Weight reduction

viking

Registered
I'm wondering what sort of mods can be done that drasticlly reduce weight apart from changing the exhaust and riding on an empty tank. I read on a web site that a guy had his busa weighing the same as a GSXR1000.

Viking

Got it weighing less, actually. I need to search for that link.

Just a few parts in a long list:

Carbon fiber tank
Carbon fiber fairings
Drilled cowling frame
Carbon fiber wheels
Ti exhaust
Modified frame
Lighter brake rotors
Lighter brake calipers
Removed PAIR valve

The list was huge, but it ended up shaving over 100 lbs., costing some obscene amount.

lachen011.gif
Drink Slim-Fast
ernaehrung019.gif
ernaehrung019.gif

ernaehrung019.gif

That's the web site, i lost the link also. He had done heaps of mods and the unpainted carbon fibre fairing had a mean look to it too.

If you find it can you post it, thanks...

i went from 276 lbs, from august, to officially 216 last night. so 60 lbs is a lil bit of a weight reduction on a bike lol

i think it was bill grumpy jenkins (drag racer from back in the day) or mabye smokey yunik..but he said ever 100 lbs is a tenth in the 1/4
thats in a car

just think of that much weight difference on a bike!
sweet deal

I been thiking about getting the light wheels and tank and a titanium exhaust. That should drop the weight of the busa quite nicely. By the way i only weigh 146 pounds so i already have a slight advantage over the more well rounded folk.

Viking

do you have a problem with us "well rounded" folks???? I hope not, I could eat you for breakfest and still go out and hop on the busa and beat just about anything on the road. Thats the beauty of motorcycle ridding, you dont have to be in shape to enjoy the sport. Go and eat your Krispy Kream and drink reguarl cokes, not the diet ones and still pull low quarter mile time and walk any car on the road.

I love motorcycles!

Wheels are number 1 considering the loss in rotating weight also equates to more power put towards acceleration and less effort in steering input makes the bike feel more nimble at speed. Look into bst carbon fiber.
Also look for a 1999-2000 sub frame, it will save more weight than buying a carbon fiber body.
Try vortec spockets, front(drilled) and rear(aluminum) though the front gets rid of the rubber noise dampener that comes on the original and adds a little chain noise (if you get picky).While you are replacing the sprockets keep in mind what type of riding you are doing because you can change the ratio to better suit your needs!

This is really messed up, again i'm just getting into these posts and replying to what I thought were the most recent by being listed on the front page. They should be deleted after a while...maybe too much to drink for the holidays!

Anyway Happy New Year
heart.gif

i went from 276 lbs, from august,  to officially 216 last night. so 60 lbs is a lil bit of a weight reduction on a bike lol

i think it was bill grumpy jenkins (drag racer from back in the day) or mabye smokey yunik..but he said ever 100 lbs is a tenth in the 1/4
thats in a car

sweet deal
Congrats on the weight loss.
thumb_up.gif
That's cool! I myself lost quite a bit of weight in 06 and 07. Keep up the good work!
jump9.gif

i went from 276 lbs, from august,  to officially 216 last night. so 60 lbs is a lil bit of a weight reduction on a bike lol

thats in a car

sweet deal
Congrats on the weight loss.
thumb_up.gif
That's cool! I myself lost quite a bit of weight in 06 and 07. Keep up the good work!
jump9.gif

Back