I have with both is that my foot is so wide it covers the entire peg, so my foot occasionally scraps - constantly replacing the rub strip on my boots. I always ride on the balls of the feet, just feel better for control and habit. I actually have nerve damage in the right foot from this.

Back