Weight lifting .

I got these a few weeks ago, for grip strength, and I think they work very well.
The grips obviously fit any bar and position
The ball grips hanging from the pullup bar also clip on to the ends of cables, and I use them on my Bowflex.

20190508_211636.jpg

20190508_211625.jpg

20190508_211748.jpg

I watched many videos this week after a failed attempt @ 405 lb dead lift . That was last Tuesday when photos above were taken . Today I reached a new personal best of 390 lb easier than a 385 lift a few weeks ago .
Today's weigh in was 148 lb . After this lift i'm only 10 pounds away from the 1000 pound club .
This felt amazing making this lift :) 46 years young , and besting all my sons .
Last Tuesday I also squeezed out a 320 pound squat .

I watched many videos this week after a failed attempt @ 405 lb dead lift . That was last Tuesday when photos above were taken . Today I reached a new personal best of 390 lb easier than a 385 lift a few weeks ago .
Today's weigh in was 148 lb . After this lift i'm only 10 pounds away from the 1000 pound club .
This felt amazing making this lift :) 46 years young , and besting all my sons .
Last Tuesday I also squeezed out a 320 pound squat .

Great progress just remember to take your time listen to your body when working out or pre. The biggest problem is injuries the more you're muscles are capable of moving the more risk especially if time off is taken; muscles may still be able to do but the ligaments tendons connective tissue takes a week or so to readjust again. Start using a spotter & anyone will do. One day I grabbed the girl from the behind the desk since no one else was available & I didn't want to wait any longer. She was in great shape but tiny; took one look at the bar & said I can't lift that then was going to bail. I told her I had lifted 5lbs less which was true & asked if she could lift 5 to 10 pounds because worst case that is all I would need her to do. Then it was not so scary to her & she spotted for me no issue. Lifting at home alone is good but heavy weight can be hard to judge. I got caught benching x weight for 10 or 11 reps during workout; it felt good went for the last rep and just didn't have it. Got it halfway twice (was young) had to drop one side to floor while sliding off between bench & floor gap not cool & nobody could hear as I was down stairs. That happened one other time & I bought the Iron Master self spotting rack which unlike a Smith rack w/ 4 or 5 rack points it could be locked 32 positions each inch & half apart. Problem solved

I'm using the schools safety racks when squatting that heavy , and I'm done trying to eek out more than 280 on bench . To get the 1000 lb mark the last ten is going to need to be dead lift or squat or both for 5 lb each to get that last ten in . I'm thinking by early July might be the right time .

I'm using the schools safety racks when squatting that heavy , and I'm done trying to eek out more than 280 on bench . To get the 1000 lb mark the last ten is going to need to be dead lift or squat or both for 5 lb each to get that last ten in . I'm thinking by early July might be the right time .
Would look to the squat for that extra weight as that is the easiest place to increase performance. You are really pushing for the body weight you are which people may be forgetting. All this time & we have never discussed nutrition, more important recovery what you are taking pre workout & post. Doing the work is hard but key is providing fuel for recovery/building muscle afterwards. Look into pre-workout drink, creatine to help with endurance/strength & amino acids, protein powder right after workout no more that 15min later max (these are basics). Intensity training which means upping the intensity while condensing the workout time. Read up on Dorian Yates book if you can find that gem or the video Blood & Guts. He has sound methods that make since are very effective & work over training is not you friend. As far as warm up when you get it down you can condense that to. Bench I would do 135, 155, 175, 185, 225 x 10reps then became 135, 185, 225, 275 for warm up. When I employed principles in college I realized my max workout set I was most concerned with was suffering due to the warm up sets prior even though condensed. I got great results once I changed to 4 total sets per body part 5 tops which looked like 135, 225, 275 for 10 then go for broke with 295-315pds for as many as possible. That one extra set of 10 was taking away from the final set that I always used to gauge my progress weight changes for the workout to follow. Once able to do that last set for over 10reps time to up the weight during that set which was way of knowing Max is going up without Maxing every day & not getting results or small ones. People get caught up in Maxing & don't go anywhere because of it.

Reactions: c10
Shade my avg calorie intake is 2200 plus minus 100 day . Protein is around 110 grams avg . I started amino acids about a month ago , but only work out days . Dropped from 6 days a week work outs to 5 days , and even sometimes 4 is one was real heavy . Nastee i'm sure ten is in squat as my video of 320 was pretty smooth , and hit the hip to knee height for a legal lift . I was reading the 1000 pound club rules , and doing all 3 lifts in 1 hour might present a new challenge . I've done two in a hour but never a 3rd .
One thing i'm considering is building a plat form for my left leg to raise it about 1 inch to see if this helps .
My left leg is 1" shorter than the right . It seems to make no change until I start getting heavy ( 75% or more)
I do the shake after a work out about 45 grams of protein plus a meal an hour after .
Drinking just over a gallon of fluids a day . Sometimes more as work on roof's / attics often .

I read last night a woman @ 140 lb made the 1000 lb . 200lb bench but incredible squat ( 375 ) , and dead lift of 425 plus . Tucker I think was her name .
I know my Job affects me as its pretty physical at times carrying 15 to 45 lb ladders , and a 15 lb tool belt for miles . LG Tracker captures days upwards of 18,000 steps with a daily average of 12,000 over the month .

Shade my avg calorie intake is 2200 plus minus 100 day . Protein is around 110 grams avg . I started amino acids about a month ago , but only work out days . Dropped from 6 days a week work outs to 5 days , and even sometimes 4 is one was real heavy . Nastee i'm sure ten is in squat as my video of 320 was pretty smooth , and hit the hip to knee height for a legal lift . I was reading the 1000 pound club rules , and doing all 3 lifts in 1 hour might present a new challenge . I've done two in a hour but never a 3rd .
One thing i'm considering is building a plat form for my left leg to raise it about 1 inch to see if this helps .
My left leg is 1" shorter than the right . It seems to make no change until I start getting heavy ( 75% or more)
I do the shake after a work out about 45 grams of protein plus a meal an hour after .
Drinking just over a gallon of fluids a day . Sometimes more as work on roof's / attics often .

I read last night a woman @ 140 lb made the 1000 lb . 200lb bench but incredible squat ( 375 ) , and dead lift of 425 plus . Tucker I think was her name .
I know my Job affects me as its pretty physical at times carrying 15 to 45 lb ladders , and a 15 lb tool belt for miles . LG Tracker captures days upwards of 18,000 steps with a daily average of 12,000 over the month .
Try taking amino acids before bed as this is when the body does it's daily repair/overhaul. Most shakes will contain amino acids so don't worry about them durring day. Creatine powder get some. Forget the instructions about loading you will not feel good & body doesn't need but 5 grams a day so take 1 small scoop before or during work out with pre drink humor me you will feel a difference and progress in a two week period. Oh & check protein powder you have/ buy some cheap companies say like at Wal-Mart will add it in which fine but you need to know as it can also be in pre workout drinks & you are taking it as a supplement also. You can be taking 15 grams daily & not no. If the protein drink is gritty or crunchy it probably has creatine in it so beware to much will dehydrate cause cramping. Football players get in trouble health wise cause they think I'm 300+pds & take 3 to 4 times as much then do tripple sessions in summer heat without extra water intake; down they go.

Here is the locking rack i told you about.

20190611_183014.jpg

20190611_183036.jpg

Back